Dal Santo DROPPED!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:yep Dal Santo was a dangerous threat to playing football with flare instead of the quality grinding defencive work we want going into the future.

:roll:
Easy to look flashy and skip around and look like a South American soccer player :wink:
and yet he is ahead of 20 OTHER players in the team for tackles.

talk about a team lacking hardness you drop your 3rd hardest player on form and keep your soft players at the bottom of the team.

everyone goes on about clint jones hardness how many frikken effective tackles has he laid on in 2008?

Dal santo is ten times the player Clint Jones is, or schneider, or dempster or charlie gardner and YET manages to be harder than the afore mentioned.
Yeah but Dan you are still comparing our players against players in the Saints team and not the benchmark teams. People are going to be so divided on this and don't you think that RL will be expecting a barrage from it but maybe this is what he wants and that is for everyone to debate who should be dropped ahead of who. Joey is going to hear loud and clear this week how a lot of supporters thought he should have been dropped ahead of Dal. If he doesn't respond he will surely be dropped next.
I don't think that's sinking in Cairnsman, comparing crap with crap isn't anyway to set a benchmark. Everyone has their opinion though.

wheels4

look at these stats from the last few games against fremantle

rd 20, 07
montagna/ 23 disposals; 6 marks; 1 goal; 3 tackles; 5 I50s
dal santo/ 21 disposals; 3 marks; 1 goal; 3 tackles; 4 I50's

round 9, 07
montagna/ did not play
dal santo/ 23 disposals; 1 mark; 1 goal 1 behind; 3 tackles; 5 I50's

round 20, 06
montagna/ 21 disposals; 4 marks; 4 tackles; 0 goals
dal santo/ 15 disposals; 5 marks; 1 goal; 6 tackles

round 5, 06
montagna/ 14 disposals; 5 marks; 1 goal 1 behind; 3 tackles
dal santo/ 21 disposals; 4 marks; 1 goal; 3 tackles

last 4 games against dockers (3 montagna) ;per game averages

montagna; 19.3 disposals; 5 marks; 0.7 goals; 3.3 tackles
dal santo; 20 disposals; 3.25 marks; 1.02 goals; 3.75 tackles

dal just a bit better against the dockers it seems so it must not be because of form vs. fremantle

Banger
markp
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:Agree that there are plenty of players in the side not performing as well as Dal.

But Dal is also cruising, and failing to deliver what he is capable of.
Whilst a guy like Blake is busting his guts trying, even if his skills aren't up to it.

This is a "line in the sand" move from Lyon.
Everyone needs to play to their own capability, not just match what teammates are doing.

I fully support this.
And other players need to be told that they are playing for their place on the list next year.

Whilst it obviously is borne out of frustration and almost desperation, it is an appropriate response given our plight.
Good move from Ross.
I agree... Dal is brilliant, but too often seems content to cruise and do just enough. Symptomatic of the team and this season as a whole you could suggest.

Possibly there is more to this story than we'll know too....

It may prove in time to be the best thing for him... and us (here's hoping).

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I don't see how 22 effective disposals and 2.9 effective tackles per game for 2008 from 80% game time is a bad season for a wingman, on baller?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

If it's apples and apples on the tackles stat we're after, Nick Dal Santo is ranked 4th at the Saints and is part of a 7 way tie for 80th in the AFL for tackles.

For further context of what 4th at the Saints means, in the same range of players (ie, top 87) there are only 2 teams who have less players in this range, West Coast and Fremantle. Tied with St Kilda are Melbourne, Port, the Dogs, and surprisingly the unsociable Hawthorn. The highest result, shared by 6 teams, is 7 players in this range.

Dal's therefore not setting the world on fire with his tackling compared to seasons past (2007 he was 42nd, 2006 he was 14th in the AFL, 2005 he was 26th)... though he'd still be top 10 at any club in the league, the message is that he should be top 10 IN the league.

Anyway, those are the numbers.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

OUT:
milne, Dalsanto , Gardy, Schneider

IN:
mcevoy Eddy Armo Allen

Good selections, Dal Does need a wake up call. so does milney,
Harvey under a injury cloud still,
Last edited by Ralphy on Thu 19 Jun 2008 6:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

SainterX
Club Player

Guess Ross Lyon still is a Sydney man. Wants to make sure nobody from St Kilda ever gets near the consecutive games record that Bulletproof Goodes will soon set.

Good on ya Ross. F**kwit.

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterX wrote:Guess Ross Lyon still is a Sydney man. Wants to make sure nobody from St Kilda ever gets near the consecutive games record that Bulletproof Goodes will soon set.

Good on ya Ross. F**kwit.
What an idiot comment :roll:

Cant have a go at the coach because he dropped Schneider so you make up this idiotic and stupidly assinine statement.

Give yourself an uppercut you stupid cabbage :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Anybody know who the emergencies are?

I would suspect both Harvey and Dempster are in some doubt to play, so if Dal and Milne are listed in teh emergencies then they well still play?

