Footy Confidential

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Who has argued he is "squeeky (sic) clean"?
Again with you, as is the form, adopt a typically moronic line of argument more befitting Pauline Hanson or George Bush.

WTF? Do explain, oh guru. Did I accuse you of this?

I see you've hopped down from the high horse for 5 minutes to indulge in some abusive of your own. Again, true to form, selective quoting because you can't debate topics on their merits.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You are THE expert at selective responses. I will reserve my right to call it as I see it, just as you do. Never called you a moron, have I?

What topic would you like debated on it's merit? Read the thread again. I've stated that as a board member at the time, I find it hard to cop that he knew nothing about the sacking. How hard is it to understand that?

I've made posts, and bro... you're the one that's called me names from day one. So don't even go down that path. And you have a gall to call me a hypocrite? If you want respect, try affording some to others.

Is the noise by the RB haters who try and argue that GT is squeeky clean, in order to vindicate their stance.

High horse? Just stating an observation. See above. Who said it was aimed at you? Hat fit, does it? Nowhere on this thread do I see anyone say "Oh dear, the GT lovers are trying to blame RB for everything".

As soon as someone questions GT's integrity, the usual (yourself included) come ot the rescue. And babble on about GT haters.

Feel free to take me to task if I’ve posted anything about Sir Rod, but from where I sit, Rod has just about written the book on how not to run a football club.

Agree. I have posted adnauseum that both of them should get farked.

Just because I think the anti-GT rhetoric is way over the top, it doesn't mean I agree with every decision or thing he says.

It can easily comes across that way, JD.

Here's the deal son: you wanna play attack dog? Fine. But if I hit you on the head with a baseball bat... don't squeal like a little shiela.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
JeffDunne

Who said it was aimed at you?
As soon as someone questions GT's integrity, the usual (yourself included) come ot the rescue
If you're going to have a go at someone at least have the balls to not weazel out of it.

Who are these "RB haters" that you were directing that comment at if I wasn't one of them?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Thomas was an uninvited guest sitting in the back of the coaches box during Blight's time as coach
Well, at least he knew which coaches box to sit in :roll: :wink: !!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ok, I'll pay that,

amazing isn't it how things have improved since Lyon started playing some kids,

now who was it again who was suggesting this 12 months ago?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Not weazeling out of anything, pal. So the hat must fit?

As soon as someone questions GT's integrity, the usual (yourself included) come ot the rescue

Yes, this WAS aimed at you... hence the (yourself included) comment :D

My statement about who'd want to take the job is based on the premise that of all the ex-coaches available, as well as the top assist coaches available, no one would have taken the senior job?

Unless your comment was merely a supposition. If you stated it categorically, then I think it's dumb.

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it mate.

If the club did not make every possible attempt to find an alternative, then they were derelict in their duties.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

I see you've hopped down from the high horse for 5 minutes to indulge in some abusive of your own. Again, true to form, selective quoting because you can't debate topics on their merits.

I see you're true to form, and haven't replied to...

I've made posts, and bro... you're the one that's called me names from day one. So don't even go down that path. And you have a gall to call me a hypocrite?

or...

What topic would you like debated on it's merit? Read the thread again. I've stated that as a board member at the time, I find it hard to cop that he knew nothing about the sacking. How hard is it to understand that?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote: the GT doll worshipers
I seem to remember this phrase having been first coined by a perspicacious individual, let's be honest here, it would fair to say, a visionary.

What is it they say, plagiarism is the highest form of flattery,

well thankyou very much 8-)

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Maybe I'm a B4E dolll worshiper?? :lol:

Despite your obsessions with GT, I actually agrre with some of your stuff.

The kids should have been playing back in 05 for that matter. :wink:

JeffDunne

Huh?

I didn't selectively quote anything that changed the context of what you said. That is the issue.

The point of mine you highlighted and ridiculed was that I suggested we were always going to struggle to find a new coach that wasn't a huge risk. Rather than debate that point you'd prefer to participate in a pissing contest. I'd prefer to debate the topic personally.

