2010 PLAYER SPONSORSHIP

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GrumpyOne

Moorabbin Saints wrote:And I will randomly decide the order, the allegations last year were ridiculous.
If you are deciding the order, how can it be random?

axcellence
Club Player

I am in this year again.. although I will be cutting back on how many "shares" I take up (saving up for a house).

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

We need to make some decisions.
1. Do we keep some/all of our current sponsored players?

2. If we are changing, then who do we want?

3. How many do we want to sponsor?

4. Should we change the share price from $15 to $20?

My own views on this are:-

1. I think we should change all players.

2. I'd like to sponsor those that had no sponsor last year + any new ones we draft. (Tommy Walsh is already 'locked in' for us)

3. I'd like to aim for at least 5 (and prefer to get them from the 'development list' as we don't have to raise as much money to get the maximum number of players. 5 development players will cost us $6750 whereas a combination of 2 'core' and 3 'development' will cost us $1000 more. For the extra money I'd prefer to try adn get a 6th player sponsorship.

4. If we take only 'development' players we don't need to change the share price.

But these are just my personal thoughts on this.
We need to make a cumulative decision by Wednesday next week.

GrumpyOne

Mr Magic wrote:We need to make some decisions.
1. Do we keep some/all of our current sponsored players?

2. If we are changing, then who do we want?

3. How many do we want to sponsor?

4. Should we change the share price from $15 to $20?

My own views on this are:-

1. I think we should change all players.

2. I'd like to sponsor those that had no sponsor last year + any new ones we draft. (Tommy Walsh is already 'locked in' for us)

3. I'd like to aim for at least 5 (and prefer to get them from the 'development list' as we don't have to raise as much money to get the maximum number of players. 5 development players will cost us $6750 whereas a combination of 2 'core' and 3 'development' will cost us $1000 more. For the extra money I'd prefer to try adn get a 6th player sponsorship.

4. If we take only 'development' players we don't need to change the share price.

But these are just my personal thoughts on this.
We need to make a cumulative decision by Wednesday next week.
It does appear that the Tommy Walsh Lobby Group have forced the forum to take him. All pretentions of any sort of forum accord have been washed away down the drain like the accumulation of a number of drips.

A poll for whatever players we sponsor appear to have gone the same way. We have had an election based on who-ever can post longest and more often.

What is wrong with a poll ffs?

The combined opinion of the members of this forum has been lured down a dark alley and quietly strangled at its end. :(

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

OK..we will have a vote to keep it above board and democratic:-)

I will set up a thread....posters select 5 players they would like to sponsor, in any order, as each player will get one vote each. You may select any 5 player on the list but please keep in mind that the more "core" players we have the more expensive it will be and the share prices may reflect that

Votes close Tuesday of next week, the tally made and Mr Magic will advise the Club of our choices on the Wednesday

If we had more time we could start all sorts of polls about whether to keep existing playes or not...but time is of the essence and the 4 days will allow a good number of people to vote

THE FINAL TALLY IS FINAL AND NO CORRRESPONDANCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO

I will also put a note on the SS Facebook page so those who may not be visiting as much over the offseason get a chance to vote

If anyone has any issues with this procedure..speak now cos the thread is being started shortly

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

So what's the final decision?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:OK..we will have a vote to keep it above board and democratic:-)

I will set up a thread....posters select 5 players they would like to sponsor, in any order, as each player will get one vote each. You may select any 5 player on the list but please keep in mind that the more "core" players we have the more expensive it will be and the share prices may reflect that

Votes close Tuesday of next week, the tally made and Mr Magic will advise the Club of our choices on the Wednesday

If we had more time we could start all sorts of polls about whether to keep existing playes or not...but time is of the essence and the 4 days will allow a good number of people to vote

I will also put a note on the SS Facebook page so those who may not be visiting as much over the offseason get a chance to vote

If anyone has any issues with this procedure..speak now cos the thread is being started shortly
Just why there is another process is beyond me...

Why wasn't it in order of preference to start with?

This second procedure could have been avoided when I suggested it should have been in order of preference :idea:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
GrumpyOne

St Fidelius wrote:
saint66au wrote:OK..we will have a vote to keep it above board and democratic:-)

This second procedure could have been avoided when I suggested it should have been in order of preference :idea:
Good fair and sensible process IMO.

Well done guys.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Good fair and sensible process IMO.

Well done guys.
I think we need to get the order right on the banner.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Can a mod please 'unsticky' this thread and replace it with the new 'sticky' Sponsorship thread I'm about to start?

Thanks in advance.