Pattison and McEvoy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Dont have a clue what you are on about. At least it proves you are a consistant poster. Dont understand the daniel Kerr comment. Also is sticking up for 2 ex Saints rubbing up posters the wrong way. Like I said I dont understand what you are on about.
Yep, not a clue...

I thought so...

FFS sticking up for 2 ex saints that had no heart and yet have a swipe of a current player....

Yes not a clue at all IMO
Had a swipe. When? You are consistent. You constantly have no idea. Now go handcuff yourself to a bed and get a good whipping.
here is a little clue...

your'e recidivist poster when it comes to knocking another posters comments...

Someone mentions about Patto and you claim that you are supporting ex saints players in Knobel and Ackland...

FFS support our current player that has a bigger heart than both of them and stop just wanting to disagree for the sake of it, it has become so tiresome, and I feel most here know you just love to disagree :roll:

Patto selection was a good one IMO and it has cost the Club little, and may I suggest far less than Knobel and Ackland....

:roll:

You claim that I have no idea and insult me by saying ...
You constantly have no idea. Now go handcuff yourself to a bed and get a good whipping
Here is another clue...

Stop with the abuse...

I don't agree with you sentiments about Ackland and Knobel, both of had no heart and no go, and I also find it strange that you continue to support them instead of our current player in Patto...

Go on and support those players that have moved on, but I will continue to support our list and I really don't care if you disagree with them but I don't appreciate the personal stuff :roll:
I made a comment that I disagreed that Pattison is better than Knobel and Ackland. I am allowed that opinion. That is knocking Pattison. You then claim that is knocking Pattison. I dont see how. Not once did I have a go at him. You are obviously such an emotional person when it comes to the Saints that you dont read posts properly. If someone on here said Kosi was better than Loewe people could challenge that. Does that mean you dont support current Saints. No it means you thought previous players were better. Time for the cuffs to come off i think.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Knobel and Ackland had a great midfield at the Saints, being exposed at other teams or struggling with injury hurt their careers. I don't like them the same as I don't like Luke Ball. They all went for money over success.

shmic_s
Club Player

I like McEvoy, and he is showing some fantastic signs with his work around the ground. Once he gets a bit more bulk and experience, he will be more than capable of carrying the number 1 ruck role.

I don't think that Pattison is currently better than Knobel or Ackland.
He has the potential to improve though and could become a good 2nd ruck/forward, and in time become a better player.
Does anyone think Knobel or Ackland would have shown more heart under a coach like Ross?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I would suggest you have that short memory you talk of. They were certainly no world beaters but Pattison isnt either. Ackland was good at the Saints and Knobel servicable. Pattison will probably play 4 games for the year.
plugger66 wrote:You constantly have no idea. Now go handcuff yourself to a bed and get a good whipping.
Yep great call.

Hint...

follow and support those two ass holes that chose to leave our Club :idea: :roll:

Patto is a Saints player and has shown enough to remain tin the side....

Flower you all for bad mouthing him even before he played for us...

To me it's just a disgrace and just the same if anyone bad mouthed Tommy Walsh...

Give the kid a go FFS

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I would suggest you have that short memory you talk of. They were certainly no world beaters but Pattison isnt either. Ackland was good at the Saints and Knobel servicable. Pattison will probably play 4 games for the year.
plugger66 wrote:You constantly have no idea. Now go handcuff yourself to a bed and get a good whipping.
Yep great call.

Hint...

follow and support those two ass holes that chose to leave our Club :idea: :roll:

Patto is a Saints player and has shown enough to remain tin the side....

Flower you all for bad mouthing him even before he played for us...

To me it's just a disgrace and just the same if anyone bad mouthed Tommy Walsh...

Give the kid a go FFS
You honestly have no idea about footy. maybe handcuffing and other such delights but if you want to talk about footy please go to another site where they have little idea. maybe the Pies site for you. How did I even slightly bad mouth Pattison. By saying he is no world beater. Big deal. He isnt. Doesnt make him poor either. One word for you. Embarrassing.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:Is King now gone?
I would think so.
kingy version 2010 was only ever going to be a back up. great warhorse. glad we recruited him. good career. and come in in sept if we need him.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Patto's second efforts last week against Brisbane would have made RL very happy, and if players don't have good second efforts, they wont keep their place in the team.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Patto's second efforts last week against Brisbane would have made RL very happy, and if players don't have good second efforts, they wont keep their place in the team.

good call.... :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

cannot believe the decision to drop big mac?! surely something is missing? or i am not watching the same game.

thought he played his best game for us against brisbane - his second half was awesome. he has a great set of hands.

patto on the other hand just looks clumsy and out of his depth.

weird

#1 Ryder fan
ace
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:cannot believe the decision to drop big mac?! surely something is missing? or i am not watching the same game.

thought he played his best game for us against brisbane - his second half was awesome. he has a great set of hands.

patto on the other hand just looks clumsy and out of his depth.

weird
Coaches prefer to have mobile ruckmen who can ruck, mark and tackle.
But sometimes they have to accept a lumbering ruckman who can only ruck and take marks around the ground.

