Milney's act

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Clear free kick.......ask any NEUTRAL supporter......open the other eye...
if you can give away a free for hands in the back in a marking contest or taking the arms.....elbowing someone in the back out of general play will ALWAYS draw a free......

I will say it again.....totally unnecessary.....disagree with that, you are an assclown

Yes it does make a difference, lack of discipline was why he was dropped in R12.......this was the 'bad Milne' we hate to see......and why he has zero respect in the WIDER football community.....even though his record stacks up.....
That was the worst free kick decision I have seen in a decade.

Give Milney some break!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

You guys are seriously biased to the point of stupidity......

I would have loved to see the moaning if Millburn put Harvey down in the GS at the other end, after a goal......acting or otherwise....

It was not fierce contact - I am not saying that.......IT WAS UNECESSARY, was it not?????......did he need to do it????....was it showing any assemblance of toughness (if he was going to give a free away do it properly and at least gain some respect)......what it was, was STUPID and right in front of the umpire.....

More questions - again answer honestly

Did his elbow make contact in Johnson's back????
Yes/No
if it did, under the push in the back rule
was it a free Kick???
Yes/No

You don't give frees for HOW hard you push....it's whether you do....

There is some seriously dumb supporters, seriously

and BTW.....I have played plenty of footy, and those who have seen me have a kick can atest to this.....and I do not give away soft free kicks that penalise my team mates.....

It was a 'SOFT FREE'.......which is what pissed me off.....but it was definately there.....and Mcinerny was in his rights to pay it....

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:
NoMore wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Milne was stiff. Max should have known better and deserves a spray.

Oh yeah, Max is a hero and therefore untouchable. :roll:
That wasn't a free kick either.

Max made no contact

Ottens Melon size head just got outside his base of support and he toppled over
Can someone point me to the rule that says you can "not push a player in the side during a marking attempt once the ball has made contact"
As far as I saw the ball hit Ottens hands, & max pushed him in the side, causing him to spill the mark.
If it was an incorrect decision I can wear that, but...
Max didnt make contact prior to the ball arriving.
Max didnt chop arms.
Max didnt push in the back.

I have no doubt that it was a bad decision that pushed Milne to do what he did. I have no doubt that Johnson took a dive.
And I have no doubt that Bigmart is a fool.
I was refering to the stupid 50m penalty he gave away in the 1st for late contact.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Grimfang
Club Player

You've got to be kidding me, BigMart. That happens five or six times a game with nary a mention. If it wasn't for a Logie-winning performance and an umpire with slightly less nous than your average dung-beetle, it would have been ignored as it always is.

FFS, the only time you see frees given in that situation is for what happened when the little pr!ck ran at Blakey.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Can't believe this thread is now 4 pages long :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
sax
Club Player

BigMart wrote:You guys are seriously biased to the point of stupidity......

I would have loved to see the moaning if Millburn put Harvey down in the GS at the other end, after a goal......acting or otherwise....

It was not fierce contact - I am not saying that.......IT WAS UNECESSARY, was it not?????......did he need to do it????....was it showing any assemblance of toughness (if he was going to give a free away do it properly and at least gain some respect)......what it was, was STUPID and right in front of the umpire.....

More questions - again answer honestly

Did his elbow make contact in Johnson's back????
Yes/No
if it did, under the push in the back rule
was it a free Kick???
Yes/No

You don't give frees for HOW hard you push....it's whether you do....

There is some seriously dumb supporters, seriously

and BTW.....I have played plenty of footy, and those who have seen me have a kick can atest to this.....and I do not give away soft free kicks that penalise my team mates.....

It was a 'SOFT FREE'.......which is what pissed me off.....but it was definately there.....and Mcinerny was in his rights to pay it....
I sat at home and watched it on TV (coz I'm in SA)
THE COMMENTATORS SAID " It was an act of stupidity on Milnes behalf, but the freekick was extremely questionable.'
Bigmart, YOU are the ASSCLOWN, no need to abuse people, call them biased AND dumb supporters, when CLEARY you've got it in for Milney and have tunnel vision.
Seriously, it's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black!

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

*coughcoughDalSantocoughcough*

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why would I be biased against Milney....when he has kicked 300 goals...

I think he can be a great player.....at times...a lot of times.....I love the dog, but this was another example of stupidity....which costs him the respect he deserves, and the selfishness he gets accused of...

But this was a stupid free kick......was it not????

was it there???? yes....why, because he intentionally pushed a player in the back RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE UMPIRE, 5 meters from goals......cannot get any dumber than that (well maybe a supporter who thinks it was acceptable) - regardless of the force....infact if he really dumped him, at least it would have achieved someting other than that....a penalty to his team-mates..

