Kim duthie admits never pregnant- too bloody late!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:I must admit that I'm loving the Herald-sun today (shout out to you p66). Here's an example of a publisher shifting responsibility because of its own failure to check the facts...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/st-kil ... 6016991612

'So who's to blame for our failure to verify the pregnancy? I know! Andrew Demetriou!! He knew all along and didn't tell us - what a piece of work he is. Oh, and let's blame a couple of anonymous "sources" too. How dare they feed us incorrect information. What an outrage!'
And:

"The Frankston 17-year-old made the stunning admission during Channel 9 current affairs show 60 Minutes and apologised to Gilbert."

That is to say, 'the answer to a question I would have asked had I any credibility whatsoever'.

Utterly useless gutter scum.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i hated him so much
but then i liked him and there was lust
now i dont like him

what tosh
she set him up right from the start
and the dumb bastard was stoopid enough to fall for it

you aint brad pitt ricky you idiot
she doesnt like you for your striking good looks

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:i hated him so much
now i dont like him

what tosh

Hey I once chased a bird about because she had a certain tendency not to let the restraints of her catholic education restrict her willingness to, urm, enjoy life.

That she was a complete and utter dangerous nutter - she actually stole from me - had little to do with my decision making at the time.

People to dumb s***.

What can do?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
matrix wrote:i hated him so much
now i dont like him

what tosh

Hey I once chased a bird about because she had a certain tendency not to let the restraints of her catholic education restrict her willingness to, urm, enjoy life.

That she was a complete and utter dangerous nutter - she actually stole from me - had little to do with my decision making at the time.

People to dumb s***.

What can do?
Fair enough.

But I suppose people expect more from someone who is 47 years old and, more importantly, makes a living from advising, guiding and managing others.

suss
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
suss wrote:I must admit that I'm loving the Herald-sun today (shout out to you p66). Here's an example of a publisher shifting responsibility because of its own failure to check the facts...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/st-kil ... 6016991612

'So who's to blame for our failure to verify the pregnancy? I know! Andrew Demetriou!! He knew all along and didn't tell us - what a piece of work he is. Oh, and let's blame a couple of anonymous "sources" too. How dare they feed us incorrect information. What an outrage!'
And:

"The Frankston 17-year-old made the stunning admission during Channel 9 current affairs show 60 Minutes and apologised to Gilbert."

That is to say, 'the answer to a question I would have asked had I any credibility whatsoever'.

Utterly useless gutter scum.
Now The Age are blaming Demetriou too...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... 1bk1v.html

Apparently he 'knew' all along. Yes, Andrew Demetriou's glasses are not just glassess but are in fact x-ray specs with which he can peer inside the belly of a woman to determine whether or not she is pregnant. My God I'm loving all this back-peddling...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah and the other women on the age big noting herself now, its the article above the dimwit one

philtee
Club Player

Exactly right, suss.
If Demetriou had a clue that the pregnancy story was a fake, then why didn't the Herald-Sun ? It really is an admission of failure
by all media that they didn't ask the questions that needed to be asked, or seek verification from a 2nd source.

The other possibility is that the media chose to ignore certain facts because they would have got in the way of a good story.

Today, most media are attempting to deflect attention from their culpability by making Nixon the focus.

It wasn't just KD that was exposed last night, it was the Aussie media as well, well and truly caught with their pants down, more victims of KD.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:yeah and the other women on the age big noting herself now, its the article above the dimwit one
I'm not sure I understand exactly what it is she is on about?

I mean seriously, what is her point?

What exactly has St K or the AFL done that is bad?

There is one villain, and one villain alone - the one profiting from it...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

dunno mate
i think she is doing the stand up and shout 'look at me' thing and doing it for womens rights or something

(im not against womens rights by the way girls)

but yeah...after all thats happened in two days that story is kinda odd.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Woman's rights is one thing... and it's in the name of fairness.

Does it extend to manipulation and plotting to destroy other peoples lives and cashing in on the mayhem ?
Last edited by samoht on Mon 07 Mar 2011 11:31am, edited 2 times in total.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I know Sam Lane was charging like a bull at a gate at the outset. Maybe it's a way for her to soften the edge of her militancy on the subject.

Kinda laughable.

mich13
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
matrix wrote:yeah and the other women on the age big noting herself now, its the article above the dimwit one

My guess is that this particular article was sourced and written before the 60 minutes soap opera. If so, the Age possibly should have retracted it as it seems foolish to say that stuff now!
Last edited by mich13 on Mon 07 Mar 2011 11:50am, edited 1 time in total.

"You can get more money elsewhere, but [St Kilda] is our home, we love it to death, so why would you want to leave?"

- Nick Dal Santo 21 Jun 2005
matrix
Saintsational Legend

good call

saintly
Saintsational Legend

mich13 wrote:
Thinline wrote:

My guess is that this particular article was sourced and written before the 60 minutes soap opera. If so, the Age possibly should have retracted it as it seems foolish to say that stuff now!
even if the Age or any newspaper apologies, all they do is put a small three liner in the paper (not in a prominent spot apologising for whatever error is made.) Rarely people see it or notice it

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Maybe they might put it in the good call bad call segment on FC

Another opportunity awaits!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:Maybe they might put it in the good call bad call segment on FC
:lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:Exactly right, suss.
If Demetriou had a clue that the pregnancy story was a fake, then why didn't the Herald-Sun ? It really is an admission of failure
by all media that they didn't ask the questions that needed to be asked, or seek verification from a 2nd source.

The other possibility is that the media chose to ignore certain facts because they would have got in the way of a good story.

Today, most media are attempting to deflect attention from their culpability by making Nixon the focus.

It wasn't just KD that was exposed last night, it was the Aussie media as well, well and truly caught with their pants down, more victims of KD.
I love how they imply everything was potentially so simple now, when obviously it was a royal mess.

Hindsight is wonderful.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

What has surprised me on this forum his how some have been quick to dismiss her as a potential decent shag.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Posted: Sun 06 Mar 2011 8:51pm

why has she f_ed her life up?
what do people think she would/should have been doing otherwise? Head Dr at the Royal Melbourne?
she has come out of this ahead of where she was 12 months ago.

saints absolutely in the clear.

only one who has farked up his life is ricky nixon.

Now he is going to book himself into a drug clinic for his blow habit. Blame the blow and hope we all forgive him for his mis-deeds. Hes going to copy the blueprint that Carey adopted including "exclusive interviews". Very very boring strategy. What a kn*b.
told you so