Will soft supporters stick with our club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Personally I don't care if they do.

I will and to me thats all that matters.

And I know people will bang on about membership numbers but IMO only a small % of members would fit into the catergory of a "soft" supporter.

these may or may not be covered by juniors becoming full members and also People who are new to the game.

Let people jump off if they want. I love this club too much to jump myself.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:errrrrrr! YES! but DOES NOT mean I care any less for the club :D
Just not prepared to "go quietly" and after all, if we don't TALK about it how are we ever to solve the problem?
Better be careful Jigster, the "Real Supporter" faction will come after you with an attitude like that.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

errrrrrrrrrrrr? "real supporter faction" :? Does this mean I have to "come after" myself? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh yeah, I know that faction. Personally, I've always believed in the maxim "actions speak louder than words" and have never felt the need to declare myself to be a "real supporter"......(NOW watch 'em come for me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I won't be at the Carlton game....am I now only a "semi-hard supporter"
:wink: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
St Lenny
Club Player

Megsie wrote:I remember when just watching your team play each week & hoping like hell that they would win was enough to take us back each week. Now it's simply they don't turn up to functions for us! they don't treat us correctly anymore!! Who cares if a scarf doesn't arrive....keep ringing until you get it if you can't live without it. It's your club........i love this club unconditionally !!!!!!!!!
Wasnt long ago when a membership just got you into a game and nothing else. But thats still not enough for some.

I can also remember when you had to be referred to become a member, it was a privaledge in those days and still is as far as Im concerned.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Onya St Lenny! A privilege indeed! We also have a RESPONSIBILITY to have the "Henry Halls" to make our feelings known if we feel there are things that need attention. As far as "real supporters" go, oh yeah, I've seen SOME of these fine examples of "loyal supporters" in action, remember? they actually booed one of their own players as he went up to get a pre season premiership medal! You can see and (sadly) hear 'em too at the game when the going gets hard....bagging their own! :twisted:
I'll continue to support the club in the same way I've done since the start.
SUPPORT means telling 'em when they're getting it wrong!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

privilege?
its there privilege that they get OUR money!