Coach gets Lyon's share of credit

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Do you feel belittled, degraded, abused and bullied by my previous post?

markp
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:this is lost dogs home make no mistake.
Personally, I only come to feed the animals !!!!
That's a bit ruff.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Notice the usual suspects including the incomparable St.Kunny are still trying to justify their hero and belittle Ross Lyon.

Beep beep beep - highly amusing.

All the sack Lyon brigade are making complete fools of themselves on this thread.

Just let it go FFS - it is really embarrassing the deflecting and smokescreening and rampant egotism of the Lyon haters.

You are all WRONG. Admit it and get on with your tawdry little lives.

You have been shown up for what you are. Not by anyone here but by the man himself.

Move on for Gods sake.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintly
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Notice the usual suspects including the incomparable St.Kunny are still trying to justify their hero and belittle Ross Lyon.

All the sack Lyon brigade are making complete fools of themselves on this thread.

Just let it go FFS - it is really embarrassing the deflecting and smokescreening and rampant egotism of the Lyon haters.

You have been shown up for what you are. Not by anyone here but by the man himself.

Move on for Gods sake.
i thought it was a good article. i didn't realise there would be 3 pages of pro GT and anti GT out of it!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote: i thought it was a good article. i didn't realise there would be 3 pages of pro GT and anti GT out of it!
there are some huge egos, saintly, that Ross lyon has bruised serverley.

You can tell with the comments about his coaching.

One of the greatest egotist said that he would be regarded as a good coach if he won a final - now he is only a good coach if he wins a PF :roll:

I suspect these egotists will forever be on the anti Lyon whinge because he has embarrassed them - with their asinine calls for his sacking, they have been made fools of - and i am afraid their ego's will prevent them from ever acknowledging him.

I mean one of the clowns wanted to project his performance in 2009 when he hasn't even finished for 2008 :roll:

Talk about an agenda. The most supporters of Lyon asked for was to give him a chance and reflect at seasons end on his ability or no. However the anti Lyon brigade demanded he change his gameplan, stated he was actively trying to end players careers (Dal and Milne - how have they reacted to their dropping BTW???), that he had lost the players, couldn't communicate, couldn't inspire, that he was not dedicated to the Saints, that he was a Sydney plant, that he was a Robert Walls plant, etc etc etc.

the abuse and agenda was incredibly hysterical and panicked.

Can you imagine us competing in a PF if we had of once again plunged the team into kaos once again by a mid year coach sacking.

Instead of acknowledging the fact that they were totally and hopelesly wrong, the usual suspects try to talk up a list (one that has been shown by MM and SrR with FACT, was being rundown and neglected) and pretend it is the same team as in 2005.

They cant accept that they were wrong to call for Lyons sacking mid season. They can bring themselves to acknowledge that Lyon has gelled the team together when it counted to grab a top four spot and to make a PF.

It is really pathetic. They keep trying to justify the unjustifable and it is tiresome for us who can see through the BS spin and embarrassing for them who cant understand that their stance was premature, immature, lacking in foresight, panicked, and totally without knowledge or acumen.

Time to let it go Lyon haters - you are beaten and look incredibly silly. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

saintly wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Notice the usual suspects including the incomparable St.Kunny are still trying to justify their hero and belittle Ross Lyon.

Move on for Gods sake.
i thought it was a good article. i didn't realise there would be 3 pages of pro GT and anti GT out of it!
There wasn't until a few jumped on to belittle the article.

Let's put this to rest forever...

GT = long gone.

Comparisons between list 04 and list 08 = purely subjective... different comp, we played teams at different stages of their development, different draw etc etc.. so no point comparing.

RL v GT = who cares. see above. Each coach should be judged on their own merits, and not by comparison.

List management = can't compare, coz back in 04, recruiting had one objective to win a flag... RL's recruiting is about building the team he wants to execute his gameplan.

Injury management = much better now... no comparison.

Game plan = jury is out.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
saintly wrote: i thought it was a good article. i didn't realise there would be 3 pages of pro GT and anti GT out of it!

One of the greatest egotist said that he would be regarded as a good coach if he won a final - now he is only a good coach if he wins a PF :roll:

I suspect these egotists will forever be on the anti Lyon whinge because he has embarrassed them - with their asinine calls for his sacking, they have been made fools of - and i am afraid their ego's will prevent them from ever acknowledging him.