On your last point, of course he knew about the sacking before it happened. His explanation on SEN was exactly how he was told what the rest of the admin thought. They discussed it, the decision was made, and he was sacked.

Now like I've said, there's a whole swag of people that could dispute that account of events but the fact of matter is not one has. Surely if Caro has heard 'wispers', it wouldn't be too hard for her to a quote out of Rod. Christ she got enough from him while he was president of the club.

JeffDunne

barks4eva wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote: the GT doll worshipers
I seem to remember this phrase having been first coined by a perspicacious individual, let's be honest here, it would fair to say, a visionary.

What is it they say, plagiarism is the highest form of flattery,

well thankyou very much 8-)
Wayne wouldn't know that.

He's new to Saintsational.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Thomas was an uninvited guest sitting in the back of the coaches box during Blight's time as coach
Well, at least he knew which coaches box to sit in :roll: :wink: !!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ok, I'll pay that,

amazing isn't it how things have improved since Lyon started playing some kids,

now who was it again who was suggesting this 12 months ago?
GuruBarks?
:)

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Go back and read my posts JD. I've been following this forum for 2 years, so I'm up to speed on most people and their vernacular.

Especially B4E's.

There you go again... jumping in with unsubstantiated assumptions that are clever enough to imply that I'm not new.. yet cleverly worded so that you can absolve yourself from any accusations.

Are you a politician by any chance?

Ho hum :roll:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Maybe I'm a B4E dolll worshiper?? :lol:
Mate if you are, aside from showing obvious good taste and a fair degree of perspicacity,

providing you look like either Lenny Hayes or Michael Rix,

perhaps you go one better and avail yourself of the real thing :wink:

JeffDunne

No suggestions on who we could have signed as coach Wayne?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

The point of mine you highlighted and ridiculed was that I suggested we were always going to struggle to find a new coach that wasn't a huge risk. Rather than debate that point you'd prefer to participate in a pissing contest. I'd prefer to debate the topic personally.
Not pi$$ing at all, mate.

How many times do I need to explain it to you?

Anyone else and I probably would have replied differently.

As it was YOU, I replied in a manner based on YOUR abuse on me.

If you still don't get it, you either don't want to, or can't.

You wanna call me names, and what? I have to roll over like your little gymp and take it up the clacker? Get real. Ain't gunna happen.

Pull your head in , and I won't shoot back at you. Simple.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

No suggestions on who we could have signed as coach Wayne?

No I don't dipshyt. Can't recall everyone who was doing the rounds back then.

Was Eade approached? Was Suntan approached? Bond? Anyone else?

And yes, I'm aware that the above 2 weren't available at the end of '01.

Perhaps you can enlighten me on a list of people who told you they were not interested... seeing you made the comment.

Now you're starting to bore me with your pi$$ing contest.

Oh, wait. Does tha make me a hypocrite or a weazel?

Let me second guess you here... In your next reply...

You are about to hang your hat based on my reply, and a lack of names, aren't you?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

providing you look like either Lenny Hayes or Michael Rix,

Sorry B4E, more like Gary Lyon's body and Guerra's head before the yeah-yeah treatment.
:lol:

JeffDunne

Wayne you sound rattled.

Read back through the thread and see who started this pissing contest.

I think you might feel a little embarrassed.

As for your "list of people who told you they were not interested" comment, that's the sort of nonsense I'm talking about that leads to pissing contests.

Clearly what I posted was nothing more than my opinion based on observation. Never did I come close to suggesting I'd been told anything.

Need I remind you this is the post you made in reply to my point on finding a replacement.
WayneJudson42 wrote:FFS, even assuming Blight was sacked for the right reasons then who in god's name was going to take on the job?

Wasn't Connoly still available?

Ok with GT in a caretaker possie, but don't tell me that the club should not have been turning over every last stone to find a better coach during his care-taker tenure.

What a load of crap! :roll:

To say that no one would have taken up the position would have to be one of the dumbest arguements I've heard from the GT doll worshipers.

He was thrown out of Blight's box just as he was thrown out of Pagan's box. He lied outright (as did Butthead) about his appintment.

