Changes For Next Week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

reincarnated

plugger66 wrote:Max will not play. his skills and fitness will leave him out of the side. the only possible change is Eddy for either geary or Dempster. Still think no change as no one has played for 4 weeks.
FFS

correct

saintbob
SS Life Member

bergholt wrote:
saintbob wrote:Milne - Failed to fire again, IMO will be very lucky to keep spot
if milne gets dropped i'll sell all my worldly possessions and move to a nepalese hilltop.

was well held but still kicked one very important goal - in a game where goals were impossible to come by. there's no way you want to lose that goal kicking nous.
Milney may very well be your travelling companion to that Nepelese Hilltop

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

SuperSaint wrote:
bergholt wrote:
saintbob wrote:Milne - Failed to fire again, IMO will be very lucky to keep spot
if milne gets dropped i'll sell all my worldly possessions and move to a nepalese hilltop.

was well held but still kicked one very important goal - in a game where goals were impossible to come by. there's no way you want to lose that goal kicking nous.
I would not drop Mine now but he has to DO something more substantial in the GF. All his finals performances to date have been poor. Yes, the one goal he kicked last night was an important one in the context of the game but it was a "gimme" goal from a great effort by Goddard. Milne needs to win his own ball convincingly in a Final. He is yet to do that since his first Final in 2004. He already has a reputation as a September failure and that's disapponting as we all know what he's capable of in the Home and Away Season.
For the *th time on this forum this is how it works in the Saints forward line when the opposition have a third up back man who is also on Milne.

When the ball goes to Riewoldt you will generally see that Milne is nowhere to be seen. That is because they don't want the third up defender (O'Brien, Hargewave) etc coming accross and spoiling.

It is differnet when we play sides like the crows as Johncock usually takes Milne and we are happy to see Johncock taken to the contest.

Milne is not getting much ball but he is playing ateam role and taking his opponent out of the game.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

You never know, Eddy may keep his place and to a Ted Hopkins.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

for those wanting major changes such as milne or schneider dropped or hudgeton in, it won't happen.

Ross lyon has only changed the structure of the sdie once this season. Once. where Kosi was injured and replaced him with Eddy (a small fro a tall) but that is the only time he has doen it.

If there is any changes will probably will be eddy only. but only with someone like armitage, geary or dempster. the problem with that is neither of those 3 players have played for 3-4 weeks. therefore i am unsure whehter there will be a change just based on that. Gwilt won't come in as he has not played a game since round 22 in the reserves.

The saints are still missing a 3rd forward, but it won't be solved this year.

Eddy probably shoudl be out this week, not sure it will happen though!

saintly_safes
Club Player

Unless there is an injury I would think there will be no changes.Eddy has been doing the job that Lyon wants him to do & although he doesnt get alot of possessions he fills the space well & he can run all day.Against a team like Geelong that might be handy but if there was to be a change maybe Dempster for Eddy but I doubt it.