Gram thing is weird...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:you can't blame these guys for trying to do their jobs. from his perspective it was an obvious story that hadn't been written.

i'd expect him to continue to be a regular reader of saintsational, particularly while we keep winning.
And I don't begrudge him for it bigcarl - if I could source stories from doing it I would do exactly the same.

It's just in my opinion that it is not 'good journalism', but 'lazy journalism'.

'Good journalism' IMO is recognizing that there might be a story and sourcing it out.
Not relying on faceless fans on a footy forum to provide me with inspiration.

But heck, I'm not a journalist.
What would I know on this subject? That's why I only offer my uneducated opinion.

Maybe I've just seen 'All the President's Men' too often and have an expectation of 'good journalists' actually doing some work on their own, rather than relying on others to suss out stories for them,
Or worse, make up their own stories.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:let's not shoot the messenger.
No, let's criticise those who are trying to find out what we'd all like to know.

:?

Anyway, as I said, I hope Mark Stevens is having a good laugh at all of this. In fact, being the lazy worker that he is, he's probably even too lazy to come on here and check.

He's probably sipping pina coladas on the Gold Coast with Malcolm Blight.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: He's probably sipping pina coladas on the Gold Coast with Malcolm Blight.
Why not, he's got all of us doing work for him, 'good journlist' that he is.

Can you just imagine what stories he'd actually 'break' if he got up from his 'banana lounge' and actually thought about chasing down a story?

Oh and btw everton, he missed the best bit about the Tudor story.
Unfortunately for him we didn't give away the whole story on here.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:btw everton, he missed the best bit about the Tudor story. Unfortunately for him we didn't give away the whole story on here.
careful mr magic. the walls have ears :wink:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:btw everton, he missed the best bit about the Tudor story. Unfortunately for him we didn't give away the whole story on here.
careful mr magic. the walls have ears :wink:
Yep, which was the point I was trying to make (obviously not successfully) about where the Club's responsibilities in giving information to its members start and finish.

Some feel that as members they are entitled to know anything and everything.

Others feel that the Club has the right to withold anything it feels will impinge on the smooth operation of the Club and Team ( I fit into this category).

There is a fine line between balancing the interests of one over the other.

What interest has been served by the media/press about Gram this week?

Has it assisted Gram?
Has it assisted Gram's teamates who may/may not have been involved in something?
Has it assisted the Club?
If it has casued even the slightest ripple in the smooth running of the Club/Team then has it been worth it to those posters desperate to know the inside goss?

I can't answer these questions. Can anybody else on here?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

it the leadership group stepped in and recommended disciplinary action against gram for an indiscretion, then i think that news being out there doesn't do us (or gram) any harm.

in fact it is a positive and a sign that we are being proactive and that our leadership group is showing leadership.

hopefully gram learns his lesson and is back out there this week contributing to another victory.

the alternative was to let it fester.
Last edited by bigcarl on Wed 27 May 2009 2:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

There were inferences on radio yesterday that Jason Gram had a personal & private issue to deal with last week. If this is the case, the club needs to be congratulated for respecting Jason's wishes !!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:There were inferences on radio yesterday that Jason Gram had a personal & private issue to deal with last week. If this is the case, the club needs to be congratulated for respecting Jason's wishes !!
could be anything. but the club has obviously hndled it well. no leaks about whats going on.

unlike the tiges. theyd be calling hutchi every 5 seconds.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Eastern wrote:There were inferences on radio yesterday that Jason Gram had a personal & private issue to deal with last week. If this is the case, the club needs to be congratulated for respecting Jason's wishes !!
could be anything. but the club has obviously hndled it well. no leaks about whats going on.

unlike the tiges. theyd be calling hutchi every 5 seconds.
Oh no, I hadn't thought of Hutchy, he has probably been hiding out in Gram's rubbish bin to break the "story" on tonights Footy show :roll:

StSteven
Club Player

Oh no, I hadn't thought of Hutchy, he has probably been hiding out in Gram's rubbish bin to break the "story" on tonights Footy show

Just after he "breaks the news" that Roo is off to GC17!!!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

that hutchie is the original sleazeball scum journo ...isn't he......? :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:that hutchie is the original sleazeball scum journo ...isn't he......? :evil:
Hi happy. Missed your positive posts.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Gram really needs to pull his finger out if he's to get back in the team. Seems like he's a tad lazy as Riewoldt hinted on TFS.

Another opportunity awaits!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:Gram really needs to pull his finger out if he's to get back in the team. Seems like he's a tad lazy as Riewoldt hinted on TFS.
as i forgot to watch the footy show what did Roo say?

Duggie
Club Player

I thought Roo handled it with great wisdom on TFS last night. He told the truth. Clearly the onus is on Gram to conform. Maybe he wants out and back home. If so he will hang out for big bucks at the GC17 menagerie. :lol:

A Saint Forever!
asiu

....what did Roo say?

blonde tips aren't a needed part of a footballers armoury

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Duggie wrote: Maybe he wants out and back home. If so he will hang out for big bucks at the GC17 menagerie. :lol:
He's a Victorian boy who was drafted by Brisbane, so home is actually here.

He grew up barracking for the Saints.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Duggie wrote:I thought Roo handled it with great wisdom on TFS last night. He told the truth. Clearly the onus is on Gram to conform. Maybe he wants out and back home. If so he will hang out for big bucks at the GC17 menagerie. :lol:
what was said?

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Duggie wrote:I thought Roo handled it with great wisdom on TFS last night. He told the truth. Clearly the onus is on Gram to conform. Maybe he wants out and back home. If so he will hang out for big bucks at the GC17 menagerie. :lol:
and the tatt on the inside of your bicep is not the coming of age for a footballer!

Another opportunity awaits!