emma quayle says saints will be going downhill in 2 years,.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saintersss
Club Player

saintly wrote:
Saintersss wrote:People have to realise that sure we have some good young players coming through, but teams who take all their picks and do not trade them are in a much better position than us and of course teams who finish lower have better picks and are more likely to pick up better players.

Have a look at Adelaide's, Collingwood's, Essendon's and Carlton's list etc. and tell me we have better young players then them.

But I don't think it matters too much that we are trading our picks away because OUR time is now, so we may as well go all out. If it means we'll be near the bottom in a couple years time so be it as long as we can win premiership during our time.

Now sure there is a rare chance that our low picks will be gems and maybe we could stay up the ladder, but the chances are low.
the issue may be what happens if thewe don't win the priemership within the next 3 years. ?

what then?

the saints then just may implode, go down hill fast, without gaining the perimeriship we all desire.
Well Ross Lyon and staff believe we can and are putting everything in too make sure we will win, thats why they aren't using picks on kids and rather ready made players. And I fully support what they are doing. I'm not saying what they are doing is wrong as I would do the same thing if I was in their position, I'm just saying like Emma Qualye said, that we will struggle in a few years time.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Took a lot of kids LAST year.

Will probably take a few more kids NEXT year.

I gotta admit, recycling players makes me nervous. I cant help think that having some kids pushing for a spot is the way to go.

I honestly dont think that you have to bottom out either.

2010, as we all know is a 100% tilt at the flag.

Some other teams will improve, some will fall. I think we still have a lot of room for improvement.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

RL stated today that the saints would take 3 kids in the rookie draft.

That is 5 Emma..not two.

So our recruiting guys expertise is being exploited....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
gurubob101
Club Player

Two years ago we were struggling and everyone was saying our premiership window had closed, we've just had a rebuild. And we'll have to rebuild again like every other side but our time is now! IMHO this is the best list we've assembled since the glory years circa 66. We have the administration in place, the coaches, the game plan, the team discipline, the gun players and the depth. This is a totally different football club to the loony tunes operations of the past that we're used to watching self destruct on and off the field. It takes a bit of getting used to but we've become a successful club. But we need a flag to prove it to ourselves and everyone else... now!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Saintersss wrote:Also Wilson (another WA boy who was AA) I believe was too young to be drafted.

Plus Hooper, Panos(SA) and McNeil(NSW) all didn't get drafted and were AA so AA doesn't mean that much and defiently doesn't mean you'll get drafted let alone be drafted in the top 25.

Plus if you look at her players only 3 were drafted outside the top 25 range including Vardy (rated the best ruck in the draft), Taylor (an exictment machine and maybe not top 25 quality, but she is always known to throw up a smoky like Sibisado last year) and Reid.

So I don't know how you can question her creditability. I think you just need to take off your rose-coloured glasses, she is very correct in what she is saying. I mean when other teams are taking at least 2 picks in the top 30 we did not have one, which means of course they are more likely to pick up more quality. I really don't know how you can't see it.
ok. you win. but my glass aint rose tinted. they are brown tinted. if u read what i said i said she was right about the saints. only lots of luck will save us after 2012. but id hate to be coach in 2013.....

and i still reckon melb media/draft picks are parochial. where are my rose tints? my theory stands firm. u have called me on some nickpicking issues....

but the 2 sams, roo, stanley, heyne and lenny will me do anyday over luke ball, kosi, barry brooks, mcqualter and the rest of the TAC heros.

im just saints have found better value on average weighting interstate.
nicholas winmar fits my theory. lets see how he goes.