Caroline Wilson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Funny that 90% of the media are against us at the moment afterall we have done nothing wrong. The other thing that is funny is I have been told only the Herald Sun hate us. I reckon it is about time some of us here got those chips off our shoulders and realise if the club hadnt stuffed up there would be nothing to write about.

Maybe if we stop looking for excuses and blaming others we would walk straighter instead of going around in circles because of the chip.
oh ffs.....stfu would you.....your continued defence of the scummie press in this town is actually pathetic.....no saints supporter would go on and on with the rubbish you trott out on a daily basis......why don't you f*** off to eddie park..... :roll: :roll:
Spot on Stinger! Spot on! :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:Had to laugh at this line - "Riewoldt perpetuated the myth of a club under seige."
Er, actually Caroline, the Club IS under seige, from all corners of the media, including yourself, who have pounced on any perceived "slip-up" by the Club. YOU'RE the one at the gates lobbing grenades over the wall. Why else do we have you on page 5 going on and on and on ?

And, if you do know of any rift at board level, don't hide behind innuendo - name names, make some calls, find out some more facts, otherwise you're just printing the rumour.

yep...that one made me laugh.....she has nfi.....no f****** idea....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Funny that 90% of the media are against us at the moment afterall we have done nothing wrong. The other thing that is funny is I have been told only the Herald Sun hate us. I reckon it is about time some of us here got those chips off our shoulders and realise if the club hadnt stuffed up there would be nothing to write about.

Maybe if we stop looking for excuses and blaming others we would walk straighter instead of going around in circles because of the chip.
oh ffs.....stfu would you.....your continued defence of the scummie press in this town is actually pathetic.....no saints supporter would go on and on with the rubbish you trott out on a daily basis......why don't you f*** off to eddie park..... :roll: :roll:
Tweedle dumb if you are going to work with someone else on here I suggest you pick a better target than Stinger.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
stinger wrote:

Tweedle dumb if you are going to work with someone else on here I suggest you pick a better target than Stinger.
Listen Plughole!, I'll damn well work with whoever I like!! And that will be ANYONE with a differing opinion to you, because I'll know they'll be DEFINATELY right!! :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
stinger wrote:

Listen Plughole!, I'll damn well work with whoever I like!! And that will be ANYONE with a differing opinion to you, because I'll know they'll be DEFINATELY right!! :lol:
Maybe most but not Stinger. He is older than Adam and still hasnt been right yet. Just trying to help you out. Mr Magic is good and Dr Spaceman. Maybe even MarkP or JB. They disagree with me plenty and are probably right so for your info work with them when they have a go at me.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Just a quick point on Hinch.

He's not a journalist, he's paid to be sensationalist. Who cares what he says? Rational people don't. Idiots listen to commercial talkback radio and shock-jocks.

Are you an idiot?
no.....and i have never listened to him either....but he is a c*** and he is damaging the st kilda brand....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

Havent heard from you in a while old man cleaner. The most hilarous thing about you is that you pretend to be lawyer and they have even less respect then any press person. At least if you were honest and told everyone you were a very older cleaner you may get more respect.

By the way old person what has Eddie got to do with me?
and if you just told the truth steve.....admitted to sleeping with the enemy.(press and or afl)..and then just f***ed off...we would all be happier....

:twisted:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:
stinger wrote:

Maybe most but not Stinger. He is older than Adam and still hasnt been right yet. Just trying to help you out. Mr Magic is good and Dr Spaceman. Maybe even MarkP or JB. They disagree with me plenty and are probably right so for your info work with them when they have a go at me.

you silly old fool..&...i'm right about you.... :roll: :evil:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:As fans, we sure know how to play the victim.

I thought Caroline Wilson's editorial explained her point of view quite well.

Some things I agreed with, others I didn't.

But it's her view. It's not a report; it's her take on the situation. You can disagree with it, you don't even have to read it. But it's her view and she's entitled to have it.

We need to get over this ridiculous victim mentality. It's time we, as a club, grew up once and for all.
I am beginning to think that's why Roo's speech resonated with the fans.

