"Abysmal Service " section at the Etihad Club yest

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Can I ask you one question, does it really worry you so much that the first beer after a game can be hard to get when after about 10 minutes it is very easy to get a drink.
Hmm 10 minutes? I dont go there post-match as much as I used to, but Im rarely get there less than 15-20 minutes after the game and its still packed. Then after another 15 mins or so they kick everyone out of the windows side of the bar and put them back into the more crowded other side.

Hmmm serve more slowly on purpose to stop people getting pissed? Maybe if thats the problem they need to stop serving full-strength grog after the game?

Or heres a thought... Open Flagstaff Station on weekends for a couple of hours after the game. That would you'd think ease the congestion on the Southern Cross footbridge..a pretty major reason why people head for a post-game bevvie I reckon :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im usually back at the hotel watching the end of the game again in that 10 mins

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:It's always been my experience in business that before you can 'fix a problem' a few tings have to occur.

1. There needs to be a recognition that there is a problem.

2. There needs to be a willingness to try and resolve the issue(s).

From the outside looking in and seeing the general complaints of 'lack of service' from nearly everybody who has posted on this topic, it would appear that the Delaware are either not aware of the 'problem' or if they are they do not care enough to do something about it.

Because have no doubt, it is within their power to 'fix' this problem if they want to.

As I mentioned earlier there are venues all over town managing to serve crowds from 50 to 3000 patrons within 10-15 minute intervals. If they're capable of doing it then I have no doubts that a giant hospitality firm like Delaware can also.

As for the Stadium service issues mentioned by others in this thread, there is no doubt that they could also be solved if there was a willingness to do so. Unfortunately there does not appear to be that willingness.
You've hit the nail on the head Magic. They don't actually care about the service. They only care about the money.
When I worked at the Arts Centre in St.Kilda Rd I dealt with Spotless Services who had the F&B contract for most of the bars and cafes at the time.
Customer service and satisfaction benchmarks were written into their contract and it was structured so that it was financially in their interest to provide quality customer service.
I doubt very much whether customer service or satisfaction is even mentioned in Delaware's contract. If there's no financial incentive to improve service, they wont.