Should we ask Ross Lyon to give his opinion - would he say, doesn't matter we were ten goals down.....time to be undisciplined.....NO

we OWE.....Harvey, Hayes, Riewoldt more than that.......

yes it does happen all the time....but not 5m from the goals, 2m from the umpire

bergsone
SS Life Member

Hands up who would not have tried to milk a goal out of it,especially way umps are nowdays

Be honest

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah it was soft
but with the way umps pay stuff and report players for barely touching someone, he should have known better.

would have been better to get in his ear, up nice and close and say something that cut to the bone.

on max's 50...i thought that was a bit harsh too.
u are told to hit the footy and the contest hard, so he did,
how the friggin hell was he sposed to pull up at the last millisecond?
u either go.....or u dont
when they dont players get called soft.

no way was it a 50 in the context of them game
its finals
players are going in head first and fast
have a think about it umpire
:roll:

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:But this was a stupid free kick......was it not????
Absolutely - I didn't think it was a selfish act as in the OP but a foolish one. I think the selfish tag is more appropriate for things that are done where you put yourself ahead of your team mates. Milne would probably have felt that he was doing a team thing in trying to upset Johnson. Even if it was stupid.

And the fact that it is a rarely paid free kick for an act that occurs regularly obviously rankles many here.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

marto do you think getting reported was selfish by lenny. Curious about the difference....

I think that if the situation was similar I would like a bigger bloke to do it and make sure that prick doesn't get up.

I could get you a few video's of bombers teams where every single player was kidney punching saints players during the game....

What I'm suprised about is why he wasn't reported. We have had players go for less.

Piss weak by steve johnson and I hope this doesn't EVER decide a grand final.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bergsone
SS Life Member

if it does decide a GF guy that takes the dive will be a hero,hope its a saint

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

sax wrote:

At the end of the day...the only thing stupid about this whole rant is:
1: Johnson who took the biggest dive on the MCG for the whole world to see.
2: The moron umpire that fell for it.
3: Bigmart.

PS Harvey would never take a dive like that.

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

WayneJudson42 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
NoMore wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Milne was stiff. Max should have known better and deserves a spray.

Oh yeah, Max is a hero and therefore untouchable. :roll:
That wasn't a free kick either.

Max made no contact

Ottens Melon size head just got outside his base of support and he toppled over
Can someone point me to the rule that says you can "not push a player in the side during a marking attempt once the ball has made contact"
As far as I saw the ball hit Ottens hands, & max pushed him in the side, causing him to spill the mark.
If it was an incorrect decision I can wear that, but...
Max didnt make contact prior to the ball arriving.
Max didnt chop arms.
Max didnt push in the back.

I have no doubt that it was a bad decision that pushed Milne to do what he did. I have no doubt that Johnson took a dive.
And I have no doubt that Bigmart is a fool.
I was refering to the stupid 50m penalty he gave away in the 1st for late contact.
Wasnt that against Mooney?

Seeya
backit
Club Player

I remember looking at it on the big screen when they played it about three times and what I remember was milne reacting to johnston giving him sly jab in the midriff.

I would be interested if anyone taped the game and see's if that is what caused milney to do what he did which was soft and always going to be paid when it happend in front of an umpire caught up in his own self importance on the big stage.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

On the replay I'm watching I couldn't see what p155ed Milney off to begin with, but it really was an undisciplined act.

Selfish? I don't know, possibly, as it was only going to benefit himself by retaliating. Certainly was'nt a selfless act.

Foolish? Hell yes, FFS he almost had to push the umpire out of the way to get to Johnson, really really stupid that close to the ump.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Thank-you......some people have some sense......

some have one eye in one sense

and NO eye in another sense.....no idea that is

Furphy
Club Player

Pathetic free kick, barely brushed his back. This assumption of righteousness that Geelong gets from the umpires, media and AFL that Hawthorn and Carlton had in the 70's & 80's really annoys me!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

The original post is a joke, much like the free kick was.... Johnson went down like a sack of spuds and the ump got sucked in bad... Johnson knew it by the smile on his face straight after...

Good on him for milking the free; the Cats acted on numorous occasions and are good at bluffing the umps... comes with confidence i guess...

But the inital act had nothing in it, and to call milney selfish and talk about letting himself down is ridiculous... Similar, if not worse, bumps happen around ball up contests all day... Dal must have an imprint of Lings elbow on his back... No free's...

Cant blame Yap for umpire overreaction.... Thats footy..

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I have heard it all now......I have canvassed many non-saints supporters over this.....typical Milne was their response and obvious free kick was there other.......soft or not, it was there....

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

As always, we just want consistency. If that was 'there' as you put it, it should be paid each and every time. But it's not; most of the time weak little nudges like that go unpunished. Was it silly? yes, probably. But usually has no consequences. This time it did. I'd be fine with that if they all attracted a suitable punishment, but they just don't. Only when pissant umpires want their heads on TV.

yipper
SS Life Member

St DAC wrote:As always, we just want consistency. If that was 'there' as you put it, it should be paid each and every time. But it's not; most of the time weak little nudges like that go unpunished. Was it silly? yes, probably. But usually has no consequences. This time it did. I'd be fine with that if they all attracted a suitable punishment, but they just don't. Only when pissant umpires want their heads on TV.
Quite simply the most ridiculous piece of umpiring for the whole year. How any umpire, let alone an AFL one, could feel happy with his performance after that decision has me staggered. Just a completely mindless piece of umpiring.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
HarveysDeciple

it's amazing the way the afl umpiring fraternity works.....Milne gets ridden into the ground in the first minute, no free kick, yet something soft and irrelevant like this warrants us giving up a goal?

Pathetic.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Yep. That umpire embarrassed himself IMO.