Sensitive Saints data stolen - Police investigating

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lurker#134
Club Player

Media report that $12000 of Apple laptops have been stolen from the St. Kilda Football Club overnight. Police are still looking for both computers.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
gringo wrote:Can just hear some smacked out junky calling collinwoods number wiv an offer of some sensitive information. Just needs some one to turn on the computerator to get at it.
If that's the case, Mick, for one, would want nothing to do with it and would probably be the first to try to get whoever stole it all arrested.
After he made a copy, the snake...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SaintSimmo
Club Player

lets hope the computers wiped can be recovered and the stolen laptops can be found (hopefully they were password protected and backed up)
Probs just some dumb kids.

Sainter for life.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

AlpineStars wrote:Thanks 1Gill,
Really though for 4 years our club has been spending millions and working as hard as they can for the ultimate success only to have their laptops and tech data stolen. What a joke, someone needs their ass kicked over this.

Again we are a laughing stock.
let's hope they're laughing on the other sides of their faces in a month from now.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Given that 80% of businesses in Aust have no recovery plan - I am doubtful that the data would be restored.
Sad if this is true of us.
Kids could crack passwords easily!
The fact that they are Macs is good!
But the data is probably non-critical and in the hands of some idiots anyway.
Maybe Ross can say "forget the lost details - just do the freakin thing!"
$12000 for TWO Apple laptops - which laptops are they?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
lurker#134
Club Player

mbogo wrote:Given that 80% of businesses in Aust have no recovery plan - I am doubtful that the data would be restored.
Sad if this is true of us.
Kids could crack passwords easily!
The fact that they are Macs is good!
But the data is probably non-critical and in the hands of some idiots anyway.
Maybe Ross can say "forget the lost details - just do the freakin thing!"
$12000 for TWO Apple laptops - which laptops are they?

SaintSimmo
Club Player

the fact there was only 2 laptops missing is good news.Not like we are gonna put our whole game plan on 2 computers. Hopefully it was something minor.

Sainter for life.
lurker#134
Club Player

I was making a joke. I don't know anything. Please disregard my post.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I thought I heard it mentioned this morning that the Saints now claim there was nothing of any great importance on the stolen computers. Anyone care to confirm?

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:I thought I heard it mentioned this morning that the Saints now claim there was nothing of any great importance on the stolen computers. Anyone care to confirm?
true or not, of course the saints would say that.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
St. Luke wrote:I thought I heard it mentioned this morning that the Saints now claim there was nothing of any great importance on the stolen computers. Anyone care to confirm?
So the report yesterday that claimed Lyon was furious was because there was nothing overly important on them? :P Makes sense :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
saintly wrote:
So the report yesterday that claimed Lyon was furious was because there was nothing overly important on them? :P Makes sense :lol:
there were no actual quotes from any saints regarding how they felt about the break in

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

No, maybe not quoted, but it was "understood" he was furious about it.

markp
Saintsational Legend

'It is understood he is furious' is about as definitive as 'I spoke to someone who reckons he'd be furious'.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:'It is understood he is furious' is about as definitive as 'I spoke to someone who reckons he'd be furious'.
:lol: Actually, I understood he was "over-joyed" about the experience ;)

Beej
Saintsational Legend

I really hope we win more now after this, if that's possible, because I'm sure there are some in this thread who are just itching to use the stolen laptops as an excuse if we lose and that will be painfully embarrassing to read.