No deal with Magpies over Ball, says Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i don't hold bally responsible for wanting out...he is a proud young man and is undervalued at st kilda...full stop...... :evil:
I'm with you too mate, not willing to send him down the river just yet...

Although I did have a lot to say to anybody who would listen when I first heard the bad news... :lol: :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i don't hold bally responsible for wanting out...he is a proud young man and is undervalued at st kilda...full stop...... :evil:
Perhaps.

Perhaps 2009 saw some significant evaluation changes across the whole list.

I cannot help questioning the motives for his decision though.

And to qualify, personally I hold Luke Ball in really high regard. I don't like the idea of him playing at another club.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bigred wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:Joffaboy wrote:
Hope not. Ball has burnt his bridges AFAIAC.

He wants to walk from the club and his mates and then gives ultimatums???

Well f^^k that. You will go where we say or Piss off to the PSD you low character sook.

Getting sick of Ball and his tantrums.

Well written Joffaboy, couldnt agree more.
Chomp Chomp...

Nothing like the taste of our own. :P

Just kidding.

Yeah Bridges burned as far as I am concerned too.

I am really surprised, but I thought Luke had a LOT more ticker than this.
We dont eat our own.

Luke Ball is not a Saint anymore AFAIAC.
Spot on Joffa, HE has decided he is not a saint anymore, so unless we get something really good from eddiwood, then I hope he ends up in the pre season draft and goes to richmond, where no one else can kick over a tin can either

I love this club
Sainterman
Club Player

Why don't you hold him responsible for a decision he has made himself. The possible reasons include:

- game time - work harder, get fitter and he would have got more
- money - has been on $600K for a few years and we have not had value, should he not sacrifice to be part of something special? Stay with his mates? Play Saints footy?
- fall out with RL and coaching staff - goes against his earlier comments of working together with the coaching staff to improve and to better meet their needs. Played in all finals.

So why leave? Why is he not held responsible for the decision to leave and then only go to Collingwood ie. place a demand on leaving too?

Not having a go, just interested in your reasoning for this post...

saynta
Saintsational Legend

the coach is on record as stating that ball should have been given another two bursts of 6 minutes in each of the third and fourth quarters ...and that it he wasn't in control of the slip up.....ffs......who was then.....we might have had a second cup in our cupboard if he had...then again we might not have.....but he did kick the ball that gardiner marked the last time these clubs were tied at the end of a game.... :twisted:

yeah...i'm pissed off....pissed off with trade week in general...and specifically because our two top ten picks in the super draft want out because the coach has little faith in playing them...... :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
You have a point. Several in fact.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: yeah...i'm pissed off....pissed off with trade week in general...and specifically because our two top ten picks in the super draft want out because the coach has little faith in playing them...... :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dont let facts get in the way of a rant :roll:

Ball played in the GF FFS emoticon emoticon.

Who said X was not going to be played by RL FFS emoticon emoticon?

You are making things up but who would be suprised in that?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
stinger wrote:i don't hold bally responsible for wanting out...he is a p

i think he was gutted by the grandfinal loss and the coaches reluctance to use him properly on a day crying out for his in and under skills.......me too really....but hardly to the same extent.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
stinger wrote: yeah...i'm pissed off....pissed off with trade week in general...and specifically because our two top ten picks in the super draft want out because the coach has little faith in playing them...... :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

who gives a fat rats for your opinion.....ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: ..not me...go and play in the traffic ffs and stop annoying the grown ups........ :twisted:

Sainterman
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Sainterman wrote:

i think he was gutted by the grandfinal loss and the coaches reluctance to use him properly on a day crying out for his in and under skills.......me too really....but hardly to the same extent.....
TEAM or INDIVIDUAL? Which one is he about? All players were gutted and they all pledged to work even harder next year....why not Luke? I am very disappointed...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
stinger wrote:
Sainterman wrote:

TEAM or INDIVIDUAL? Which one is he about? All players were gutted and they all pledged to work even harder next year....why not Luke? I am very disappointed...
i am too...extremely......but ....what i said....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Sainterman wrote:

So you are saying he is a sook? So the GF was all about him?

A sook who not only refused to sign a three year contract - but then issues ultimatums to the club - I only want to be traded to Collingwood?

Ball has a right to go - like any player - but to justify his leaving on supposition and your imagination.

Ball left for more money pure and simple. More game time pfft :roll:

Believe that and you believe anything.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

who gives a fat rats for your opinion.....ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: ..not me...go and play in the traffic ffs and stop annoying the grown ups........ :twisted:
oh ffs emoticon emoticon.

go make up some other fantasy about Luke Ball you silly OLD goat.

Lance or James??

Sainterman
Club Player

To me, what seems odd, is that he doesn't appear to have anything locked down at Collingwood. Massive risk isn't it? I mean if you had an agreement then fine, but it seems no deal has been done, and it looks like it might be hard for him to get there.

Doesn't want to go anywhere but Collingwood? Strange. Most of the other players wanting out have expressed a preference, but like Lovett have been open minded. Perhaps it is Luke, or perhaps it is bad management from Conners?

