Zac

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Motown wrote:Nah. Our coach prefers ball users down back as opposed to pure stoppers. Zac's not the best with the ball in hand and that doomed him here.
Point taken. Oddly enough Zac's up toward the top in disposal efficiency (90.2%). I've been really impressed with his attack on the ball this year. He doesn't seem to have a lot of confidence in his kicking though, which I find a little odd, because he seems to be at least an adequate kicker of the footy.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:That would allow Max to play on Johnson if he plays deep.
I would expect Max and Zac to take Mooney and Hawkins, with either Fisher or Gilbert going to Johnson. The other would either play loose or drop off a small to help out.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
Motown wrote:Nah. Our coach prefers ball users down back as opposed to pure stoppers. Zac's not the best with the ball in hand and that doomed him here.
Point taken. Oddly enough Zac's up toward the top in disposal efficiency (90.2%). I've been really impressed with his attack on the ball this year. He doesn't seem to have a lot of confidence in his kicking though, which I find a little odd, because he seems to be at least an adequate kicker of the footy.
Yes, but you need to put this stat into perspective. Zac is an average player and if it weren't for other members of our team stepping in for him and receiving his disposals, he'd be really crap. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

vacuous space
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:Yes, but you need to put [Dawson't disposal efficiency] into perspective.
You really do. Most of the top ball users are key defenders. The reason for that is they have low kick-to-handball ratios, go short rather than long most of the time and often have a low percentage of contested possessions. Jason Blake is immediately ahead of Dawson on the leaderboard. Rivers, Glass, Thornton, Morris and Mark Blake are the only players ahead of Blake and Dawson with a significant amount of disposals for the year.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:That would allow Max to play on Johnson if he plays deep.
I would expect Max and Zac to take Mooney and Hawkins, with either Fisher or Gilbert going to Johnson. The other would either play loose or drop off a small to help out.
Geez if Tomahawk gets another game after that effort of Friday night I'd be amazed.

He was hopelessly out of his depth IMO.

Either Max or Zac would give him an absolute bath.

In fact either would give Mooney a bath too. Again IMO.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

when i was a kid a zac was worth 6 pennies...or 5 cents to the young uns.......

...i think our zac is worth a least two or three pennys at the moment..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ........that big lug lacked ticker....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.