Sandringham Vs Box Hill--Sun 18th- Scores/reports

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Honest question Spinner..did any of the fringe Saints players demand a spot with the Saints next week? Or is it going to be more finding replacements because Saints players maybe out of form?

Sandy have been dead unlucky with weather conditions the last 3-4 weeks its fair to be said...its rare in Melbourne winters theses days to get conditions like that week after week.

McEvoy and Armitage until he got injured.

Clearly both are the most vocal, and have the most advanced physicality to go straight into the senior team and have an impact.

Both should have been in there already in my opinion anyways.

The rest are developing - and at this stage any senior time is more beneficial to the players development rather than to the team at this stage.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
saint66au wrote:Honest question Spinner..did any of the fringe Saints players demand a spot with the Saints next week? Or is it going to be more finding replacements because Saints players maybe out of form?

Sandy have been dead unlucky with weather conditions the last 3-4 weeks its fair to be said...its rare in Melbourne winters theses days to get conditions like that week after week.

Clearly both are the most vocal, and have the most advanced physicality to go straight into the senior team and have an impact.

The rest are developing - and at this stage any senior time is more beneficial to the players development rather than to the team at this stage.
Cheers for that,,.,one other question...you seem to see a lot of Sandy and obviously then their opponents

Sandy's dissapointing run this year (after a good start), do you reckon its been mainly Sandy's very young playing group, or the Saints fringe players being perhaps not at the same level as their counterparts at other VFL clubs?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:Sandringham 3.3 3.4 4.11 6.14 (50)
Box Hill Hawks 0.5 4.10 5.12 9.15 (69)

GOALS:
Sandringham: Sautner 2 Cahill Tregear Gallagher Johnson
Box Hill Hawks: Moss Lisle Shiels Pedersen Ladson Breust Tuck Curnow Gibson

BEST:
Sandringham: Simpkin Gallagher Armitage Lynch Howard Hardiman
Box Hill Hawks: Moss Milne Suckling Ladson Andrews Kayler-Thomson

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Sandringham: NIL
Box Hill Hawks: Nil
Thanks Stinger. Why is Milney playing for Box Hill :wink:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:How about promoting Simpkin and bringing him in for Dempster? Give one of the young blokes a run.
Because they are not up to it and Simpkin is a rookie, as is Walsh and they are not going to play this year. We are trying to win a premiership, not rebuild.

From what I saw today only McEvoy will be back next week. Can't understand why he was not playing seniors.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
borderbarry wrote:How about promoting Simpkin and bringing him in for Dempster? Give one of the young blokes a run.
Because they are not up to it and Simpkin is a rookie, as is Walsh and they are not going to play this year. We are trying to win a premiership, not rebuild.

From what I saw today only McEvoy will be back next week. Can't understand why he was not playing seniors.
Me neither, I can only think it was to see what Pattison is made of and give McEvoy more game time in the ressies...

I really thought he had been rested...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Cheers for that,,.,one other question...you seem to see a lot of Sandy and obviously then their opponents

Sandy's dissapointing run this year (after a good start), do you reckon its been mainly Sandy's very young playing group, or the Saints fringe players being perhaps not at the same level as their counterparts at other VFL clubs?
Couldn't possibly say.

Have no idea of the competition and how they are going. Only seen about four games and spend most of that time following the saints players.

Im starting to like following sandi thou...growing on me.

p66 might be a better person to ask - I get the impression he actually follows the club.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
I think they need to think about rebuilding, or ,at the very least, think about
getting involved in trade week, especially if we have an inept finals series....

September is going to be very interesting.... :shock:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
getting involved in trade week, especially if we have an inept finals series....

We got involved in trade week last year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

They may have to but it isnt October yet. This year has nothing to do with the future of the club.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Listening to Andy Lovell on radio pre game he was saying how young the squad is, and that there was a 28 ( I could be corrected) player change

did you watch reserves game Spinner- was Miles out there?
Ali Smith seemed to have a quiet day to-

good to see a number of the Saints players out supporting the Team.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

We got involved in trade week last year.
unsuccessfully as it panned out

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
hellorocky
Club Player

can anyone who watched the game comment on how Archer went? please

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Me neither, I can only think it was to see what Pattison is made of and give McEvoy more game time in the ressies...
they probably want to give mcevoy a run somewhere where he might get hands on the ball, considering he gets about five hitouts and seven touches a game at afl level.

also, at some point before the end of the season they need to make a call on pattison, and if they haven't seen him in the ones then they probably don't have enough information to go on. give him a couple of runs when it doesn't matter that much and then make the call.

Saint4Eva
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
maverick wrote:Me neither, I can only think it was to see what Pattison is made of and give McEvoy more game time in the ressies...
they probably want to give mcevoy a run somewhere where he might get hands on the ball, considering he gets about five hitouts and seven touches a game at afl level.

also, at some point before the end of the season they need to make a call on pattison, and if they haven't seen him in the ones then they probably don't have enough information to go on. give him a couple of runs when it doesn't matter that much and then make the call.
I think Pattison is showing a bit. he's only one year older than Mac isnt he??

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Sandringham report
http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info. ... onID=56266

3 years between Ben and Adam- and 45 games- 2 years experience-

VFL report
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page ... onID=60264

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Simpkin seems to be in the best almost every week, can someone tell me what sort of player he is and whether it is totally inconceivable that he could get promoted to the senior list?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Saint4Eva wrote:

I think Pattison is showing a bit. he's only one year older than Mac isnt he??
Over three years difference.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Simpkin seems to be in the best almost every week, can someone tell me what sort of player he is and whether it is totally inconceivable that he could get promoted to the senior list?
Tough defender with good timing. Reminds me of Max with better attacking qualities but not quite as good at spoiling.