SainterX
Club Player

What an idiot comment Rolling Eyes

Cant have a go at the coach because he dropped Schneider so you make up this idiotic and stupidly assinine statement.

Give yourself an uppercut you stupid cabbage

Hey just because you love Ross Lyon doesn't mean you shouldn't let the man stand on his own two feet.

Yeah, I can really see Dal Santo's replacement doing better than a half good Dal Santo.

Ross is burying us. Thanks f**kwit.

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

SainterX wrote:
What an idiot comment Rolling Eyes

Give yourself an uppercut you stupid cabbage

Hey just because you love Ross Lyon doesn't mean you shouldn't let the man stand on his own two feet.

Yeah, I can really see Dal Santo's replacement doing better than a half good Dal Santo.

Ross is burying us. Thanks f**kwit.
I'm no lyon lover but your comment was stupid at the extreme.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterX wrote: Hey just because you love Ross Lyon doesn't mean you shouldn't let the man stand on his own two feet.
In English please moron :roll: :roll:
SainterX wrote:Yeah, I can really see Dal Santo's replacement doing better than a half good Dal Santo.
Please direct me to one post where I have said that I agree with the Dal Santo dropping?

But you, you gutless piece of excretia made one of the stupidest and outlandish statements ever made on these forums.

You stated that Lyon dropped Dal Santo so Goodes would get some sort of continuous record and that he cared more for Sydney than the Saints.

This is defamation of Lyon. Typical gutless internet hero behaviour
SainterX wrote:Ross is burying us. Thanks f**kwit.
We can all see who the F**kwit is you great internet warrior. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What a cabbage.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
midas_touch
Club Player

If this is what it takes to get our list to take a good hard look at themselves, well I'm all for the decision, even though I would have dropped Joey over Dal. Sometimes you have to make the tough calls.
Last edited by midas_touch on Thu 19 Jun 2008 7:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
To the top
SS Life Member

What has perplexed me is that Dal Santo was a top tackler when he came into AFL football - he could really make them stick and they did.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

midas_touch wrote:If this is what it takes to get our list to take a good hard look at themselves, well I'm all for the decision, even thought I woulda have dropped Joey over Dal. Sometimes you have to make the tough calls.
I agree with the attitude and mentality of Lyon, however there would have been others in line before Dal Santo IMHO.

Hope it gives Dal Santo a huge kick up the arse.

We are looking for midfielders and Dal could be on the to trade list if he doesn't pull his finger out.

Lance or James??

Rooy_coin
Club Player

load of crap

CARN THE SAINTERS!!!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

cmon Dud take off the "star" coloured glasses
the fact is NDS always has good stats, but trotting round playing your own game is obviously not good for the team and not part of the plan that all must aspire to.

Seeya
twirlyhair
Club Player

We may lose this game because of who we have dropped, but the saints have been playing like sooky lah lah indulged only children and they deserve a good shake up. WE may in time look back at this match as the start of the saints comeback and rebuilding of the attitude needed to suuceed in AFL footy.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Rooy_coin wrote:load of crap
why?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:We may lose this game because of who we have dropped, but the saints have been playing like sooky lah lah indulged only children and they deserve a good shake up. WE may in time look back at this match as the start of the saints comeback and rebuilding of the attitude needed to suuceed in AFL footy.
Fair post. You put in youngen's and we will lose more than we win. But the hard decisions have to be made and they have been made tonight.

Up to Milne and Dal to work hard - like other Saints greats like Nicky Winmar - and work back into the team.

It is also time to work out which inexperienced players can play and be there next year.

Seem like the cue is in the rack for 2008. Time to look at the cleanout.

Lance or James??

SaintWodonga
Club Player

To the top wrote:What has perplexed me is that Dal Santo was a top tackler when he came into AFL football - he could really make them stick and they did.
Maybe a good wake up call for him... I do think there are others playing worse..

Gwilt
Geary
Blake
Joey

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:We may lose this game because of who we have dropped, but the saints have been playing like sooky lah lah indulged only children and they deserve a good shake up. WE may in time look back at this match as the start of the saints comeback and rebuilding of the attitude needed to suuceed in AFL footy.
It will be remembered if we lose this game as the saintsational board will explode.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
It will be remembered if we lose this game as the saintsational board will explode.
Why? We have lost 7 with Dal Santo in the team. We are a poor team with or without Dal Santo.

Who cares about a bunch of instant gratification 15 y.o. who think they know everything about football.

This fanboi site means SFA to anyone.

Lance or James??

markp
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:
To the top wrote:What has perplexed me is that Dal Santo was a top tackler when he came into AFL football - he could really make them stick and they did.
Maybe a good wake up call for him... I do think there are others playing worse..

Gwilt
Geary
Blake
Joey
It's a statement no doubt... dropping any of the other players you mention wouldn't have nearly the same effect.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Why? We have lost 7 with Dal Santo in the team. We are a poor team with or without Dal Santo.

Who cares about a bunch of instant gratification 15 y.o. who think they know everything about football.

This fanboi site means SFA to anyone.
You really are an idiot.