2009 Draw Released

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Top 4 draw me thinks :P

R19 v Hawks in Launny...lovin that too !!

Crowd record for Aurora Stadium will be smashed IMO....weather permitting :wink:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

35...LEGEND wrote:Top 4 draw me thinks :P

Crowd record for Aurora Stadium will be smashed IMO....weather permitting :wink:
The off-shore moderator will arrange for good weather that weekend !!

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:

The "off-shore moderator" will arrange for good weather that weekend !!
lol. I wonder what Launnie thinks of their "Northern Island colleague"'s comment there?

I won't be renewing my membership. I've just bought a house which effectively puts me in debt for the next thirty-odd years.

I've also moved back to the sticks so between that and my seven week rotating roster at work, I'll get maybe three or four weekends off all eyar to even go to the footy.

So, from a purely selfish perspective, this is why I love the fixture.

15 games at Tesltra Dome is not a bad thing.

And only 4 true interstate matches - also pretty good.

I like playing s*** sides like West Coast, Melbourne and Essendon twice and avoidiing Collingwood, geelong and Hawthorn for a second time.

I can see both sides of the story here but to call it our "worst draw ever" is a bit outlandish. That would be a s*** fixture and s*** timeslots - see 2006.

To even win enough games to make finals that year was an overachievemnet considering the bitch of a draw we had then. (to recap, seven interstate games (including two against Port and Freo), eleven six day breaks.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Beno88 wrote:I think the fixture is great.

Geelong once. Hawthorn once. Collingwood once.

No trip to the Gabba. One trip to Perth (and a game we should win)

Melbourne, West Coast and Essendon twice.

Two games in Adelaide within 3 weeks is good. You'd rather play at the same venue in quick succession than say Brisbane then Perth.
I am with you Beno - I think Cats and Hakws will be the pace setters next year and the Dogs and Filth will be equal with the Saints as the best of the rest - a good draw in terms of giving us every opportunity to finish top 4.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i haven't read all 4 pages, but one thing i'd like to say regarding free-to-air coverage, throughout this year some were noting that we'd lose games on FTA because of our crappy style (me being one of them) and it looks like thats exactly what happened

its disappointing, but understandable, channel 7 and 10 would like to get the best possible games to get ratings, and our style of football obviously doesn't appeal to as many viewers as it could

Solar
Saintsational Legend

bizzarre fixture

interestingly, between now and september next year stkilda and Ireland will play on the MCG the same amount of times.... hmmmmm

Remind me which club averages close to 40k the past couple of years. Why so many sunday games.... hmmmm

onfield this is the best we have had in 10 years, off field they will struggle to sell a meat plate....

ignore plugger66, he's a wanker... everyone else relises that lots of sunday games and twilight games will reduce the numbers of sainters supporters turning up.

All I can say to those that are effected, it's still important to buy your preimership....

btw how wierd are the two friday night games at AAMI. one against a bottom 4 team :?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

how strange is it playing both w.a teams at the dome in consecutive weeks??

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
35...LEGEND
Club Player

Solar wrote:bizzarre fixture

interestingly, between now and september next year stkilda and Ireland will play on the MCG the same amount of times.... hmmmmm

Remind me which club averages close to 40k the past couple of years. Why so many sunday games.... hmmmm

onfield this is the best we have had in 10 years, off field they will struggle to sell a meat plate....

ignore plugger66, he's a wanker... everyone else relises that lots of sunday games and twilight games will reduce the numbers of sainters supporters turning up.

All I can say to those that are effected, it's still important to buy your preimership....

btw how wierd are the two friday night games at AAMI. one against a bottom 4 team :?

:shock: did i miss the MERGER with CARLSCUM

Solar
Saintsational Legend

35...LEGEND wrote:

teaches me for watching the TV and typing..... murphy grabs the ball for australia and I type "buy a preimership....."

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Eastern wrote:

The off-shore moderator will arrange for good weather that weekend !!
A morning shower & 25 degrees.

When I go outside it will probably be colder though.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
35...LEGEND
Club Player

Solar wrote:
35...LEGEND wrote:

teaches me for watching the TV and typing..... murphy grabs the ball for australia and I type "buy a preimership....."

Understandable :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I cant understand this draw at all.

We finish top4.
We rate well on TV
We draw reasonable crowds

.....maybe they dont want Ben on TV to much.....

Seriously dissapointed and from Archies comments I get the feel the club are also (corporately anyway).

I was prepared to lose some Friday nights - to lose all bar 1 and pick up all the twighlights is twighlight zonish....

Be interested in what the clubs wish list was and whats being said to the AFL as Id think we could not have a draw like this for 2010 or corporately we will be in strife.

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

not unhappy with our draw, but they sure look after collingwood.

eighteen games in melbourne and the demons twice in the first half of the season.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Confirmed now. You are the winner of the DUMB, STUPID AND NO BRAIN poster award who obviously cannot understand English. I said the draw is great for who we play and where but not so great for making money.

oh when
Club Player

It's not a draw - it's a FIXture - fixed for Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and the interstate clubs. I think the other Clubs just make up the numbers.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Did Archie request a "Family Friendly" draw???

I doubt it...

BUT it suits me, and I will be taking my kiddies to the footy next year, and likely to buy an extra 2 reserved seats as a result of the FIXture.

This type of FIXture worked for the Hawks, and built up their membership base massively.

Whilst it looks like a corporate disaster, it's a family bonus.

Come on Archie - play the "Family" card like the Hawks did and spin it so we actually GROW our membership base as a result!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Did Archie request a "Family Friendly" draw???

I doubt it...

BUT it suits me, and I will be taking my kiddies to the footy next year, and likely to buy an extra 2 reserved seats as a result of the FIXture.

This type of FIXture worked for the Hawks, and built up their membership base massively.

Whilst it looks like a corporate disaster, it's a family bonus.

Come on Archie - play the "Family" card like the Hawks did and spin it so we actually GROW our membership base as a result!
Exactly...every timeslot suits someone and pysses off someone else. Just so happens that our marketing /corporate / sponsorship / membership people would be in the latter category unfortunately

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
homework wrote:Its s*** that we have 2 matches at AAMI in 2 weeks
read it properly .....
round one and round 9

what is shite is collingwood travelling out of melbourne for 3 games...
yup, thats right once to aami, once to anz and once to the gabba.

and we go to subbi twice..round 11 and round 18
What were you on yesterday, matrix?

We play at AAMI in rounds 2 and 5.

Subi once in round 15.

Collingwood play interstate 4 times.

I have no idea what draw you are using, your own maybe?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell