OFFICIAL: Luke Ball gone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Do you think we will get a fair dinkum reason from our Coach why Luke has left us?
By saying nothing at least he's not lying is he?
Can you say the same for those who were apparently speaking on behalf of Luke Ball over the last 3 weeks?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Do you think we will get a fair dinkum reason from our Coach why Luke has left us?
Can you say the same for those who were apparently speaking on behalf of Luke Ball over the last 3 weeks?
I'm just looking for a fair dinkum reason..I couldn't care less about the crap spewed out around here.
I will ask the question again..do you think we will ever get a real answer from the heir achy ?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
I'm just looking for a fair dinkum reason..I couldn't care less about the crap spewed out around here.
I will ask the question again..do you think we will ever get a real answer from the heir achy ?
As much as it will kill me, I'd say no...Ross Lyon strikes me as not the type to feel he has to justify anything.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
As much as it will kill me, I'd say no...Ross Lyon strikes me as not the type to feel he has to justify anything.
Justification? Just looking for the reason. We as fans and members should be privy to the real reasons why players come and go , I know that happens at local clubs and they are very well paid players so why not us?.
I don't believe it has much to do with Ross justifying himself just looking for the truth...will we get it?

PJ
SS Life Member

Do you think we will get a fair dinkum reason from our Coach why Luke has left us?
Do you hang your jocks and wife's unmentionables on the front fence?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

What exactly are you looking for Fireman? Unless Luke himself chooses to address the issue directly himself, I'm not sure the club will air their dirty linen in public as PJ has suggested.

Do blues supporters know the real reason why the blues got rid of him? I have heard that Brownlow night was just the tip of the iceberg, and the straw that broke the camels back. However I'm pretty sure that Kernahan isn't going to hold a presser outlining each transgression.

If the club were to come out publicly what do you think that would achieve? - other than to upset the ball camp and cause a public Sh!t fight.

Milton66
SS Life Member

what he said. we don't need another GT v Butterss saga dragging on.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

On Lyon vs Ball...

Virtually every player in 2009 improved. Ball was one of the very few who did not.

I will go with Lyon over one disgruntled player that wants to demand an "automatic" place in the 22 despte lack of performance.

If Ball is "pissed" off with Lyon's demands and expectations ....who cares?

Ball in 2009 has met increased competition for his place.....and had been found wanting. Let him seek an easier test elsewhere. At St Kilda the bar has been raised and not all can clear it. Ball is one who can no longer make the grade. And that bar is not just on individual perofrmance, but on ability to contribute to the team.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:What exactly are you looking for Fireman? Unless Luke himself chooses to address the issue directly himself, I'm not sure the club will air their dirty linen in public as PJ has suggested.

Do blues supporters know the real reason why the blues got rid of him? I have heard that Brownlow night was just the tip of the iceberg, and the straw that broke the camels back. However I'm pretty sure that Kernahan isn't going to hold a presser outlining each transgression.

If the club were to come out publicly what do you think that would achieve? - other than to upset the ball camp and cause a public Sh!t fight.
Wouldn't you like to know?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Moods wrote:What exactly are you looking for Fireman? Unless Luke himself chooses to address the issue directly himself, I'm not sure the club will air their dirty linen in public as PJ has suggested.

Wouldn't you like to know?
Ball's manager/camp/family gave plenty of reasons.
Why not just pick the reason you like most?

saintly
Saintsational Legend

nope. i'd like to know .

but really to be truthful the only reason i want to know is that i am curious.

however if not all clubs are now able to keep their problems with their players out of the public eye. Saints have over the past two years have also been able to do it, why suddenly give the press something to maul and chew over!

Milton66
SS Life Member

Why stop with Ball?

The should forthwith reveal the reasons for delisting ALL players.

In particular, I demand to know what transpired between Lyon and Charlie Gardiner and Fiora, also.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
You want the TRUTH???

You cant handle the TRUTH!!!! :wink:

After all the waffle, the reasons from the Ball camp, the reasons throughout the year from the club, through allthe rubbish and hype and garbage posted here, these are the bare boned facts.

1) St.Kilda offer Luke Ball a signifiantly reduced three year deal "reported" to be around the $1 mill. This was in June of this year.

2) Coming into finals speculation starts about Balls future. Being dropped to the seconds to "improve his game". Anyone who saw Ball at the Zebras in the huddles at qtr and three qtr time could see he was very down. Absolutely no spark - very quiet, even when he spoke.

3) Denham in the Australian reports in a story Ball offered $500k a season, where did Denham get this information from.

4)Trade week - reasons are. Not for money, more game time, his family is distraught with the way the Saints have treated Luke, the position is untenable.

5) No trade. Ball on holiday. When he returns meets Lyon who is "reported" to have told him he was in the first 22 but had to improve (like all the other players)

6) Ball refuses to meet with Melbourne who have publicly stated that they will take ball in the draft ahead of Collingwood.

7) Ball walks out on Saints and nominates $500k a season as his asking price to try to get to Collingowood.

Draw your own conclusions but I have bolded the consistant part in the saga and I am drawn to one conclusion.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
You want the TRUTH???

After all the waffle, the reasons from the Ball camp, the reasons throughout the year from the club, through allthe rubbish and hype and garbage posted here, these are the bare boned facts.

1) St.Kilda offer Luke Ball a signifiantly reduced three year deal "reported" to be around the $1 mill. This was in June of this year.