At the moment McEvoy is a lumbering ruckman who can take marks around the ground but can't ruck.
Until his rucking improves or somehow stops lumbering his place remains at Sandringham.

Pattsion on the other hand is not mobile but is less lumbering than McEvoy.
He can also take marks, ruck a bit but is able to lay tackles creating forward pressure.

I think you will find that Gardiner will be first ruck.
Koschitzke and Pattsion will share second ruck and centre half forward and be relieved at centre half forward by Gardiner going forward on occassions rather than to the bench.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ackland fished 8th in the 2005 B&F....everyone was singing his praises...a bargain for pick 28 in the ND....he was poor in 2006 and everyone jumped off.....'hackland'

IMO playing his best footy Ackland was easily a better player, but at his worse was weak.......Rix, Knobel and Patto can never be much good, but will have a crack.

Capuano and Brooks were mentally scarred and lacked te required mental strength to return from injury...both lazy also.

IMO Justin Koschitzke should be the #2 Ruckman.....

Goddard, Riewoldt, Kosi, Gardiner - should all rotate through the key posts and
Milne, Mini, Schnieder, Montagna - through the small posts....

bozza1980
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Ackland fished 8th in the 2005 B&F....everyone was singing his praises...a bargain for pick 28 in the ND....he was poor in 2006 and everyone jumped off.....'hackland'
True, I remember when we traded for him being quite excited thoughts I felt were backed up by his first season. He just seemed to be a bloke that was always happy just to get by and when he felt comfortable his performances worsened.
BigMart wrote:IMO playing his best footy Ackland was easily a better player, but at his worse was weak.......Rix, Knobel and Patto can never be much good, but will have a crack.
Again you might be right, I think Ross is the type who'd prefer to know the performance he will get rather than risk getting worse for the possibility of getting better if that makes sense.

At the end of the day I don't think anyone here honestly thinks Pattison is going to challenge for All-Australian honours but I think he might have a good honest career in our colours.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

OK....here is how I see things at present.

The Saints current priority is getting our best finals team together.

As part of this:

*Roo and Gram are playing in the seniors to run into match form and fitness.

*Zac is being perservered with to trya nd run him back into his 2009 form. Last week was promising. If not then Lyon already knows that he hasa pretty handy back 6 anyway with Gilbert, Fisher, Blake, Gwilt..as the tallish options.

ON RUCKS:

* Gardi is in handy form. Not up with Sandi, Jamar or Ottens..but is better on average thaqn last year. Is our No 1 ruck.

For Number 2:

* King may well end up doing what he did with his first flag. Being recalled late. With King Lyon knows what he can get from him..which is solid ruckwork, great bodywork, good team things.....but is a bit ofa lumberer around the ground.

As Lyon knows what he can get from King if recalled he has been free to play Ben for an extended time.

Lyon now knows what he can get from Ben.

That leaves Patto to now get a run of games to be tried out for Saints Footy under Lyon. Noticeable that Patto gained 5 tackles per game in his last two matches.

Patto is also arguably competing with Kosi if Koso continues to havea so so year....and so the next 4 or so games that Kosi plays are very important to his immediate future.

Stanley is also in calculation and in particualr if Kosi games is considered wanting...but Lyon will want hard bodies in the finals and he no doubt sees the Cat's as our most likely major hurdle and they are all very "built".

Kosi needs to land a few more marks per game as his second efforts are poor....but he does provide opportunities fopr smalls.

So with Patto his second efforts and tackling will I am sure be part of what Lyon is looking at as Lyon is very TEAM oriented.

So Patto gets his chance to strut his stuff and show to Lyon what he can achieve from Lyon's brief to him.

After this Lyon will know where each tall stands...and then when finals comes will make his call.

Opponents may affect this too....ie Kings first game against Freo was good as King restricted Sandilands influence.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

no...i think all it means is that kossi won't play.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

On SEN Finey asked Terry Wallace what Ross Lyon saw in Patto that he and nearly all saints fans had not seen. Wallace's answer was good. He said that Patto had an absolutely fierce and comparative nature that would not be overawed.

He seemed to present well the other night against the Lions. I have never been against us getting Patto and think he has a long future with us.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

McEvoys biggest crime against the Lions, was that he had ZERO hit-outs.....not good enough, and he gets mauled through lack of strength in contests.....he is an 'almost' man...he gets his hand to plenty of grabs and does not quite hold enough....when he builds 'man' strength he will be much better.... he plays alrigh in general play, but is a smart lumberer without a fierce desire to impact on the contest - this will come in time.....still finding his feet...will eventually be a #1 Ruckman

Patto has a real go, is a scrappa, very untidy and has not a great deal of skill...will always be a #3 or #4 Ruckman

ATM they are both about as good as one another - in different ways.....which also atmisn't that great.