I mean one of the clowns wanted to project his performance in 2009 when he hasn't even finished for 2008 :roll:

Talk about an agenda. The most supporters of Lyon asked for was to give him a chance and reflect at seasons end on his ability or no. However the anti Lyon brigade demanded he change his gameplan, stated he was actively trying to end players careers (Dal and Milne - how have they reacted to their dropping BTW???), that he had lost the players, couldn't communicate, couldn't inspire, that he was not dedicated to the Saints, that he was a Sydney plant, that he was a Robert Walls plant, etc etc etc.

Can you imagine us competing in a PF if we had of once again plunged the team into kaos once again by a mid year coach sacking.

Instead of acknowledging the fact that they were totally and hopelesly wrong, the usual suspects try to talk up a list (one that has been shown by MM and SrR with FACT, was being rundown and neglected) and pretend it is the same team as in 2005.

They cant accept that they were wrong to call for Lyons sacking mid season. They can bring themselves to acknowledge that Lyon has gelled the team together when it counted to grab a top four spot and to make a PF.

It is really pathetic. They keep trying to justify the unjustifable and it is tiresome for us who can see through the BS spin and embarrassing for them who cant understand that their stance was premature, immature, lacking in foresight, panicked, and totally without knowledge or acumen.

Time to let it go Lyon haters - you are beaten and look incredibly silly. :roll:
What can I say, except....

I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE POST!

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saints43
Club Player

It's hilarious that those who thought that missing the finals this year (and last) was an acceptable result given the clubs resources now declare "I was right, you were wrong".

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:It's hilarious that those who thought that missing the finals this year (and last) was an acceptable result given the clubs resources now declare "I was right, you were wrong".
Who said that?

What team from the STKFC missed the top four let alone the finals this year???

Never acceptable to miss the finals.

Completely unacceptable to call for the coaches sacking mid season when the outcome makes complete fools of those who called for it :roll:

Just more pathetic spin for the anti Lyon bruised ego brigade. :roll:

last time I looked we were in a PF.

Move On FFs :roll:

Lance or James??

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Funniest thing I've read in a while.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:[
Now while you it would seem are of the view that 2006 was an aberation under GT, to me it was reality and indicative of the decline that GT's mismangement of many years was resulting in.

We should have had a flag in 2004/2005...make no mistake. GT bungled it. Top 4 with the list that had been assembled was an underachievement.
Alright, ya got me, I can't resist, even though we've all said our parts 1000 times.

Let's take the coach's name out for a second.

2002: 5 wins, didn't take another wooden spoon, YAY.
2003:11 wins, Missed finals.
2004: 16 wins, first finals campaign for many players. Lost by a goal in the prelim (Guerra was legged!). Many for some reason assume we would have walked over the Lions regardless of preceding form (2 thumpings). Underachieved? Whatever.
2005: 14 wins, 4th place. Second finals campaign for many gets as far as prelim final, where we get knocked off by eventual premiers Sydney.
2006: 14 wins, missed top 4 by %. Lost elimination final when multiple injuries occured over the course of a single game. Poor selection perhaps, abberant year? Whatever.
2007: 11 Wins (and a draw). Missed finals.
2008: 13 Wins, back in the top 4. Now heading into another prelim...

The view of 2006 (quite apart from other reasons/excuses that can be presented for not having had a better H&A season) being viewed as either an abberation or a decline rests to a huge extent on the outcome of a single, unusual game - the Melbourne elimination final.

Rather, looking at the results in hindsight, I'd suggest that 2004 was the abberation: opposition wasn't ready for the level of improvement, and the 10 game winning streak boosted the winning record beyond expectation. I'd suggest 2007 was another abberation (for another set of reasons well covered and debated around ss).

On the strength of being in our 3rd prelim in 5 years, where somewhere around half of the 22 who will start this Sunday were selected for the Port prelim, our list is in a similar state to the skills of some of those remaining players... it's pretty good, but needs to take another final step (as Geelong has done) or two (there are two games yet to win to claim the big prize after all).

The sum being, Grant Thomas didn't get them to take that step... whether he could have or not is an opinion we can probably guess the stance of most posters on. Whether Lyon can is now the question. Concluding a decline on the basis of '06, let alone putting that decline at the door of a single individual probably tells us more about the concluder's preconceptions - it's a tough case to make given relative change in H&A results between 2005 and 2006 was the lowest of the decade.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Troll.

When bereft of a proper argument and out of spin and deflection, troll is the last option of the scoundrel.

Truly hilarious reading the spin BS of this anti Lyon bruised ego. Couple of weeks back Lyon was only a good coach if he won a final. Now he has done that and agine embarrassed RF and his foolish blatherings only a PF win will suffice for the mighty RF.

Changes like the wind does poor ol RF and his benchmarks :D

Acyually projected on Lyons performance for 2009 before the 2008 season is even completed :D :D

Really hilarious. Very embarrassing for the likes of super bruised ego RF but funny no the less.

Keep it up RF, we are all laughing like drains at you and your exceedingly discredited opinion.

Move on RF FGS your hero is gone and your nemisis RL has take the team to the same places in less time.

You will hate Lyon forever because of the fool he has made of you :D :D

Shadenfraude is a b!tch Rodge :wink:

Lance or James??

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

I'm confused here Joffaboy.

I have a couple of questions for you....

What is your grievance? Is it that you disagreed with people about a footy issue? Is that why you are so angry?

Are you upset because people suggested (incorrectly) that we sack a coach?

Do you really think Ross Lyon has 'proved he's a master coach'?

Your post really puzzles me, and concerns me to be honest.

Who, specifically said we should sack Lyon? And why does that upset you so much?

Why would the thought of Saints supporters wanting what they believe is best for the club, infuriate you so much?

What do you want these supposed 'Lyon haters' to do? You seem intent on some form of retribution towards them?

Why do you insist on breaking forum rules so consitently?

The Saints are in a prelim final! We're still alive in the last fortnight of September!

Why are you so upset about the views of other Saints fans?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Troll.

When bereft of a proper argument and out of spin and deflection, troll is the last option of the scoundrel.

Truly hilarious reading the spin BS of this anti Lyon bruised ego. Couple of weeks back Lyon was only a good coach if he won a final. Now he has done that and agine embarrassed RF and his foolish blatherings only a PF win will suffice for the mighty RF.

Changes like the wind does poor ol RF and his benchmarks :D

Acyually projected on Lyons performance for 2009 before the 2008 season is even completed :D :D

Really hilarious. Very embarrassing for the likes of super bruised ego RF but funny no the less.

Keep it up RF, we are all laughing like drains at you and your exceedingly discredited opinion.

Move on RF FGS your hero is gone and your nemisis RL has take the team to the same places in less time.

You will hate Lyon forever because of the fool he has made of you :D :D

Shadenfraude is a b!tch Rodge :wink:
Why does my opinion concern you so much?

For someone so angry about other people's opinions, it would be nice if you would actually take the time to read them properly.

If you read my posts, you'll probably be quite embarrassed about what you've posted in reference to me in this thread.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

[quote="rodgerfox']
I'm confused here Joffaboy

[/quote]

I suspect you are confused in most circumstances RodgerFox.

As for your questions? Why are you so interested in my opinions?

Why are you so angry? Mabye because we are in a PF? Mabye because your nemisis RL has made a fool of your blatherings?

Who knows, but it is very entertaining watching you and the usual suspects sounding like a Murray Walker sound bite.

Spin Spin Spin, round round round :D

Poor Rodge. :wink:

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

RL is going well as a coach and GT did well as a coach. Isnt Saturday more important than who has a bigger dick.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote: I'm confused here Joffaboy.
I suspect you are confused in most circumstances RodgerFox.

As for your questions? Why are you so interested in my opinions?

Why are you so angry? Mabye because we are in a PF? Mabye because your nemisis RL has made a fool of your blatherings?

Who knows, but it is very entertaining watching you and the usual suspects sounding like a Murray Walker sound bite.

Spin Spin Spin, round round round :D

Poor Rodge. :wink:
Ok, fair enough.

It was a long shot to think that a reasonable sensible discussion could take place.

Unsure why it has to be so difficult to be honest.

Opinions differ. Without differing opinions, there would be no discussion.

Why do people find it so hard to accept that others have different views?

I've made my opinions incredibly clear on all matters.

There's been no angst, vitriol, 'personal abuse' or defaming of anyone, or anything from me at all - whether that be a poster or an employee of the Saints.

I'm puzzled as to your reactions.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

For someone so angry about other people's opinions, it would be nice if you would actually take the time to read them properly.

If you read my posts, you'll probably be quite embarrassed about what you've posted in reference to me in this thread.
oh lol - Rodge plays the victim :D :D

Comes on here with a one line troll and then is all precious when he cops some flack back.

The only person embarrassed by your posts are you Rodger. Really it is quite funny.

As for angry. Only anger I see is from the anti Lyon bruised ego brigade headed by you because Ross Lyon has proven your silly opinions wrong.

