Come on, defend that inept rubbish!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintnick12
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:You have to be joking ffs, we lost our first game in7 weeks and we werepoor, but what an over reaction . I suggest the op go follow the filth and you won't feel bad about Ball decision. Lyon will get plenty out of today. I am pissed we lost but it's a July home and away game. but I guess geeeeeelong must have no chance either because they lost yesterday
Agreed. I wonder if the Geelong supporters are all slitting their wrists after last night. Of course not.

Yes, is disappointing and very frustrating. A terrible day from start to finish. It was freezing cold, and I'm a sick as a dog at the moment, but went to the game, and we were never really in it. Extremely disappointing effort.

However, perspective is definately required. I think we need to remember we are half a game from top, not half a game from the bottom.
We have lots of improvement to come. Nick and Gram can only improve for a start. I agree with other posters that everything went right for the pies today and everything went against us today....it was just one of those days. Rather now than in September if it has to be. Rather neither.

I've just done my tax return and I'll certainly be putting aside my return for finals tickets this year. I guess there are quite a few here who won't bother. Some have obviously written the season off. Hopefully they won't be the same ones whinging when they don't get a ticket to the GF.

Make no mistake, we are in this season up to our necks. As with our wins, we review, learn and move on to the next challenge, which is beating the hawks on Friday night.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:Helloooo nervous nellies

What did we hear this week? Oh yeah... reduced training load... boys pulled up sore...

If you really think our A-listers have been playing that badly all season... you're the one in need of a change of glasses.

I'm not saying that's the reason - or at least the only one - but one home-and-away game doesn't make a season.

Talk about brittle... grow up kiddies.
No no please don't use logic, it doesn't belong in this thread, it just means you are accepting mediocrity....

bozza1980
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Ouch - I'll eat humble pie when we actually achieve something....until then......I will continue to vent at wasted opportunites and failure to capitalise....

Not sure I really care about the personal jibes, my comment has been on the effort....if that has offended (the critisism), so be it... I couldnt give a F***

I call it how I see it.....

atm we are not good enough (too many weaknesses) to win...yet again..

me for am PISSED off...
So you call at you see it, we aren't afforded the same luxury??

As we live in the country we do every person has the right to their opinion regardless of it's irrationality, just as everyone else has the right to disagree with it.

We are now 9-2 against top 4 opposition over the last two seasons, yet this weeks loss is more important than all that other exposed form?

We won 7 straight before this week, yet this loss erases the 7 wins?

Milne has been a key reason why we have won our two prior starts against top 4 opposition, but his performance today erases the other performances?

So Collingwood won today but have lost their last 4 against us and 5 against the cats, yet they are somehow contenders and we aren't.

By all means be pissed off with the lame performance today but how about you leave the richmond style throwing the baby out with the bathwater for a more valid time??

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
markp
Saintsational Legend

We lost a game of footy... I wont stop screaming and crying until someone makes it all better.

I've just thrown all the toys out of my cot and wet my pants too...

All is lost.

kalsaint
Club Player

Badlands wrote:Absolutely no need for panic stations.
Write that one off as a dirty day at the office.
Maybe 2 or 3 changes required but give the boys the chance to atone next week and prove today was an aberration.

I'm still confident if we meet pies in week 1 of the finals. A win meant more to them today - and they certainly offered up a lot more intensity than us. But we couldn't take a trick. Just a messy day at the office. But she'll be right.
In general I agree with "a bad day at t office" comment but I dont agree with she'll be alright.

We dont have the mental tougness of last year. Other teams are now often out tackling us. We have good pack and hand skills to enable us to clear defence well but have atrocious kicking skills at times.
We have a poorer last 6 in th team than other top four teams so we need to be swtiched on "above the shoulders" more to win. This is why we win close ones.
We have some players needing games to gain form. We have had more passengers in several games this year meaning some games and this has contributed to the lower percentage than other top 4 sides.
We have a lack of speed or dont use players who do have the speed to create forward opportunities.

Lastly I think we have a basic team selection issue and need to play an extra midfielder for rotations at the expense of poor performing fringe players.
We are not providing the scoring opportunities like last year and have a tendency to forget that while defending is essential, if an opposition team is around 50 points at half time our game plan has to change or we will lose, particularly against the better sides.
We have beome predictable in defence and have too many players who kick with one foot only that limits their direction when pressure is applied. These guys have coughed up twice as many goals as last season that we cant afford.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote: We dont have the mental tougness of last year.
How can you say that?

Reemeber the first Collingwood game?
The Bulldogs game?
The West Coast game?
The Freo game in Perth?
The Geelong game?

These efforts were the height of courage, not least given what's happened off-field this year.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
GoTheTorp
Club Player

We lost one game because we played like sheilas, the boys will bounce back tougher than that..

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

kalsaint wrote:Other teams are now often out tackling us
One of the striking things about the win against Geelong was how we outpossessed them and out-tackled them.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
degruch
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Not sure I really care about the personal jibes, my comment has been on the effort....if that has offended (the critisism), so be it... I couldnt give a F***

I call it how I see it.....
Yeah, amazing how little respect a poster gets when they vanish for 7 weeks, only to return to pot the teams effort when we lose one. Gotta love the 'kick it down the guts' crowd. :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I refuse to read all this thread. No need to defend and this is coming from a person who wasnt at the game. We obviously got beaten by a better side on the day and any moron who thinks the pies are no good either better apologise or agree we are no good. Big deal we lost, we played poorly but it isnt like last year. there isnt 2 outstanding sides. We played poorly but we had won 7 in a row. That is the most in a row by any side this year. We were due to lose. We can still win it.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

BigM - no reply from you to St Trav's post on page 2 ?

