Siposs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

attila_Siposs
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Well hello Dad :)

I have really enjoyed watching your son play, I especially love his composure, you just can't teach that.

As BS says, he believes he is going to kick the goal, and he kicks the goal.

Some of his instictive play shows me he is capable of CHF long term, both in setting up goals, and his accuracy from further out.

I also really like the raised arm goal celebration.
only pissed with bigmart someone should ask him why he is no longer at the school

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I have a feeling if I asked you it would be far more entertaining :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
stinger wrote:
saint66au wrote:
Perhaps a harsh call, but I wouldnt bunch Archer with this group. Ill be more than happy to look like a goose in 3 years, but I just cant see the same upside as the other two. Yes hes a big unit and can take a mark, but he looks slower than Mac. Lumbering big blokes im afraid are destined for a life of VFL supremacy

You should be on our drafting panel.......seeing that you can see that the guy's a dud....something our recruiters seem to have not noticed when they drafted him...

...give me and the kid a break ffs......what i have seen of him...and it's not much..i was impressed....whilst not in the same league as you as a judge of fine footy flesh.....i saw a glimmer of talent...but i, like our recruiters must have all been wrong.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Just an opinion..and and unlike some two bob experts on here..Im more than happy for you to bookmark that comment and throw it back in my face when he plays his first blinder :D

I shall eat humble pie and buy you a slice :-)
i will remember...the kid's got a couple of things...make that more than a couple.....going for him......size, bit of mongrel and determination to succeed....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Igmata wrote:
saint66au wrote:
St Igmata wrote:Sippos is miles off being a 100 game player.
In fact 98 games.
Its a tall ask but a couple of goodish games doesnt mean you have made it.
He will struggle this season as teams focus on him and work him over.
How he responds we dont know.
Here is hoping.
This time last season we were all singing Stanleys praises now people see development is crucial.
errrr were we?

Look big blokes take longer etc etc but I think Arryn's had more influence in two games than Stanley has had in a dozen. If Rhys does make it he'll be gold, cos he can run like the wind and thats numero uno important in big blokes these days...but right now hes pushed aside in contests and runs to wrong areas too often
Perspective.

He hasnt had the blow torch applied and he will.
He will be challenged mentally and physically.
How he responds will determine who he will be of course.

A few years ago we had a late draft pick also a suburban small Coleman , a smoky still the Thomas years. (Name escapes me)
Just never kicked on.

Development is crucial and so is attitude.

But dont expect much for three seasons.
It's how it works.

Let the kid just develop without the load of the clubs woes on his narrow shoulders .
sweeney
Last edited by stinger on Mon 16 May 2011 10:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Arryn is a natural and I don't think the hype will get to him. He doesn't seem to be the ego some of these young blokes portray. Takes a mark, walks back and kicks a goal, it's that easy. I love watching footy stripped back to the fundamentals.
This kid is fundamentally a footballer.

f***...can't argue with that.. :twisted:

...there's a reason he was given no 2.....

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Re: marto your a DICK

attila_Siposs wrote:Mr martin or as you like to call yourself BIGMART. You are a dick you have no idea about arryn. he has improved in many ways as a player and a man. the reason he improved is because we got him away from you you dick. He has never played a game of 2nd division football. he played in two premierships with beaconsfield u/16's in the second pemiership against berwick he played on a kid that was named all Australian u/16 at the national carnival and towled him up. he didn't kick 99 goals by arse. You need to pull your head in and hope like hell you don't cross my path. I have been reading your posts for the last month. And by the way stupid I know him better than you as I'm his DAD :idea:
I was there, and this isn't correct. If you're refering to a player with the initials MB, he didn't play on Arryn.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Perhaps a harsh call, but I wouldnt bunch Archer with this group. Ill be more than happy to look like a goose in 3 years, but I just cant see the same upside as the other two. Yes hes a big unit and can take a mark, but he looks slower than Mac. Lumbering big blokes im afraid are destined for a life of VFL supremacy
Totally agree Archer aint gonna make it.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
attila_Siposs wrote:Mr martin or as you like to call yourself BIGMART. You are a dick you have no idea about arryn. he has improved in many ways as a player and a man. the reason he improved is because we got him away from you you dick. He has never played a game of 2nd division football. he played in two premierships with beaconsfield u/16's in the second pemiership against berwick he played on a kid that was named all Australian u/16 at the national carnival and towled him up. he didn't kick 99 goals by arse. You need to pull your head in and hope like hell you don't cross my path. I have been reading your posts for the last month. And by the way stupid I know him better than you as I'm his DAD :idea:
I have met your son a few times and he seems like a nice kid and dont take this the wrong way, you will do your head in if you come on here expecting all positive stuff. i often disagre with BM but he hasnt really had many goes at your son. I would suggest for your sanity you dont read posts on this site as it will only upset you.
I concur.

If my son played for Saints there is no way id read this site.

“Yeah….nah””
iceman
Club Player

Noticed in some of his highlights and what not that he seems to have a streak of arrogance in him, loves to take a grab walk back (facing away from the goals) and just kick it, doesn't matter where he is, just wants to go back and slot it.

Hope that grows into a pure confidence and willingness to take important shots, demanding the footy and slotting them from all over the 50!

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

attila_Siposs wrote:

only pissed with bigmart someone should ask him why he is no longer at the school
How do you feel about having a tabloid paper named after you??

:wink:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Could Arryn be our James Hird??

Late draft pick (Sipposs - 75, Hird - 79), 6ft 2, midfielder/half forward, agile, good mark, great kick and most importantly blessed with a football brain

Long way to go of course but to me there seems to be quite a few similarities

Here's hoping!! :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
attila_Siposs
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:
I was there, and this isn't correct. If you're refering to a player with the initials MB, he didn't play on Arryn.

no it was not MB and by the way where is MB now. And infact it was Piva Wright and he wont mind me saying it as we have been friends for some time and he will agree with me.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

attila_Siposs wrote:
SainterK wrote:Well hello Dad :)

I have really enjoyed watching your son play, I especially love his composure, you just can't teach that.

As BS says, he believes he is going to kick the goal, and he kicks the goal.

Some of his instictive play shows me he is capable of CHF long term, both in setting up goals, and his accuracy from further out.

I also really like the raised arm goal celebration.
Don't let him get to you. after a while you just learn to skip his posts. Same for many others on this site. :D

And Welcome to the site........... you should be very proud of your boy! Shows real promise!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
St Igmata
Club Player

stinger wrote:
St Igmata wrote:
saint66au wrote:
St Igmata wrote:Sippos is miles off being a 100 game player.
In fact 98 games.
Its a tall ask but a couple of goodish games doesnt mean you have made it.
He will struggle this season as teams focus on him and work him over.
How he responds we dont know.
Here is hoping.
This time last season we were all singing Stanleys praises now people see development is crucial.
errrr were we?

Look big blokes take longer etc etc but I think Arryn's had more influence in two games than Stanley has had in a dozen. If Rhys does make it he'll be gold, cos he can run like the wind and thats numero uno important in big blokes these days...but right now hes pushed aside in contests and runs to wrong areas too often
Perspective.

He hasnt had the blow torch applied and he will.
He will be challenged mentally and physically.
How he responds will determine who he will be of course.

A few years ago we had a late draft pick also a suburban small Coleman , a smoky still the Thomas years. (Name escapes me)
Just never kicked on.

Development is crucial and so is attitude.

But dont expect much for three seasons.
It's how it works.

Let the kid just develop without the load of the clubs woes on his narrow shoulders .
sweeney
Thank you Stinger,

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

attila_Siposs wrote:
#1GILL wrote:

no it was not MB and by the way where is MB now. And infact it was Piva Wright and he wont mind me saying it as we have been friends for some time and he will agree with me.
Sorry I completely forgot about Piva.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

There's a lesson to be learnt Big Mart, dont s*** in your own backyard

Another opportunity awaits!
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

There's a lesson to be learnt Big Mart, dont s*** in your own backyard

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Funny!

But if I was a parent of a player, I wouldn't be lurking here. WAY too depressing to hear what the blimp-gutted armchair experts (don't) have to say...

Go AS, though. Good things.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Ahhhh

Nothing like a bit of ownage.

Hell no.

Dont read ANYTHING on this site if you are in any way related to any member of the playing or coaching staff.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Attila,

It's hard to believe your a grown man when you fire off a childish response and threats like that.

Keep whatever personal issues you have with Marto off the forum.

Marto was only offering his opinon. There was nothing personal about it and nothing even particularly negative about it.

It was the type of response you would expect on a fan forum.

Your response on the other hand is completely out of proportion and reeks of personalisation.

For some of you other forumites, don't speak on other's behalf in regards to who reads what.
I for one think Marto is one of the better posters on this forum that calls it like he sees it and thinks his opinions through.

That's a lot more than others on here

maverick
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Attila,

It's hard to believe your a grown man when you fire off a childish response and threats like that.

Keep whatever personal issues you have with Marto off the forum.

Marto was only offering his opinon. There was nothing personal about it and nothing even particularly negative about it.

It was the type of response you would expect on a fan forum.

Your response on the other hand is completely out of proportion and reeks of personalisation.

For some of you other forumites, don't speak on other's behalf in regards to who reads what.
I for one think Marto is one of the better posters on this forum that calls it like he sees it and thinks his opinions through.

That's a lot more than others on here
Is this for real?
How about you read what you write and follow your own advice.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I have met your son a few times and he seems like a nice kid and dont take this the wrong way, you will do your head in if you come on here expecting all positive stuff. i often disagre with BM but he hasnt really had many goes at your son. I would suggest for your sanity you dont read posts on this site as it will only upset you.
I concur.

If my son played for Saints there is no way id read this site.
If I played for the saints I'd be telling my dad not to disclose who he was and not to get into arguements of footy forums !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

markp
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, heaven forbid someone who is currently directly associated with a player un-anonymously fronts up here to clarify and clear a few things up!

What next... will people be called upon to appreciate that players are human beings with families and friends who should be talked about with some basic level of respect?... or worse, they'll be expected to actually get their facts right before posting?!

I bloody hope not.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Yeah, heaven forbid someone who is currently directly associated with a player un-anonymously fronts up here to clarify and clear a few things up!

What next... will people be called upon to appreciate that players are human beings with families and friends who should be talked about with some basic level of respect?... or worse, they'll be expected to actually get their facts right before posting?!

I bloody hope not.
Correct.

At least Attila doesn't hide behind some fictional TV doctor's pseudonym!

:oops:

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

You shouldn't be slagging off a players character on an internet forum especially if you taught them at high school or had dealings with them as a person and then sprout off as the ultimate authority.