He wanted to stay!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:Also, if it is true that Ball wanted to stay, Ross really hung himself out to dry today with his comments shortly after trade period finished. Surely he would not be so stupid....??

Anyhoo, I am tipping that Ball will be signed up within 2 weeks. There, I said it. I may bookmark this thread so that once the announcement comes through I can refer back to it...... :lol: :lol:
we can but hope so---'fingers crossed" hands praying and all good vibes being sent..............................

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:
saint75 wrote:Also, if it is true that Ball wanted to stay, Ross really hung himself out to dry today with his comments shortly after trade period finished. Surely he would not be so stupid....??

Anyhoo, I am tipping that Ball will be signed up within 2 weeks. There, I said it. I may bookmark this thread so that once the announcement comes through I can refer back to it...... :lol: :lol:
we can but hope so---'fingers crossed" hands praying and all good vibes being sent..............................
I am hoping so as well. As much as I have been disappointed with the way he has gone about things this week, I really feel for him and if he is FULLY committed to St Kilda, I would love to have him back.....after a bit of groveling of course.... :lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Ross's comments are all along the lines of 'it's really up to Luke as to what he wants to do?'

That strikes me as pretty straight forward, particularly in light of prior comments (required player) and the fact that a deal was put earlier in the year...

The thing that troubles me is that Luke is a smart fella. He's been around a while. He knows how it works. So to speculate it might be's an infantile, overhyped and selfish manager that may have misguided things is I think a bit rich.

Now the addendum to that, of course, is that Luke has an axe to grind with a person or persons within the St K organisation.

If so, why?

Can you just shrug that?

Will we have a white anter within the ranks if he stays?

I know I've been pretty harsh on LB personally over all of this. In the circumstances, from what we know and what we can piece together, I reckon criticism is eminently justifiable.

But forgetting all that: There's a massive WHAT THE? factor at play here.

I can't remember a player/manager getting it so wrong before...

Could it simply be a case of an underhanded request for a payrise going terribly wrong?

Could it be a player has become too big for his boots?

It's all very, very weird.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote: It's all very, very weird.
It's all very very sad :

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107