Fevola

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Michele
Club Player

markp wrote:Let's get Aker too.
Now that is one footballer who I do not want to pull on a Saints jumper

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Fevola

Dr Spaceman wrote: By the way, I wasn't aware Knights was a key backman - unless of course you're suggesting we draft Peter Knights :shock:
No, not looking to replace Zac with Knights, would just prefer him on our list over Zac. Geartner might replace Zac in a year or two if he isn't careful (or you could argue we don't need him there at all). Goal kicking mids are hard to find and isn't Knights just that?

Having said that about Zac, he did do some pretty good things last Friday night I was impressed with his ability to hit the chest a couple of times, he still worries me when the ball is in the air though (he doesn't seem to have that awareness that a natural footballer does). Anyway, I've gone off topic, getting Fev was tongue in cheek, don't really expect nor want it for our club - especially after the off field year we've had!!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I call set up...

Heard rumblings the last few days that Black and Power are not happy with there new contracts. Riscettelli has walked,due to them trying to trade him for Fev in the first place. Brisbane have now finally realised what a mistake they made and now the mess they are in,so they've tried to fix the problem...get rid of Fev. Bookmark it

Bring back the Lockett era
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Fev now suspended indefinitely while the Club AND police investigate.
My first thought when I heard/read this was that Brisbane have decided to go down the St Kilda-Lovett track. Indefinate suspension until such time as charges are laid, THEN SACKED !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:I call set up...

Heard rumblings the last few days that Black and Power are not happy with there new contracts. Riscettelli has walked,due to them trying to trade him for Fev in the first place. Brisbane have now finally realised what a mistake they made and now the mess they are in,so they've tried to fix the problem...get rid of Fev. Bookmark it
The only thing Brisbane may of been guilty of is loosening his leash knowing it would be only a matter of time....

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Fevs not the brightest light at the carnival..... GONE!!!!

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Funny you should say that. Something is rotten in Denmark with this whole situation.

The common denominator for all of Fev's indiscretions is alcohol. It is *believed* that Fev was stone cold sober during this latest incident. Now apparently this women was in his car. Why would a married woman (her husband and children were at the same event apparently) be doing in Fev's car (if this rumour is true)?

Also, Fev has adamantly denied any wrong doing. Not once in the past has he ever publicly denied any of his incidents. Apparently, when he and his manager where called to the club about this incident, they stayed just long enough to hear what he was accused of and then walked out.

Call me suspicious, but there are just too many inconsistencies in the story at the moment. Just doesn't add up. All will come out in good time, no doubt. These types of incidents never stay quiet.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:

Funny you should say that. Something is rotten in Denmark with this whole situation.

The common denominator for all of Fev's indiscretions is alcohol. It is *believed* that Fev was stone cold sober during this latest incident. Now apparently this women was in his car. Why would a married woman (her husband and children were at the same event apparently) be doing in Fev's car (if this rumour is true)?

Also, Fev has adamantly denied any wrong doing. Not once in the past has he ever publicly denied any of his incidents. Apparently, when he and his manager where called to the club about this incident, they stayed just long enough to hear what he was accused of and then walked out.

Call me suspicious, but there are just too many inconsistencies in the story at the moment. Just doesn't add up. All will come out in good time, no doubt. These types of incidents never stay quiet.

exactly what the missus said

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

no one in the world would i even look at this nuffy

even the 'boys' get sick of one of their 'own' after so many f*** ups.

back to vfl you idiot

markp
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:

It's being reported that he allegedly lured her to his car with the promise of a free footy for her kids, who were 50 meters away.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

markp wrote:
saint75 wrote:

It's being reported that he allegedly lured her to his car with the promise of a free footy for her kids, who were 50 meters away.
Makes even less sense. Why would he want to 'lure' her to his car? Not typical Fev type of behaviour.

Selwood can apparently vouch for him and has defended Fev on this one. Interesting that Selwood is also being delisted this year so has no ties or loyalty to the Lions.

I strongly believe someone is going to end up with egg on their face and it may not be Fev....... :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
stinger
Saintsational Legend

starting to sound like it only became a problem when hubby caught them in the car together.....
...but..

......looks like now all fev's chooks are coming home to roost and the fowlhouse is definately being kicked down

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/f ... 151dw.html

"When St Kilda sacked Andrew Lovett earlier this year and reached a financial settlement with him for terminating his contract, that payout had to be included in the salary cap spread across the terms of his contract'

....thAt's a bummer though.... :cry:
Last edited by stinger on Thu 09 Sep 2010 10:45am, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
I strongly believe someone is going to end up with egg on their face and it may not be Fev....... :lol:
Anything is possible..including that the woman involved may have been enjoying her husband's absence shall we say.