I am not angry at all. I am very happy that we have made it deep into September.
I am also very happy that the embracers of kaos and mediocrity didn't get their way and have RL sacked as many wanted. Shows that cooler heads than the nobodies on an internet forum prevail when sense is required.

Move on Rodge. All this angst and justification of your discredited opinion on RL must surely be bad for yoru health. :D :D :D

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:RL is going well as a coach and GT did well as a coach. Isnt Saturday more important than who has a bigger dick.
I dont know have they measured them?? Is that a prerequisit for being a coach.

Aaron Fiora must be very pleased :D :D

Lance or James??

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

oh lol - Rodge plays the victim :D :D

Comes on here with a one line troll and then is all precious when he cops some flack back.

The only person embarrassed by your posts are you Rodger. Really it is quite funny.

As for angry. Only anger I see is from the anti Lyon bruised ego brigade headed by you because Ross Lyon has proven your silly opinions wrong.

I am not angry at all. I am very happy that we have made it deep into September.
I am also very happy that the embracers of kaos and mediocrity didn't get their way and have RL sacked as many wanted. Shows that cooler heads than the nobodies on an internet forum prevail when sense is required.

Move on Rodge. All this angst and justification of your discredited opinion on RL must surely be bad for yoru health. :D :D :D
Can you tell me what you think my opinion is?

Based on what you're writing, I'm pretty sure your view of what my opinion is is quite different to what I've been typing for the past 2 years.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Can you tell me what you think my opinion is?

Depends on what day it is :D :D

Mabye you better write a Fox Report so I can understand better :roll:

Lance or James??

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:RL is going well as a coach and GT did well as a coach. Isnt Saturday more important than who has a bigger dick.
...or in GT's case... who is a bigger dick?
The sum being, Grant Thomas didn't get them to take that step... whether he could have or not is an opinion we can probably guess the stance of most posters on. Whether Lyon can is now the question. Concluding a decline on the basis of '06, let alone putting that decline at the door of a single individual probably tells us more about the concluder's preconceptions - it's a tough case to make given relative change in H&A results between 2005 and 2006 was the lowest of the decade.
Sorry.. no room for intelligence on this forum. :lol:

Decline or injuries? Like you say... we can only summize. Let's look fwd.

You cannot change what's past.

I think JB summed it up nicely. All some of us wanted was that certain supporters be patient.. not hose who were critical of Lyon, but the one's calling for his sacking this year.

Lyon supporters have also criticised him on occasion.

What appears to have happened is that whenever an article paraises RL, some come on here and carry on that it's all "crap" and where we are is because of GT blah blah blah.

Anyone who uses these articles to porvoke the pro-GT crowd are equaully to blame. IMHO.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote: Can you tell me what you think my opinion is?

Depends on what day it is :D :D

Mabye you better write a Fox Report so I can understand better :roll:
I'll make it easy for you....

Please produce one post, or even easier - one single sentence where I have said Lyon should be sacked.

Just one will do.

In the meantime, I'll produce a few where I've clearly stated we should not and can not sack another coach.

Ok?

Also, whilst you're at it, see if you can find one single sentence I've written which has been offensive in any way to Ross Lyon as a person, his family or anything outside of my views as his ability to coach a footy team.

Just one.

Joffaboy, what you're writing is simply not true. Take the time to read what I've written, and you'll that you're way off track.

Not everyone sees just black and white. Not everyone either loves someone, or hates them.

It is possible to like someone as a person, yet not think they are a good coach.

It is also possible to not think someone is a master coach, but also not think they are pathetic.

It's also possible to not love or hate Grant Thomas.

Based on your posts over the years, I do understand that you will find this difficult to comprehend.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
...or in GT's case... who is a bigger dick?
Sorry.. no room for intelligence on this forum. :lol:

Decline or injuries? Like you say... we can only summize. Let's look fwd.

You cannot change what's past.

I think JB summed it up nicely. All some of us wanted was that certain supporters be patient.. not hose who were critical of Lyon, but the one's calling for his sacking this year.

Lyon supporters have also criticised him on occasion.

What appears to have happened is that whenever an article paraises RL, some come on here and carry on that it's all "crap" and where we are is because of GT blah blah blah.

Anyone who uses these articles to porvoke the pro-GT crowd are equaully to blame. IMHO.
Luckily your first comment doesnt do what your last comment suggests.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
You're misquoting Joffaboy badly there.

That's not what he has written at all.