Luke Ball and 1st rnd Selection for Kerr?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

reincarnated

STILLWAITING wrote:
rexy wrote:Didnt read the whole thread but I have 1 word for you all

CHARACHTER

Ball is a beauty, Kerr is trouble IMO.

Both good footballers, Ball is a saint and will be rememberd as a great one.
Keep Ball, as you say he has charcter and loyalty, donw want kerr
Reincarnated asks to lose the sentiment. Who cares if he has 'character' and he is not loyal he has done what around 97% of players have done and stayed at their orginal club until 25/26

Define 'character'?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

STILLWAITING wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:Image

I know it's a sketch, but I'm calling it a caricature just so I can spell character incorrectly too... 8-) :wink:
I cant spell either :)
:lol: :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
STILLWAITING wrote:
rexy wrote:Didnt read the whole thread but I have 1 word for you all

CHARACHTER

Ball is a beauty, Kerr is trouble IMO.

Both good footballers, Ball is a saint and will be rememberd as a great one.
Keep Ball, as you say he has charcter and loyalty, donw want kerr
Reincarnated asks to lose the sentiment. Who cares if he has 'character' and he is not loyal he has done what around 97% of players have done and stayed at their orginal club until 25/26

Define 'character'?
Not sure about defining character, I'll leave that to those who know Luke personally.

Even the most stern critic though, would have to appreciate the leadership Luke Ball brings to the table. A stellar season on the field, peace off the field, the culture that is at the Saints is to be highly commended. Luke Ball is part of the leadership group, he deserves recognition for his contribution.

I won't talk about Kerr, don't know anything about him, and I won't pretend to diagnose what kind of "character" he is either.

ace
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated asks to lose the sentiment. Who cares if he has 'character' and he is not loyal he has done what around 97% of players have done and stayed at their orginal club until 25/26

Define 'character'?
Character is that which Buckley had none of.
Walked out on Brisbane after one year claiming Collingwood hadn't done anything to undermine the draft.
Ha, Ha, he could have been the captain ahead of Voss and gone back to back to back.
Ended up with nothing because he had no character.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:herald sun have just said a similar thing ... more a jorno story then any truth to it ... list management will be looked into after the season not round 20 .... maybe west coast are interested in this trade but i highly doubt any one at the saints is talking to the eagles at this time of the year ...... BIGGER FISH TO FRY...
Put the link up

Another opportunity awaits!
reincarnated

ace wrote:
reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated asks to lose the sentiment. Who cares if he has 'character' and he is not loyal he has done what around 97% of players have done and stayed at their orginal club until 25/26

Define 'character'?
Walked out on Brisbane after one year claiming Collingwood hadn't done anything to undermine the draft.
Ha, Ha, he could have been the captain ahead of Voss and gone back to back to back.
Reincarnated puts forward you still haven't defined character. Buckley didn't want to be there and make it public - what does that have to do with his character? If Brisbane/Collingwood swapped histories you would have been saying Buckley made the right choice yadda yadda yadda. But its easy to have an uneducated go at a guy for actually having the ability to go somewhere in his career that was his choice, probably something you have never had the opportunity to do

Premiership success, Michael Voss and being captain have nothing to do with character, that is choice and luck

Think of it this way

If you wanted to work for PWC however all you could get as a job as a mobile tax consultant however after a year you would be allowed to gain employment in PWC...in your opinion a much better job with higher wages and a better chance of greater success...would you take it?

Buckley made choices and its naive, boganistic and dumb for you to criticise Buckley for 'character' of decisions he made when he believed at the time were correct

But its okay to criticise a successful human being with the ability of hindsight right?

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
ace wrote:

Define 'character'?
Reincarnated puts forward you still haven't defined character. Buckley didn't want to be there and make it public - what does that have to do with his character? If Brisbane/Collingwood swapped histories you would have been saying Buckley made the right choice yadda yadda yadda. But its easy to have an uneducated go at a guy for actually having the ability to go somewhere in his career that was his choice, probably something you have never had the opportunity to do

Premiership success, Michael Voss and being captain have nothing to do with character, that is choice and luck

Think of it this way

If you wanted to work for PWC however all you could get as a job as a mobile tax consultant however after a year you would be allowed to gain employment in PWC...in your opinion a much better job with higher wages and a better chance of greater success...would you take it?

Buckley made choices and its naive, boganistic and dumb for you to criticise Buckley for 'character' of decisions he made when he believed at the time were correct

But its okay to criticise a successful human being with the ability of hindsight right?
I'm really not sure about this "PWC" rubbish, really makes no sense in terms of defining one's character or worth but...

If you need to ask who has the better character between Luke Ball and Daniel Kerr then I suggest your lacking in some.

Luke Ball is the definition of the character I'd want at my club or business, Daniel Kerr is not.

We can talk about football ability and what they both give to their sides on their respective best days, unencumbered by injuries and taggers and it would still be a close call so I can only go on who would be best, as a person for the club, and that would be Luke Ball by a mile.

reincarnated

Ghost Like wrote:
reincarnated wrote:
ace wrote:

Define 'character'?

Think of it this way

I'm really not sure about this "PWC" rubbish, really makes no sense in terms of defining one's character or worth but...

If you need to ask who has the better character between Luke Ball and Daniel Kerr then I suggest your lacking in some.

Luke Ball is the definition of the character I'd want at my club or business, Daniel Kerr is not.

We can talk about football ability and what they both give to their sides on their respective best days, unencumbered by injuries and taggers and it would still be a close call so I can only go on who would be best, as a person for the club, and that would be Luke Ball by a mile.
Buckley saw the pies as a better organisation and he believed he would achieve greater success. Much like going from a mobile tax consultancy role to a accounting partner at a firm - of course its a much better job and one sees this so at the time

However its great to criticise those with the ability of hindsight?

Why didn't we take Judd instead of Ball hindsight yadda yadda yadda I'm clever as i criticise people for making decisions

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Mbogo thinks reincarnated speak with forked tongue ....

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:Mbogo thinks reincarnated speak with forked tongue ....
:lol:

I love this club
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i hope his next 5 games are belters

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:

Define 'character'?
Well said (andIdont have to spell any difficult words or talk in the third person for this post)

I love this club
matrix
Saintsational Legend

just use a space bar :P :P :P :P :P :P

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:i hope his next 5 games are belters
Hope you are right,and hope any silly rumors are dispelled by the club quickly (not the clubs fault)

And to MY definition,he does have character

I love this club
ace
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:
reincarnated wrote:
ace wrote:

Define 'character'?

Think of it this way

Buckley saw the pies as a better organisation and he believed he would achieve greater success. Much like going from a mobile tax consultancy role to a accounting partner at a firm - of course its a much better job and one sees this so at the time

Why didn't we take Judd instead of Ball hindsight yadda yadda yadda I'm clever as i criticise people for making decisions
Or was Buckley already taking money from a draft tampering Collingwood supporter group before he even went to Brisbane.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
reincarnated wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:
reincarnated wrote:
ace wrote:

Define 'character'?

Think of it this way

Or was it that Buckley was already taking money from a draft tampering Collingwood supporter group before he even went to Brisbane.
Ace you are so right,he was dealing with collingwood before he even played forbrissi, in fact he even had an aggreement frombrissi torealease him after a year,what character is that

I love this club
villasaint
Club Player

really don't think the saints would be in the running for Kerr. He is an excellent footballer but his off the field record has been terrible. Bally has been going through a rough trot on the field but is exemplary. I know that in the end football ability is what really counts but I find this trade highly unlikely. Would the saints risk taking someone like that for a former best and fairest winner and a true star off the field? I think not. Bally will turn things around. Gauranteed

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:just use a space bar :P :P :P :P :P :P
Sorry am a techno fobe,this is te most typing I do, even when I am at work :)

I love this club
matrix
Saintsational Legend

heheheh
:P

did i see reincarnated post NOT in the third entity somewhere around here earlier??!! :shock: :shock:

reincarnated

villasaint wrote:really don't think the saints would be in the running for Kerr. He is an excellent footballer but his off the field record has been terrible. Bally has been going through a rough trot on the field but is exemplary. I know that in the end football ability is what really counts but I find this trade highly unlikely. Would the saints risk taking someone like that for a former best and fairest winner and a true star off the field? I think not. Bally will turn things around. Gauranteed
Reincarnated agrees as our pick will be mid teens with Luke Ball...hardly the greatest trade. If we could get a high first round pick for Luke plus our other Ross and Matty said they would do the trade

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:heheheh

did i see reincarnated post NOT in the third entity somewhere around here earlier??!! :shock: :shock:
Not likely, reincarnated is to weird to talk the rest of us. (my typing aside)

I love this club
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im sure i saw something......hmmmm

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Quite humorous actually, if you look back to the beginning of reinc, you'll see it took a while to establish this wonderfully hilarious act of speaking of itself in the third person...

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:

Quite humorous actually, if you look back to the beginning of reinc, you'll see it took a while to establish this wonderfully hilarious act of speaking of itself in the third person...
Maybe it was the third person trying to speak in the reincarnated :)

I love this club
reincarnated

Iceman234 wrote:

Being the Reincarnated one is tough work at times but someone has to do it