Stanley will be a Jet....a fwd Ruckman....better than Natanui IMO

Kosi is a Fwd/Ruck

Hopefully a time comes when we have
McEvoy - Ruck/Fwd
Stanley - Fwd/Ruck
Kosi - Fwd/Ruck
Riewoldt - Fwd

Perhaps 2012

Riewoldt

starsign
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:OK....here is how I see things at present.

The Saints current priority is getting our best finals team together.

As part of this:

*Roo and Gram are playing in the seniors to run into match form and fitness.

*Zac is being perservered with to trya nd run him back into his 2009 form. Last week was promising. If not then Lyon already knows that he hasa pretty handy back 6 anyway with Gilbert, Fisher, Blake, Gwilt..as the tallish options.

ON RUCKS:

* Gardi is in handy form. Not up with Sandi, Jamar or Ottens..but is better on average thaqn last year. Is our No 1 ruck.

For Number 2:

* King may well end up doing what he did with his first flag. Being recalled late. With King Lyon knows what he can get from him..which is solid ruckwork, great bodywork, good team things.....but is a bit ofa lumberer around the ground.

As Lyon knows what he can get from King if recalled he has been free to play Ben for an extended time.

Lyon now knows what he can get from Ben.

That leaves Patto to now get a run of games to be tried out for Saints Footy under Lyon. Noticeable that Patto gained 5 tackles per game in his last two matches.

Patto is also arguably competing with Kosi if Koso continues to havea so so year....and so the next 4 or so games that Kosi plays are very important to his immediate future.

Stanley is also in calculation and in particualr if Kosi games is considered wanting...but Lyon will want hard bodies in the finals and he no doubt sees the Cat's as our most likely major hurdle and they are all very "built".

Kosi needs to land a few more marks per game as his second efforts are poor....but he does provide opportunities fopr smalls.

So with Patto his second efforts and tackling will I am sure be part of what Lyon is looking at as Lyon is very TEAM oriented.

So Patto gets his chance to strut his stuff and show to Lyon what he can achieve from Lyon's brief to him.

After this Lyon will know where each tall stands...and then when finals comes will make his call.

Opponents may affect this too....ie Kings first game against Freo was good as King restricted Sandilands influence.
good call SR
I think RL liked what he saw from Patto last week (i certainly did) and in particular he ticked quite a few Saintsfooty boxes...
He has continued to impress and become an additional pawn in our astute coaches armoury

The more you look it at,
it's all about his finding the right 22 who are committed and capable of the job he gives them to do on or during the day to bank another 4 points

RL has found another in Patto to add to his list of somewhat unsung heros who do their job each week and often unobtusively contribute to our continued success

I am continually impressed with the the job he is doing and getting everyone focused on the big prize

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

BigMart wrote:McEvoys biggest crime against the Lions, was that he had ZERO hit-outs.....not good enough,
My stats show McEvoy had four hitouts
Pattison had ZERO

Seeya
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
BigMart wrote:McEvoys biggest crime against the Lions, was that he had ZERO hit-outs.....not good enough,
My stats show McEvoy had four hitouts
Pattison had ZERO
Please dont quote facts to bigmart. he doesnt like them.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I know its off subject with the two current rucks in the OP

I just watched a labrador vs southport game in the QAFL

I did not know that both P Everitt and T Knoble are running round for the Labrador Tigers.

Seeya
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:I know its off subject with the two current rucks in the OP

I just watched a labrador vs southport game in the QAFL

I did not know that both P Everitt and T Knoble are running round for the Labrador Tigers.
so what affect did they have there>? if any :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:On SEN Finey asked Terry Wallace what Ross Lyon saw in Patto that he and nearly all saints fans had not seen. Wallace's answer was good. He said that Patto had an absolutely fierce and comparative nature that would not be overawed.

He seemed to present well the other night against the Lions. I have never been against us getting Patto and think he has a long future with us.

What i loved about Patto on Saturday was his ability to crash packs and take opposition players out by throwing his body in.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

That's one of the main things you want your ruck men to do, throw their weight around and be a strong physical presence.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
spert wrote:Patto's second efforts last week against Brisbane would have made RL very happy, and if players don't have good second efforts, they wont keep their place in the team.

good call.... :lol:
Anyone know how Kosi get's a game? His first efforts are ordinary and second efforts.... well he must lose count.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
What i loved about Patto on Saturday was his ability to crash packs and take opposition players out by throwing his body in.
which may be the reason he was left in and Ben was not,
the pies have shown (rd 3) they will come out and crash and bash- Patto's solider build and experience ( 85 games) may be the deciding factor-
Ben has skill and dexterity but he still needs to build up and is only 21

Pies still only have one ruckman? Jolly so Gardi + parttimers may be seen to be enough..

Dempster is also coming back from persistant injuries- calf/ leg so would maybe not as effective in a 'Rough' game

One thing the Saints have shown this year is that they are not afraid of the solid work, but maybe are setting the team up for games which may include such tactics.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107