The 'us and them' mentality, should be reserved for the footy field.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

There's alot of love around here... :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:There's alot of love around here... :)
Well I love you and also the Herald Sun even though you havent read it for 5 years.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sat 05 Feb 2011 4:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Moods wrote:You ask Spinner how the club could have handled the situation better? Well there was robust debate at the time on this very site about how the situation was handled. Standing on the steps of the Supreme Court threatening to make her pay until she is past 30yrs of age did exactly what CW said it did. Shifted the sympathy straight from the players involved to the club and made us look like bullies. She's a 17 year old kid - I fail to understand why the club couldn't have just taken out an injunction about the pictures being shown and sought immediate mediation.
It would be convenient if that's what Levin said, but it isn't. He was specifically referring to any profiteering she made as a result of her exploitation. And as far as I'm concerned it should be enforceable for life.
The players have been crucified in the past 3 months - some unfairly some not. People have taken bits and pieces from the article that they haven't liked, but overall I thought the article was well written. I didn't agree with everything in it, but I didn't disagree with everything in it. Whether we like it or not, her opinion reflects what many average punters are saying about us. I've always believed that it's very rare that EVERYONE is wrong.
If the media run with a viewpoint for long enough they succeed in shaping the public debate. Funnily enough, they haven't been entirely suucessful. Many average punters have now had enough of the campaign and are starting to see through it.
Interesting point too about our player welfare manager and other resources not being able to cope with these issues as they have been stretched in other areas. Makes sense considering how we have probably been putting all our eggs into the basket of footy and don't have the finances to adequately cope with everything like say the pies. No shame to admit that we have poss got a few things wrong in the last 2 years. I have been a big wrap for Lyon and the footy admin in the past 3 years, but why can't we admit that not everything's perfect at the saints? The only place we seem to be able to admit it is on here where arguments flame. Heaven help anyone not connected to the club who has the audacity to attack or even comment negatively of our club (especially a woman)
Spurious, unsubstantiated crap. Yes, it is an opinion piece. Don't mistake that little tidbit for a fact.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Well I love you and also the Herald Sun even though you havent read it for 5 years.
Thanks Plugger...

I love you too... no wait... that warm and fuzzy feeling is the effects of the 3rd beer of the day kicking in.

Yaw awl right though.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Sorry HS no love for you.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thanks Plugger...

I love you too... no wait... that warm and fuzzy feeling is the effects of the 3rd beer of the day kicking in.

Yaw awl right though.
That reminds me. I better have my first right now.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Spinner wrote:

I thought the naming of the two player and stating they had sex with a 16 year old was pathetic.

Maybe she should look at the law... They werent named originally because they did nothing wrong... Maybe she wants the law changed...

The article begins attacking the club for their speeches thursday night, and quickly turns into a feminist pointed attack - clearly she couldnt help herself.

And I would like to ask all those proposed that the situation should have been handled better (one being wilson)... How would you have handled it better... It got to a point where she finially stopped once threatened with legal action.
I just read the article, and actually thought it was reasonably fair. People talk about the saints bubble, but I am convinced that most of our supporters live in the same bubble. The article is far more measured than say Hinch or Walls and several others that have been written. All she's basically saying is that Riewoldt is out of step with how most in society view the saints at the moment. Painting us as the victims in all this, is not winning us any friends, and the broader footy public now view the saints not only as misbehaved but a bunch of sooks as a result of Roo's little speech.

You ask Spinner how the club could have handled the situation better? Well there was robust debate at the time on this very site about how the situation was handled. Standing on the steps of the Supreme Court threatening to make her pay until she is past 30yrs of age did exactly what CW said it did. Shifted the sympathy straight from the players involved to the club and made us look like bullies. She's a 17 year old kid - I fail to understand why the club couldn't have just taken out an injunction about the pictures being shown and sought immediate mediation.

The players have been crucified in the past 3 months - some unfairly some not. People have taken bits and pieces from the article that they haven't liked, but overall I thought the article was well written. I didn't agree with everything in it, but I didn't disagree with everything in it. Whether we like it or not, her opinion reflects what many average punters are saying about us. I've always believed that it's very rare that EVERYONE is wrong.

Interesting point too about our player welfare manager and other resources not being able to cope with these issues as they have been stretched in other areas. Makes sense considering how we have probably been putting all our eggs into the basket of footy and don't have the finances to adequately cope with everything like say the pies. No shame to admit that we have poss got a few things wrong in the last 2 years. I have been a big wrap for Lyon and the footy admin in the past 3 years, but why can't we admit that not everything's perfect at the saints? The only place we seem to be able to admit it is on here where arguments flame. Heaven help anyone not connected to the club who has the audacity to attack or even comment negatively of our club (especially a woman)

Did you agree with the naming of Gilbert and Armitage insinuating that they had done something wrong???

The first half was her opinion on the current events..Good for her. The second half flew off onto a tangent of women/sex/feminist venting so fast it made my head spin.

I had a problem with that part of it... As i articulated originally.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

anybody who thinks that the wilson article is reasonable are having themselves on imhfo.....where are the facts to support her allegations regarding the assistant coaches or drain......the article...and it is only an opinion piece from a gutter journalist.....is full of fiction dressed up as fact...and just plain and simple lies....just another crappy piece from a crappy has-been.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: and ...her attempts to support the girl at the centre of one little storm are pathetic to say the least.....
Last edited by stinger on Sat 05 Feb 2011 4:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Interesting point too about our player welfare manager and other resources not being able to cope with these issues as they have been stretched in other areas. Makes sense considering how we have probably been putting all our eggs into the basket of footy and don't have the finances to adequately cope with everything like say the pies.
Don't forget in early 2010 that some Collingwood players went on a 10 hour drinking binge which resulted in a punch up involving Pendlebury.

Not to mention the rape allegetions against 2 drunken Collingwood players recently.

So perhaps we shouldn't be using the reigning premier as an example of model behaviour!

Unless of course, it's the footy we care about. Then in that case they're a great model.

So I guess this petty off-field stuff doesn't really make a difference at all!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Pretty sure people have made it clear there were certain elements that they perhaps agreed with, nobody (to my knowledge) has pumped it up as anything more.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
Moods wrote: Interesting point too about our player welfare manager and other resources not being able to cope with these issues as they have been stretched in other areas. Makes sense considering how we have probably been putting all our eggs into the basket of footy and don't have the finances to adequately cope with everything like say the pies.
Don't forget in early 2010 that some Collingwood players went on a 10 hour drinking binge which resulted in a punch up involving Pendlebury.

Not to mention the rape allegetions against 2 drunken Collingwood players recently.

So perhaps we shouldn't be using the reigning premier as an example of model behaviour!

Unless of course, it's the footy we care about. Then in that case they're a great model.

So I guess this petty off-field stuff doesn't really make a difference at all!

and the ones from the filth who were also rooting little miss trouble maker.....

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Pretty sure people have made it clear there were certain elements that they perhaps agreed with, nobody (to my knowledge) has pumped it up as anything more.
But you could write the same article about any club, and certain elements of it would be agreed with. Infact for most other clubs over the past 2 years it'd far more damaging and relevant to other clubs.

The question is, why the hell does an article like this, and the countless other ones, need to be written?

And the answer comes back to the gripe that most Saint hearted people have.

Very, very few of these articles address each incident directly. If they did, there'd be no article and no story.

But that's not what the press want. The public can smell blood, and the press want to deliver!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

People thinking that Levin's actions/statements caused some seismic shift in sympathy have very short memories.

Apart from Saints supporters, our club was in the gun from the moment the KD story hit the media.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:
........I have been a big wrap for Lyon and the footy admin in the past 3 years, but why can't we admit that not everything's perfect at the saints? The only place we seem to be able to admit it is on here where arguments flame. Heaven help anyone not connected to the club who has the audacity to attack or even comment negatively of our club (especially a woman)
Yep, see how you get trampled on here if you dare make a comment deemed to be negative on current issues, coaching, trading or drafting :shock:

Stand your ground :shock:
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
Moods wrote:
........I have been a big wrap for Lyon and the footy admin in the past 3 years, but why can't we admit that not everything's perfect at the saints? The only place we seem to be able to admit it is on here where arguments flame. Heaven help anyone not connected to the club who has the audacity to attack or even comment negatively of our club (especially a woman)
Yep, see how you get trampled on here if you dare make a comment deemed to be negative on current issues, coaching, trading or drafting :shock:
and your love for the club get's questioned :(

saintly
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Moods wrote:
Spinner wrote:

I thought the naming of the two player and stating they had sex with a 16 year old was pathetic.

Maybe she should look at the law... They werent named originally because they did nothing wrong... Maybe she wants the law changed...

The article begins attacking the club for their speeches thursday night, and quickly turns into a feminist pointed attack - clearly she couldnt help herself.

And I would like to ask all those proposed that the situation should have been handled better (one being wilson)... How would you have handled it better... It got to a point where she finially stopped once threatened with legal action.
I just read the article, and actually thought it was reasonably fair. People talk about the saints bubble, but I am convinced that most of our supporters live in the same bubble. The article is far more measured than say Hinch or Walls and several others that have been written. All she's basically saying is that Riewoldt is out of step with how most in society view the saints at the moment. Painting us as the victims in all this, is not winning us any friends, and the broader footy public now view the saints not only as misbehaved but a bunch of sooks as a result of Roo's little speech.

You ask Spinner how the club could have handled the situation better? Well there was robust debate at the time on this very site about how the situation was handled. Standing on the steps of the Supreme Court threatening to make her pay until she is past 30yrs of age did exactly what CW said it did. Shifted the sympathy straight from the players involved to the club and made us look like bullies. She's a 17 year old kid - I fail to understand why the club couldn't have just taken out an injunction about the pictures being shown and sought immediate mediation.

Excellently written.
yep have to agree, good writing.