So you're allowed to 'call it as you see it' but others are not, yes ?
We should only remember today - forget the 7 wins in a row..........

You are sentenced to 40 days in the Toys and Pram Board :shock:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Sat 17 Jul 2010 9:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stand your ground :shock:
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

It's as simple as this............................

A bad day at the office.

A complete abberation, put a line through it, and move on.

Enough said

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I refuse to read all this thread. No need to defend and this is coming from a person who wasnt at the game. We obviously got beaten by a better side on the day and any moron who thinks the pies are no good either better apologise or agree we are no good. Big deal we lost, we played poorly but it isnt like last year. there isnt 2 outstanding sides. We played poorly but we had won 7 in a row. That is the most in a row by any side this year. We were due to lose. We can still win it.
Disagree, good sides can be beaten by ordinary sides in H&A games, happens regularly. The Pies were very lucky with the bounce of the ball today, it happens, they kicked so many mongrel punts that found there way into teammates hands....

Also think there are only two outstanding sides, waiting for the finals to start, the rest are striving to join them.

Still think only two teams can win the GF.

Buckets
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Even funnier than my melt down was the flogging copped today......and satisfied supporters making some excellent excuses and even finding 'positives' out of a humiliating effort...

did we 'bank 4 points' today
What an absolute joke of a supporter.

Yeah be angry and disappointed. I reckon the club the coaching staff and all supporters will be disappointed as all buggery. But to call us pretenders??? Gee one loss to an opponent in the top 4 and you come on here wanting heads! And claiming that the sky is bloody falling. Hell might as well not watch another game :roll:
Take the obsession with BJ in the forward line and realise that with Dal gone and Lenny having an absolute dog of a day, BJ was needed in the midfield!
Yeah be critical of Kosi, he isnt anywhere near last year, maybe he does need a bit of time with Sandy. Milne???? WTF are you on? How many shots did Schnieder miss in that 2nd half??? What about Mini? Dempster?
Yeah Pattison tries his heart out but both he and Gards were shown up by Jolly and Brown of all people!
Yes very disappointing, but in the sceme of things there is still along way to go. The Flag is never won in July!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
GoTheTorp
Club Player

Doesnt matter wether you were at the game ot not, we got flogged by a better team on the day. Time now to shut down all the negatives and concentrate on the dawks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I refuse to read all this thread. No need to defend and this is coming from a person who wasnt at the game. We obviously got beaten by a better side on the day and any moron who thinks the pies are no good either better apologise or agree we are no good. Big deal we lost, we played poorly but it isnt like last year. there isnt 2 outstanding sides. We played poorly but we had won 7 in a row. That is the most in a row by any side this year. We were due to lose. We can still win it.
Disagree, good sides can be beaten by ordinary sides in H&A games, happens regularly. The Pies were very lucky with the bounce of the ball today, it happens, they kicked so many mongrel punts that found there way into teammates hands....

Also think there are only two outstanding sides, waiting for the finals to start, the rest are striving to join them.

Yes ordinary sides can beat good sides but ordinary sides arent on top of the ladder after 16 weeks. They are a very good side and have been all year. it isnt a fluke no matter what spin you want to put on it or no matter how much you hate the pies.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:

Yes ordinary sides can beat good sides but ordinary sides arent on top of the ladder after 16 weeks. They are a very good side and have been all year. it isnt a fluke no matter what spin you want to put on it or no matter how much you hate the pies.
Anyone that doesnt think the pies are a top team are living in Disneyland

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote: me for am PISSED off...
This makes more sense than anything you have written in this thread.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Meh, it's about September this year....

I saw the estatic Collingwood fans, but I think we more than anyone, know that top spot in July isn't everything.

For the greater good, we need to get games into our best 22, underdone or otherwise.

I can put up with anything, anything, if we play our best footy in September.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

WinnersOnly wrote:
SAINTS no wheer near the required intensity a few players need time with Springvale.

Springvale. :?

35...LEGEND
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Keep them coming....

BTW - players need to be singled out.....

Jack Riewoldt and Luke Ball would have been handy :roll:

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

We'll beat them in the finals.

For me, the Carlton loss was worse.

Gotta say though, the bookends look very shakey...Dawson and Kosi...compared to last year are a pale, weakm, uncertain version this year.

Nee!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

BigMart I like your posts. I think that in the main they are quite insightful I like the fact that you can call the the things out that you dont like about our team. But you seem to only want to go into any depth when we lose. You see it as an opportunity to call out other posters and our team.

Snide quotes like "did we bank 4 points" just make readers take your posts as smartass comments. You can add a lot to the conversations on here without trying to goad (sp?) other posters. Personally I'd like to see you stick to the analysis of the team after both wins and losses - and that's for pure selfish reasons on my part. I don't pretend to know much about this game and that is why I like reading thoughtful posts from posters like yourself and others.

Keep posting ! :)

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Yesterday aint no biggy as long as they rebound soon which i think is a given they will. Boys were flat after the Gabba it happens then we move on.

I am looking forward to us playing the Dawks next week, they are up and about and we have something to prove after our effort yesterday. Yesterday i have swept under the carpet as just one of those days and will be watching keenly as the events over the next week unfold.

Filth will be full of themselfs and hopefully will implode with a huge dose of the chokes over the next few weeks and into the finals. They have the next 6 games at the G, amazing how the draw always works against them :roll:

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wears a BigSkirt

A typical hysterical rant that you can expect everytime St Kilda has a bad loss.

Toughen up mate