2) Coming into finals speculation starts about Balls future. Being dropped to the seconds to "improve his game". Anyone who saw Ball at the Zebras in the huddles at qtr and three qtr time could see he was very down. Absolutely no spark - very quiet, even when he spoke.

3) Denham in the Australian reports in a story Ball offered $500k a season, where did Denham get this information from.

4)Trade week - reasons are. Not for money, more game time, his family is distraught with the way the Saints have treated Luke, the position is untenable.

5) No trade. Ball on holiday. When he returns meets Lyon who is "reported" to have told him he was in the first 22 but had to improve (like all the other players)

6) Ball refuses to meet with Melbourne who have publicly stated that they will take ball in the draft ahead of Collingwood.

7) Ball walks out on Saints and nominates $500k a season as his asking price to try to get to Collingowood.

Draw your own conclusions but I have bolded the consistant part in the saga and I am drawn to one conclusion.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Denham on SEN just stated that Ball had put his contract requirements in and it is extremely front ended.

...And that Brisbane had reignited their interest.

....And that (in which I fully agree) that Melbourne would be stupid not to do whats best for Melbourne and pick up Bal.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
You want the TRUTH???

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Denham on SEN just stated that Ball had put his contract requirements in and it is extremely front ended.

....And that (in which I fully agree) that Melbourne would be stupid not to do whats best for Melbourne and pick up Bal.
Like Voss is going to care if Luke doesn't return his calls, he'll just draft him anyway :wink:

starsign
Club Player

good post Joffa
There are obviously a few issues involved here but why Fireman would the club want to come out and air all of them publicly ...No-win, counter-productive for mine, They have openly said they have acted fairly & squarely'''so be it! And surely it has been a fairly obvious scenario for the past season or so

Jofferboy's on to it though ....Footy is primarily big business these days with all aspects geared towards the Holy Grail and The Almighty $ is the most crucial of all
We definitely were not getting value for our buck from No14 of late and in reality were happy to keep him but to pay him what we the club considers his current value within the overall cap to be...... Placing the 'ball" firmly at Luke's feet ...and I recon he's taken the easy $ driven and also gutless option, and one which time will ultimately judge

Thanks Luke .
now take that ball and run,
hooroo!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Spinner wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
You want the TRUTH???

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Like Voss is going to care if Luke doesn't return his calls, he'll just draft him anyway :wink:
As what Melbourne should do.... Its the draft, you dont choose.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
nope. i'd like to know .

however if not all clubs are now able to keep their problems with their players out of the public eye. Saints have over the past two years have also been able to do it, why suddenly give the press something to maul and chew over!
me too,
good post JB.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Fireman - in answer to your question. Yes. I am definitely curious and would love to know. I'd love to know the workings and reasons behind many decisons reached at the saints, and sometimes at other footy clubs. Natural curiousity coupled with love of the sport will do that to you. However I'm understanding of the position clubs are in and know that I'd be dreaming to expect the saints to discuss this publicly.

I also dispute that local clubs make it public either. It's easier to find out at local level though as most of us are closer to the action there, or know a committee member/player/coach - otherwise we wouldn't be interested in the club to start off with. I subscribe to a footy forum in the EFL and there is as many rumours etc floating around on there as there is in AFL.

bob__71
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
saintly wrote:
nope. i'd like to know .

me too,
good post JB.
What is it with this modern day vouyerism....I think its just that the people running the club listened to their mother when she told them "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all"

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
i just think it was a salary cap sqeeze. saints were only prepared to offer LB a maximum of 3 x 300. He wanted a minimum 3 x 400 .

No agreement on price and no compromise from either party. So seeya later. i dont think its that big a deal or that complicated and once we got peake and lovett in there was no negotiating room at all left .

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Ball reckons he has gas in the tank.

Lyon agrees but asks for improvement.

The value of the gas is argued about.

Ball says it was worth heaps because his reputation and standing should cover up the cracks in his form and his abysmal injury outlook .

Lyon says sorry, bud, reputations mean jack shite. I want you to work your arse off so you can give youself a chance to earn more than 50% game time and, oh, I want you to do it for less dosh because frankly you've been draining the ol' piggy bank for a while now....

Ball probably says I'm happy to work but I want extra moolah to do it.

Lyon shrugs and says well that's a pity cos we ain't got the extra pretzels, son.

Done and dusted no more to know.

Pretty much purely money-based. Perhaps Bally wants a bigger house and a coach who'll just say 'man I love how you are so brave in all those half games you play' and not challenge his glaringly obvious physical incapabilities (speedlessness, kicklessness). I'd probably tire of being told the same thing week after week too.

C'est la vie.

We now have a gun in Lovett who, frankly, I'm much more excited about than I would be to turn up to watch a lolly footed turtle get smashed about (as inspiring as that can be, of course).

I think any personality clash issues are probably overstated. Afterall there's thirty odd other listed Sainters who seem to be able to work with the big chief okay...

Lets move on, huh.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Yes maybe you should.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Lurking around for a snipe, Plugger?

Good for you!

Consider me shifted forwards, oh exalted determinator of all that is right and pure.

Oh for your hand to guide me...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Lurking around for a snipe, Plugger?

Good for you!

Consider me shifted forwards, oh exalted determinator of all that is right and pure.

Oh for your hand to guide me...
With some of sniping post about Bally you obviously need some guiding. Glad to help.