Lyon doesn't have to apologise for anything

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

I really get sick of your inability to speak the truth.
Oh here we go again.

Through facts at RF and he trots out his "liar" card. I have proven you to bea liar many times on this forum and you are only trotting it now again to bait. You are one sick dude.
??

Can you show me where I said we're a dismal team? Or even suggested it?

If you can, I'll apologise for for questioning your ability to speak the truth.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
The other discards he recruited were woeful when it mattered too. That's the catch with high risk recruiting.
I see this nonsense has been peddled out again.

Woeful??? Geelong must have won the GF by a 100 points did they? :roll:

The Saints had one of the best H&A Seasons in the history of the game and in the GF dominated the game for most of it and barely lost by a small margin. A margin that should not have been there with Hawkins being awarded a goal fora point at vital stage of the game.

The Cats in 2009 were widely hailed as one of the best AFL teams in the history of the game...and yet this nonsense is put up that we had so many woeful players in GF.

What utter rubbish. Talk to neutral fans and they will tell you what a hard fought contest it was with amazing pressure.

Our discards were all part of this effort..all part of the TEAM effort.
If we had so many woeful players the Cat's would have pummeled us like they do to woeful teams.

All of our discards in that team were picked up cheaply and were meant to be support players and not stars. Recruited to improve depth and structure.

Our "discards" will again play a vital role in 2010...
Milne (whom apparently Lyon kept) and Gardiner have always suspect in big games.

Nothing changed.

King's always been injury prone. Nothing changed as he carried an injury into the GF.

Schneider's always been suss under pressure and had a questionable attitude (hence Roos gladly letting him go cheaply). Nothing changed in the GF.

Dempster has always been an average footballer. Nothing changed.

So guys that were recruited and kept on the list that had question marks over their heads, fell short in the precise areas they were suspect.

Dawson's ability against good forwards has been questioned. Nothing changed in the GF. On a day when Roo couldn't get near it - Dawson's man was very influencial.

They were all gambled on - and it didn't pay off.

The only difference between the GF and the rest of the year was that Lenny and Roo's brilliance meant that these question mark's were never really raised.
When they were raised once Roo was beaten and Lenny went quite in the GF, the answers were the same as they always were.
Bored?