Far from happy about this

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
hahahahahaha

Maybe I should call them cretins or morons or liars like you do???

Nice try. Didn't work.

Try again. No feathers ruffled here RF. You'll have to do better.

Remember: when you're trying to be smart, it helps if you're actually smart.
What does what I do or don't do have to do with anything?

Milton66
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:That Dawson should play ahead of Max is surely not a clearcut decision.

Even Sheahan's article points out that Dawson is more vulnerable one-on-one and that his possible superiority is based upon flexibility. Personally, I haven't observed an enormous amount of flexibility in relation to Zac: Blake is a different story.

Given that there is very little in it between Max and Zac, I don't think it is appropriate for a lot of posters to drone on and on about "it's about the team not the individual, those who think otherwise are wankers, etc, etc."

I would never favour selecting players purely on sentiment. But there is a case for Max to be selected purely on ability: all that experience surely counts for something.

Really, let's wait and see who plays in what game. If Max makes the final 22 this whole thread and many who have posted in it are going to look more than a little silly.

Geez...........!!
Yes experience does count for much. But so does team balance, and fitness.

And why would we look silly if he plays?? No one has clealry stated that he shouldn't. The op was about treating him with respect.

Then again, if we do look silly, I guess we'll be granted life membership in the "Sack Lyon" club?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
Then again, if we do look silly, I guess we'll be granted life membership in the "Sack Lyon" club?
If Lyon loses the flag from here (which has never in the history of the sport been done before), I'd imagine that the 'Sack Lyon' club might actually be walking quite tall once the disappointment of losing wears off.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

and there we have it

Milton66
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
If Lyon loses the flag from here (which has never in the history of the sport been done before), I'd imagine that the 'Sack Lyon' club might actually be walking quite tall once the disappointment of losing wears off.
Only for the anti RL brigade like yourself. No doubt you'll feel vindicated.

Then again, GT had a few cracks at it and failed. So I'll give RL 5 years also.

So if we do lose it this year, and the sack Lyon mob feel justified, it only adds weight to their folly IMO.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
And you will be front and square with the banner I take it.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Only for the anti RL brigade like yourself. No doubt you'll feel vindicated.

Then again, GT had a few cracks at it and failed. So I'll give RL 5 years also.

So if we do lose it this year, and the sack Lyon mob feel justified, it only adds weight to their folly IMO.
'Anti Lyon brigade'??

Huh?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
I was referring to the 'Sack Lyon' club that apparently exists according to WayneJudson.

It's news to me if I'm involved in this club.

Milton66
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
Thinline wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
I was referring to the 'Sack Lyon' club that apparently exists according to WayneJudson.

WayneJudson, huh? That's news to me Violent Stool. :lol:

Keep 'em coming... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Milton66
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Nah mate, he'll be leading the "I Told You Ross Lyon Was Covering Up Cracks and Making Poor Decisions" club.

Now that's funny!! Boom Boom. :lol: :lol:

Finna
Club Player

BORING.....

FFS we are playing in a QF final on Sunday. One of the biggest games in our history - we are in the best position for at crack at the flag in a long time and people have nothing to do but bicker and whinge.

Get the behind the team - who ever takes the field and barrack like hell for our boys to get home.

Un - F**king Believable!!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Thought we were - but some are wanting to start the Sack Lyon chant before a ball is kicked in anger in the finals. :roll: :roll:

As for Max - gotta love the Max - but every time he runs out nowdays, I feel he isn't going to make it through the whole game.

I will have faith in the coaching panel that has given us the best H&A in history of the club, and has got a full list of uninjured players to choose from.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Thinline wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

Why are people calling me 'stool' all the time?

I thought you were being offensive, but now I'm thinking that there's more to it - something I have obviously missed?

Care to fill me in?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Thinline wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

Why are people calling me 'stool' all the time?

I thought you were being offensive, but now I'm thinking that there's more to it - something I have obviously missed?

Care to fill me in?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
reincarnated

Reincarnated thinks if its as clear as Zac vs Max then Max should play. Do we really value Zac's ability to get 5-10 extra non contested possessions over another player who has more of an ability to stop all sorts of forwards?

Uncontested possessions vs adaptable spoiler

Reincarnated knows which one would be on the list regardless of whatever Max has done for the club in the past. If it was a toss up of Raph/Blake vs Max then Max would still get the nod

Blake has been over-rated this season as he very rarely has had a direct decent forward to deal with. Yes his marks taken were top 5 in the afl. But Reincarnated would suggest that 99.99% of these marks were taken playing kick to kick always to a better disposer i.e Goddard, Fisher, Dal etc

Just pick Max

Quixote
SS Life Member

Opposition teams were targeting Max when he had the ball in our back half and it was hurting our rebound.

RF I guess people are calling you stool because you could be sitting on one and sometimes you do come across violent.

Milton66 is a stooge :wink:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
matrix
Saintsational Legend

wow two separate posts form two diff pc's in 20 mins

pretty clever :twisted:

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
meher baba wrote:That Dawson should play ahead of Max is surely not a clearcut decision.

Even Sheahan's article points out that Dawson is more vulnerable one-on-one and that his possible superiority is based upon flexibility. Personally, I haven't observed an enormous amount of flexibility in relation to Zac: Blake is a different story.

Given that there is very little in it between Max and Zac, I don't think it is appropriate for a lot of posters to drone on and on about "it's about the team not the individual, those who think otherwise are wankers, etc, etc."

I would never favour selecting players purely on sentiment. But there is a case for Max to be selected purely on ability: all that experience surely counts for something.

Really, let's wait and see who plays in what game. If Max makes the final 22 this whole thread and many who have posted in it are going to look more than a little silly.

Geez...........!!
Yes experience does count for much. But so does team balance, and fitness.

And why would we look silly if he plays?? No one has clealry stated that he shouldn't. The op was about treating him with respect.

I don't disagree that there is a strong case for Dawson being in better form (except for the game against the Roos) and fitter than Max. If Dawson is selected ahead of Max, I won't bat an eyelid.

In terms of people looking silly, I was merely pointing out that some posters in this thread have completely written off Max: "he should have retired four weeks ago", etc. They are going to look extremely silly if he plays on Sunday: in the same way that one-time "sack Lyon" enthusiasts like myself now look or the "GT ruined our list" brigade (although some of them have tried to rewrite history a little bit).

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
reincarnated

Quixote wrote:Opposition teams were targeting Max when he had the ball in our back half and it was hurting our rebound.

RF I guess people are calling you stool because you could be sitting on one and sometimes you do come across violent.

In the limited games Max has played he was not targetted by the opposition. He kicked the ball poorly a few times however he was hardly a target to be the lose man. The way we play we often have 2-3 lose men in the back 50 ready to switch either side and Max (like Blake and Raph) have pretty shoddy skills when pressured however it was one and the same in these instances

Joffa 5
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: If Lyon loses the flag from here (which has never in the history of the sport been done before)
What has never been done before? Cats lost 1 H&A game last year and lost the flag, we've lost 2 games.

Quixote
SS Life Member

reincarnated wrote:
Quixote wrote:Opposition teams were targeting Max when he had the ball in our back half and it was hurting our rebound.

In the limited games Max has played he was not targetted by the opposition. He kicked the ball poorly a few times however he was hardly a target to be the lose man. The way we play we often have 2-3 lose men in the back 50 ready to switch either side and Max (like Blake and Raph) have pretty shoddy skills when pressured however it was one and the same in these instances
Teams (esp Sydney) were leaving him alone and manning up tight on our other backs. The ball would then end up with Max and they'd charge him. This was hurting us.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
reincarnated wrote:

Teams (esp Sydney) were leaving him alone and manning up tight on our other backs. The ball would then end up with Max and they'd charge him. This was hurting us.
That is what every team does. his disposal is poor so they are happey to concede to him.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Joffa 5 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote: If Lyon loses the flag from here (which has never in the history of the sport been done before)
What has never been done before? Cats lost 1 H&A game last year and lost the flag, we've lost 2 games.
Winning 19 in a row and not winning the flag.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Joffa 5 wrote:
I didnt mind your posts but I am now convinced you would rather lose the flag to prove you were right about whatever you think you are right about then win the flag and just be happy.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Joffa 5 wrote:
I didnt mind your posts but I am now convinced you would rather lose the flag to prove you were right about whatever you think you are right about then win the flag and just be happy.
I was just answering a question.