However it remains that that even if she was actually consenting that there is a time and place for everything....and that such behaviour in a car outside of a venue that you had been "appearing" at is inappropriate ..and more so when said function was a "Family Day" type function.

So either way Fev will have egg on his face....unless their was absolutely no "flashing" involved.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
saint75 wrote:
Anything is possible..including that the woman involved may have been enjoying her husband's absence shall we say.

However it remains that that even if she was actually consenting that there is a time and place for everything....and that such behaviour in a car outside of a venue that you had been "appearing" at is inappropriate ..and more so when said function was a "Family Day" type function.

So either way Fev will have egg on his face....unless their was absolutely no "flashing" involved.

......times have changed....used to be when a guy flopped it out onto a young lady's hand....it was just a case of boys being boys.....ask ian..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
markp wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Makes even less sense. Why would he want to 'lure' her to his car? Not typical Fev type of behaviour.

Selwood can apparently vouch for him and has defended Fev on this one. Interesting that Selwood is also being delisted this year so has no ties or loyalty to the Lions.

Maybe he 'lured' her back with the intention of giving her a footy, and thought he'd try his luck at getting something in return... how would I know?

But 'typical Fev behaviour' defies reason at the best of times...

What makes no sense to me is that this could be a club set-up to get rid of him.

If they sack him wont they'll still have to pay him, and wont that still be considered part of the salary cap?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Given Fevs past, are we even sure he got 'little Fev' out? Isn't it more his style to play around with plastic 'little Fev's' in public? Maybe she got confused...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Haven't read the thread.

The main thing this incident has highlighted for me is that after 24 months of first Hutchy chasing ambulances, and then Damian Barrett straight out making it up (how many times did he tell us Cousins was about to be sacked?), I don't believe anything out of the media until there's a press conference.

I will believe that:
1) Fevola is going to be sacked, and
2) Black, Power, Drummond, Brennan et al are all looking at leaving

when it happens. Not sooner, certainly not on the basis of a bunch of lazy, overpaid, low quality fiction writers telling me that 1+1 is 3. I believe that where there's smoke there's fire, I just get sick of getting told there's smoke where there's steam.

They may have something, they may not. My perspective has become that out of every 3 stories, 1 will have a factual basis. Their hit rate is better than that because not all the guesses are bad, and the media does have leverage... but I've got a stopped clock. It's right twice a day, but I don't consult it for the time.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
markp
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Given Fevs past, are we even sure he got 'little Fev' out? Isn't it more his style to play around with plastic 'little Fev's' in public? Maybe she got confused...
She's got 4 kids... I'm sure she knows what's what.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
St Ick wrote:Given Fevs past, are we even sure he got 'little Fev' out? Isn't it more his style to play around with plastic 'little Fev's' in public? Maybe she got confused...
She's got 4 kids... I'm sure she knows what's what.
They've made great advances in plastic these days, or so I believe :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:another pissed off lion....

http://media.theage.com.au/lifestyle/es ... om=newsbox
Let's see Fev get Little Brendan Junior out in that scenario :lol:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Interesting how this story is suddenly turning against the Brisbane Lions.

Amazing how quickly people jump to conclusions before the full story comes out.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

markp wrote:Maybe he 'lured' her back with the intention of giving her a footy, and thought he'd try his luck at getting something in return... how would I know?

But 'typical Fev behaviour' defies reason at the best of times...

What makes no sense to me is that this could be a club set-up to get rid of him.

If they sack him wont they'll still have to pay him, and wont that still be considered part of the salary cap?
Way too many questions for a supposed 'cut and dry' typical Fev type stunt.

I don't believe that he would have to be paid out his entire contract as I have *heard* that his contract has out clauses for this type of behaviour. Not having actually seen his contract, that is purely hearsay so nothing I could say is concrete or accurate.

I left my tin foil hat off today so no, I don't necessarily believe that it is a set up by the Lions, don't necessarily think it is a set up at all. Hell, for all I know, he may be guilty. However, just does not add up from the current evidence that has come to light. Time will tell!

I really don't care to be honest as it does not affect St Kilda one way or the other. He is unlikely to be picked up by us regardless of the outcome. Seems many are willing to pot him on here. Just think that he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Just like we gave our own players in incidents that were 'less than savory' that made it out into the media spotlight.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I know Fev is a bit of dimwit, but the fact that he has been hung drawn and quartered in the media for a classic 'he said, she said' incident is appalling.

The media have to get over themselves.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'