Changes if any next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

From what I saw at training today I would think there will be 2 changes.

McEvoy and Geary in for Kosi obviously and one of Gilbert, Armitage and Fiora.

I lean towards Armitage being ommitted, only because he doesn't get much game time. Subiaco is a rather large ground and if Armo is not up to Docklands, he may enjoy a rest.

Having said that Allen and Michael Gardiner may be in the mix. Gardiner doesn't look ready to me and anyway I reckon Blake will tag Cox.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
wheels4

out: kosi
in: m.gardiner

Gardiner can play at full-forward if needed and have either BJ, blake or S.Fisher playing their aswell

If we are to bring in a pure forward i would pick Ferguson
he has shown more than Allen and C.Gardiner
Played well against Melbourne and i reckon will be a good solid player

Geary is a possibility but i dont think Armo warrants a dropping or Eddy
Birss is pushing for selection aswell

I don't no if Bakes and X Clarke are fit but i would think bakes is a walk-up in our best 22 and X.Clarke is in best 26. X.Clarke and Fiora play same role so i would pick out of those 2.

I wouldn't change the team unless there is an obvious improvement in the replacement. e.g. geary for armo i dont think is needed because we have been winning lately.

Heard Banger walked off track early i wouldn't be to anxious he's done this many a time and still played.
No Casey match so i reckon most of the team will head down to Perth,

hope we have a good win

Banger
nicko016
Club Player

If they make more than one change and feel the need to bring in another forward as well as a ruckmen Geary could be a player they could bring in as a half-forward/midfielder. Say Gardiner comes in, that means he can push forward as could BJ if needed which means it wouldn't necessarily have to be a taller forward. However, the player that wouldmost likely be dropped would be Armitage who plays that role anyway. Nevertheless, it's something interesting to consider as Geary has kicked 9 goals in his past 3 games for Casey.

Regardless, my changes would just be:

Out- Kosi
In- M Gardiner

However if Harvey doesn't come up or they decide to give Armo a rest then Geary should be the player to come in.

casey scorp
Club Player

Out - Kosi
In - Ferguson

Red
Club Player

They should rest Harvey. Nothing game.

casey scorp
Club Player

I think you are probably right - it would just let him avoid the flight there and back. If so, Geary in.

adobe
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:In: M Gardiner, R Clarke and L Fisher
Out: S Gilbert, R Eddy and A Fiora

(Kosi - it's nothing)
HAVING WATCHED Michael RIX IN A NUMBER OF GAMES WITH THE CASEY SCORPIONS YOU WOULD NOT GET A PLAYER WITH A BIGGER HEART (MAYBE C. JONES) HE CAN TAKE MARKS AROUND THE GROUND AND CAN KICK A GOAL AS OPPOSED TO M> GARDINER AND S.KING . THERE IS MORE TO A RUCKMAN THAN JUST WINNING CENTRE BOUNCES. I THINK HE DESERVES ANOTHER GAME FOR ST. KILDA