F***, some of you are in denial. Ok, he coached us well. but for FFS... smell the coffee and stop smelling the glue. FFS.

Ok, I'm calm now :wink:
Now considering you think it's one of "dumbest arguements" you've heard, surely it's not asking too much for you to nominate one or two people that would have been clearly better coaches. I mean if the argument is so dumb, it should be easy shouldn't it?

FWIW, I have never defended the decision to not explore more options. Not sure where you pulled that from but I understand why they may have been comfortable going with Thomas.

I can see the decision to sack Blight and appoint Thomas as two separate decisions because I've seen not one shred of evidence to suggest that one was orchestrated to facilitate the other.

Why people want to continue to perpetuate that myth is beyond me. Especially St Kilda supporters.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:providing you look like either Lenny Hayes or Michael Rix,

Sorry B4E, more like Gary Lyon's body and Guerra's head before the yeah-yeah treatment.
Spose you'll have to make do with the inflatable, but if it somehow succumbs to a little prick, I can offer you another one at mates rates :wink:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote: I can see the decision to sack Blight and appoint Thomas as two separate decisions because I've seen not one shred of evidence to suggest that one was orchestrated to facilitate the other.
Joining the dots has always been a challenge for you, Jeffrey, but then again, we live in a country that elected Howard four times, so if it's of any comfort to you, you're far from alone.

JeffDunne

So you believe Blight was hired with the sole intention of GT becoming coach?

Wouldn't it have been easier (& cheaper) for GT to have taken the role when first asked after Timmy wanted to step aside?

Or is that a myth too that shallow people like myself believe because both men have puplicly stated that was the case?

I'm still waiting for you to put up on the white-anting claims Andrew. You've gone to water on that issue.

groupie1
Club Player

crap

This topic is crap and boring but the guy called 'Stinger' created a brilliant name for rat bag Hutchinson - Mud Guards Hutchinson - good work mate, I think that'll stick

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Maybe I'm a B4E dolll worshiper?? :lol:

Despite your obsessions with GT, I actually agrre with some of your stuff.

The kids should have been playing back in 05 for that matter. :wink:
The kids were played in 2005 thats what people forget. X, Raph, Dal, Joey, Goose. How many should we play? Probably just as many kids 21 and under as played this year.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:So you believe Blight was hired with the sole intention of GT becoming coach?
NO that's NOT what I wrote.

I never once wrote that, in answer to your question or assumption.

FWIW, reckon and have done so for 7 years, jeffrey, that Butterss and Thomas TOGETHER hired Blight in good faith on ONE MILLION a year, then somewhere along the line, without much time having elapsed and us still not winning games, Thomas would sit in the back of the coaches box, uninvited and observe the goings on.

At one time he was even ejected from the coaches box, getting warmer jeffrey?

Thought NOT!

At some point, IMO, Thomas probably thought he could do a better job for around half the money.

Remembering of course that both he and his best mate at the time Butterss were pretty much running the show, it was decided mutually between the two to exit Blight out and install Thomas as the new coach.

Then we had the sham process, which was nothing more than that.

Thomas gets the job and a loan from Butterss, all around the same time.

Joined the dots yet, jeffrey?

Thought NOT!

FAIR DINKUM

JeffDunne

Ejected? I see you’ve picked up on the rhetoric of the publication you despise.

It's not uncommon for a coach’s boss to sit in the box.

It's not uncommon for a coach to bitch about it.

In fact I know it's happening at clubs as recently as the past fortnight.

As for GT & RB getting together and plotting the downfall, as I keep repeating, the account given by GT has not been disputed by any of the parties involved. RB included.

Do I think the loan had anything to do with GT getting the job? Of course I do. But I suspect the loan was a result of the decision to make him coach, not the reason for it.

Again I ask Andrew, if you believe what you post then why is GT the focus of your hate campaign and not the president you lobbied to keep in the job?

If what you say is true, RB as president is surely the most culpable?

No?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I don't know if Caro writes Fact,Fiction or Faction,but whatever the case , her articles are normally well written......

It doesn't bother me if no one likes her , i'd still give her one.......

I wonder if she's as hirsute as Gary Lyon....

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D