The whole thing seems somewhat weird.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

the coach is on record as stating that ball should have been given another two bursts of 6 minutes in each of the third and fourth quarters ...and that it he wasn't in control of the slip up.....ffs......who was then.....we might have had a second cup in our cupboard if he had...then again we might not have.....but he did kick the ball that gardiner marked the last time these clubs were tied at the end of a game.... :twisted:

yeah...i'm pissed off....pissed off with trade week in general...and specifically because our two top ten picks in the super draft want out because the coach has little faith in playing them...... :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ive been wanting to say that all day - I'm mighty pissed off and cant stop pondering whether we created this situation ourselves in the first place.

They are not all success stories sending senior players to the reserves, yet all we hear about is how it turned Dal and Milne....

FCUK!

Milton66
SS Life Member

Lyon is a flog and should have played X... crook knee or otherwise. :roll:

And he clearly hates Ball, that's why he only gave him a 3 year deal as opposed to Luke's great "character" mentor. :roll:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Collingwood always ask for a lot but give nothing, that's why the can not snare big name palyers.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Milton66
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:

Ive been wanting to say that all day - I'm mighty pissed off and cant stop pondering whether we created this situation ourselves in the first place.

They are not all success stories sending senior players to the reserves, yet all we hear about is how it turned Dal and Milne....

FCUK!
Ok, so let's not drop players in case we risk creating a "situation" and they asked to be traded?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:Lyon is a flog and should have played X... crook knee or otherwise. :roll:

And he clearly hates Ball, that's why he only gave him a 3 year deal as opposed to Luke's great "character" mentor. :roll:
Oh FFS emoticon emoticon.

Of course he hates Luke Ball - only reason he played in the GF was to get more currency in the trading period.

Geez RL is smart.

And X - well X didn't even get a look in this year. Ross obviously hates him. Probably a race thing - oh hang on he kept playing Raph - must be because well because maybe.....

he had a knee reco.

As far as contracts go. What a disgrace to offer an underperforming player a three year contract. Terrible

And for X to actually accept a contract extension just shows how much the coach wanted him out.

FFS emoticon emoticon :D

Lance or James??

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Go play in the traffic...

I lol'd

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
Spinner wrote:

FCUK!
Ok, so let's not drop players in case we risk creating a "situation" and they asked to be traded?

Lets play players based on ability rather than expectation. Pick the best 22.

I struggle to see how Ball can be a fringe player for the second half of the year, but still be offered a three year contract?

And it's pretty simple really (and ill reaffirm Im still in the 'pondering' stage of this) but I cant help thinking that if you want to take the kudos for turning Dal and Milne, well then you gotta take the responsibility for Ball and X.

ace
Saintsational Legend

FullMonty wrote:Very harsh.
If Bally ends up staying people will be eating humble pie next year.
I would rather eat humble pie than eat Luke's mag pie.

Mag pie is chock full of maggots!

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
stinger wrote:
Sainterman wrote:

So you are saying he is a sook? So the GF was all about him?

A sook who not only refused to sign a three year contract - but then issues ultimatums to the club - I only want to be traded to Collingwood?

Ball has a right to go - like any player - but to justify his leaving on supposition and your imagination.

Ball left for more money pure and simple. More game time pfft :roll:

Believe that and you believe anything.
you really are clueless as well as offensive...well you attempt to be ...rather unsuccessfully i might add....
the filth have actually offered less money that the saints have.....so have another guess... :roll: :roll:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:[I struggle to see how Ball can be a fringe player for the second half of the year, but still be offered a three year contract?

The timing of the contract (June) may give you a clue.

If you believe this is about "game time" and not money - you are being had.

Ball wouldn't sign the contract because he hadn't performed like a $600k player - he wouldn't sign - and obviously his attitude was not up to standard and he was dropped.

How can you blame the coach for X??? He did his knee in and couldn't play. he also signed a contract with the Saints for next year.

Maybe he is like Ball and the new Saints is just a bit too hard for him.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:you really are clueless as well as offensive...well you attempt to be ...rather unsuccessfully i might add....
the filth have actually offered less money that the saints have.....so have another guess... :roll: :roll:
lol you calling anyone offensive.

The filth have not offered less money unless we offered more than $500k which we wouldn't have.

I know you are old and senile but please try and keep u - oh and go and change you depends you incontenent old fool.

Hope that offended you because the fact that you even exist offends me.

Abused any women lately you hypocrite???
Last edited by joffaboy on Wed 07 Oct 2009 7:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

FCUK!
yep...you could see it coming from earlier in the season. not only ball......x wasn't played when he was starring in the vfl...same with goose......posters on here flagged ball was disgruntled when he was dropped...he wasn't playing badly ...yet other guys who get far less possessions and are not a patch on ball as a footballer were getting games and more game time......

pple who knew the families knew trouble was brewing.....

the bullies and brown nosers on here don't frighten me....i call a spade a bloody shovel if it is warrented..... :evil: