Should Schnieder be DROPPED? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergsone
SS Life Member

Just hope he isnt another C Gardiner ,plays well 1 week unsighted next 3.At least his better games produce goals ,unlike Charlie

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Running into some match fitness? Or just a coincidence?
difinitely getting fitter... 6 weeks ago he was carrying an obvious spare tire.. i was calling him pork chop in the stands.... clearly the young man can play, and is hitting form at the right time of year.. good news..
Yep when he plays well he looks fit. If he does nothing next week he will be fat and unfit again. Changes like the wind.
get a tape and watch a game from 8 weeks ago... tell me if you can see his belly button through his jumper...

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Just hope he isnt another C Gardiner ,plays well 1 week unsighted next 3
He kicked three the week before the Freo game :?

He's fourth on our overall goalkicking; not bad for a guy who's missed six games.

Averages 15.4 touches, 2.3 tackles and 1.5 goals - and he's going to get better.

We really need him. Pair him up with a fit X Clarke on the other flank, and I reckon that's a serious September weapon.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Running into some match fitness? Or just a coincidence?
difinitely getting fitter... 6 weeks ago he was carrying an obvious spare tire.. i was calling him pork chop in the stands.... clearly the young man can play, and is hitting form at the right time of year.. good news..
Yep when he plays well he looks fit. If he does nothing next week he will be fat and unfit again. Changes like the wind.
get a tape and watch a game from 8 weeks ago... tell me if you can see his belly button through his jumper...
Doesnt look any different to me but dont worry he will be unfit again next poor game.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Doesnt look any different to me but dont worry he will be unfit again next poor game.
So what is your actual opinion of Schneider?

Is he good for our team or not?
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 20 Aug 2008 12:09am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
So what is your actual opinion of Schneider?

Is he god for our team or not?
I have never thought he wasnt. Still think he will be an important player for us. Having said that was very lucky to keep his spot during the year.

stkfc1
Club Player

while i agree schnides hasn't set the world on fire (like some of his other team mates) this year he is starting to show the x factor that R.L wanted him for. For pick 26 along with Demps who has been pretty solid all year it's given us two guys along with Kingy who, when finals come around (for the love of god we'd better make it) know what is to be expected. That sought of experience will be vital and could be the thing that gets us over the line in one of them. G.F hopefully! 8-)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
[

I have never thought he wasnt. Still think he will be an important player for us. Having said that was very lucky to keep his spot during the year.
Yes he was as was out of form.

I guess Lyon had faith that once fully fit, and match fit, that he would recover his Sydney form.

Ceartainly for Sept success we need some players such as Schneider to find consistent and best form.

Roo has ramped up.

Dal has dipped..hopefully inly tonsilitis and short lived?

We need Ball back...and X too.

Milne to keep playing like he did against Freo.....and Joey.

Raph too

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Having both Schneider and Milne in the team has proven to be great for both players. It's extremely difficult to match up on both of them, and I think they have taught each other some good skills.

Schneider is a guy who can pull a goal from nowhere (and usually does), which has kept us in it at crucial stages of games, where any scores to us were against the flow of play. The type of player who can give opposition coaches a headache, and now we have two of them :D

His first half of the season was shocking. Perhaps lack of fitness, perhaps lack of effort, or maybe a bit of both. He is showing now that he was worth pick #26. (With Dempster also proving he'd be worth around a pick #40 on his own.)

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote:Having both Schneider and Milne in the team has proven to be great for both players. It's extremely difficult to match up on both of them, and I think they have taught each other some good skills.

Schneider is a guy who can pull a goal from nowhere (and usually does), which has kept us in it at crucial stages of games, where any scores to us were against the flow of play. The type of player who can give opposition coaches a headache, and now we have two of them :D

His first half of the season was shocking. Perhaps lack of fitness, perhaps lack of effort, or maybe a bit of both. He is showing now that he was worth pick #26. (With Dempster also proving he'd be worth around a pick #40 on his own.)
Agree. New players take time to settle. Well, most of them do anyway. had a bad pre-season. Same goes with Dempster.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.