Five saints called in Lovett case

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Legendary
Club Player

3:16 wrote:
chook23 wrote:SEN stating he has been committed to stand trial
Fair enough, would have thought that was a no-brainer, based on events and evidence!!!!!
Hopefully trial date is set down for somewhere around Oct-Nov and it can be all wrapped up before the season next year.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:everyone knows who the girl is yea? that email went round a while ago...very interesting. i think i feel sorry for lovett at this stage. it was pretty clear ross wanted him and the players did not.
i dont know whether he is guilty here or not but the girl has a rep
1/ So you are saying that if a female likes sex, that any male can rape her? :roll:

2/ I doubt very much that Lyon still wanted him once the facts were known post-Xmas Eve.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
And how is it clear that the players didn't want him? Am i missing something?
Well for example Mini's testimony at the hearing was that at the time that he told him (Lovett) that he was no longer welcome at the club.
I think that may have been because he was just accused of rape. That doesnt mean he wasnt wanted before that.

3:16
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
Well for example Mini's testimony at the hearing was that at the time that he told him (Lovett) that he was no longer welcome at the club.
Fair enough too, although Mini might want to start getting a few more touches or he might be the same!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:SEN stating he has been committed to stand trial
Fair enough, would have thought that was a no-brainer, based on events and evidence!!!!!
How so? Drunk people everywhere and he said/she said?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
Fair enough too, although Mini might want to start getting a few more touches or he might be the same!!!!!
Is that a joke?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Was it Sep 9th?

saint4life
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
I think that may have been because he was just accused of rape. That doesnt mean he wasnt wanted before that.
I must have missed the part where I said that any player said it earlier.....and yes Mini and the other players all rejected Lovett post his alleged deeds on Xmas Eve.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
Which is why, IMO, a guilty verdict is not necessary to justify St Kilda's decision to cut him loose.

In saying that I'm not commenting on whether it was legally right, but it was the only viable option.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
I must have missed the part where I said that any player said it earlier.....and yes Mini and the other players all rejected Lovett post his alleged deeds on Xmas Eve.
You didn't, my comment was to McGusto

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Well...I think that answers a few questions.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Banger724
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:everyone knows who the girl is yea? that email went round a while ago...very interesting. i think i feel sorry for lovett at this stage. it was pretty clear ross wanted him and the players did not.
Can I say that is a pathetic thing to say. All of it not just the last bit.
Agree Plugger.

MC - this email you refer to... are you sure you're not confusing this situation with the other incident the club was involved with early this season... ?

Regardless, pathetic thing to say.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

dudes relax

all i was saying is i dont think lovett was ever made welcome at the club. i wasnt saying whether he is guilty or not.
also i was saying that the girl is an interesting one - clearly none of you know who she is
anways what ever i not making excuses for this type of behaviour especially if he is guilty.

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Banger724 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Can I say that is a pathetic thing to say. All of it not just the last bit.
Agree Plugger.

MC - this email you refer to... are you sure you're not confusing this situation with the other incident the club was involved with early this season... ?

Regardless, pathetic thing to say.
quite sure and i dont give a f*** what plugger or anyone else thinks.

#1 Ryder fan
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:

also i was saying that the girl is an interesting one - clearly none of you know who she is
If you mean about her "liking" AFL players it still is not an excuse for Lovett's actions.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:

If you mean about her "liking" AFL players it still is not an excuse for Lovett's actions.
lovetts alleged actions

i find it very interesting how this forum got right behind milney - innocent before proven guilty etc etc yet it is plain as day that lovett is guilty according to you blokes

#1 Ryder fan
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

I didnt think anyone knew who she was,

unlike the other incident, where the young girls pictures and name where public knowledge within 48 hours,
almost nothing has been said abouit this lady.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:I didnt think anyone knew who she was,

unlike the other incident, where the young girls pictures and name where public knowledge within 48 hours,
almost nothing has been said abouit this lady.
incorrect. people def no he she is. trust me.

#1 Ryder fan
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

so im assuming she is in the spot lights a bit.. I mean a 16 yr olds life was ruined a few months ago with her face and name and private life being thrown around. Everyone had seen her pictures and it all happened very quickly. This time its very hushed.
(NOT THAT I THINK THATS A BAD THING. These kinds of cases are comforting and very hard for everyone involved. Although seems a little strange compaired to what happened not to long ago)

(different agrument, and im off track. sorry for going off topic)

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintbrat wrote:statement above your post con- you must have posted at same time
states they are attending as Civilian Witnesses.
ok. yes. so its only a committal hearing. so court just wants to know basics. i.e was the accused in the vicinity of the crime at the times alleged. thats about it. once they establish basics they go to trial later in the year. committal will probably only last an hour.
no quite...the prosecution has to establish a prima facie case against lovett......
ok. well it only took a day. not 4. basic case in tact.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:

lovetts alleged actions

i find it very interesting how this forum got right behind milney - innocent before proven guilty etc etc yet it is plain as day that lovett is guilty according to you blokes
I think it will be nigh on impossible to find Lovett guilty at trial and although I'm far from an expert I'm amazed it's going to trial. Drunk girl says A, Drunk bloke says B, no one saw anything beyond aftermath allegations and counter-allegations. But what do I know. Maybe the proof standard isn't as strict as I figured.

That said, to compare Lovett to Milne/Montagna is silly. Vastly different circumstances around the issue of consent.

So who's the girl? We'll know soon enough, I guess. I've never heard so much as a rumour as to who it might be. Head in the sand I guess.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Children!

Can we all agree on this one point - that Lovett is a flog?? :idea:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:

lovetts alleged actions

well it was an action. cos lovett not disputing it happened. hes arguing it was consensual.

but yeah saints fans should beware hypocrisy cos the alleged events are not a world away from the alleged events in the millne case.

still annoys me how the media refer to him as "st kilda midfielder".

ace
Saintsational Legend

So they both had form not just Lovett.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA