Butters Fault really

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:Gee Barks. Wonder if you care to be as expansive on the subject of getting value for money from the current coach.....who you trumpeted as our saviour. In my opinion RL is more 'basement' than 'bargain' im sure you'd agree after 18 months.

Then there's the petty subject of Rix's progress which you're even quiter on. You light the fire mate and your chorus of losers (ie Lord Byron) will blow the smoke to distract us all. Or are you both one of the same?

Of course i'm aware you and your cyber nobodies are more concerned with your own 'sacks' to actually have a winning coach the sack, however the fact all you (and the rest with blood on their hands) show up here endlessly spouting without remorse is what stirs me to take aim.
If I can just see through your mind-numbing rhetoric to get to the point Kenny, we're all aware that you don't think Thomas should have been sacked.
We've heard it over and over and over and over and over and over etc. You're entitled to your opinion about Thomas Kenny, as we all are.
You can blow smoke about Barks, Teffers, me and anyone else you care to include in your coterie of losers all you like. Doesn't change the fact that we have a different opinion to you. I think sacking Thomas was the right decision for the reasons I see as valid. Build a bridge etc Kenny.
Thomas ain't coming back.
And as for your efforts to flame, degrade, insult etc other posters whom don't agree with you, give it a rest mate, you only make yourself look like a goose. Then again, who cares, I could walk past you in the street and wouldn't know you. So go right ahead if it makes you feel better.
Water, duck, back.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
barks4eva wrote:[How we gave up not just pick 6 BUT ALSO PICK 31 for Brooks as if 6 wasn't enough is mindboggling in the extreme
Saints43 wrote: And they sort of had the whip hand in the deal.
Whip hand's is something you know very well.
Hilarious. Another gem about Battering the Ham.

What should we have done with pick 6, Ghost of Drafts Past?

Should we have gone into season 2003 with Capuano as our only ruckman after Everitt was exited?
McIntosh was the number one rated ruckman in the draft, he went at 9, that's what I would have done and I said this at the time, fwiw

as for pick 31 which we would also have had a crack at, not sure, but at least we would have had another selection

two selections for Brooks is mindnumbing, as if pick 6 wasn't enough to begin with

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Shaggy
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
barks4eva wrote:[How we gave up not just pick 6 BUT ALSO PICK 31 for Brooks as if 6 wasn't enough is mindboggling in the extreme

Should we have gone into season 2003 with Capuano as our only ruckman after Everitt was exited?
McIntosh was the number one rated ruckman in the draft, he went at 9, that's what I would have done and I said this at the time, fwiw

as for pick 31 which we would also have had a crack at, not sure, but at least we would have had another selection

two selections for Brooks is mindnumbing, as if pick 6 wasn't enough to begin with
McIntosh played his first game for North in 2005. He wasn't ready to play AFL in 2003 and obviously the Saints thought the same at the time.

Brooks came in straight away and played 5 out of the first 10 games before knee injury seemed to kill his career.

Thats life but it isn't as mindnumbing as you think :D .

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Im with Rodger on this argument.

B4E, you just blow endless drivel to and dont answer the questions. You certainly did think RL was a great appointment, I seem to recall. Can you possibly claim that now? And how is Rix travelling? Rixroxruck, hawhawhawha, deary deary me.

If you think this performance is ALL list related (sure alot of it is), your seriously deluded. Do you even watch the games? Seen how pathetic and insipid the team are, AND how there is absolutely f*** all system in ANYTHING being attempted out there? Aint nothing at ALL to do with recruiting 4 years ago my friend, that is plain coaching incompetence right there in front of you.

Its not like you can see system and real put it on the line effort (bar a few) out there, except its not coming off. It ISNT there, thats all RL and SFA to do with trading pick 6 for friggin brooks years ago.

Im not ever going to tell you recruitment and development have been good, but its only half the issue, the other half RL has his filthy hands all over.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

McIntosh played his first game for North in 2005. He wasn't ready to play AFL in 2003 and obviously the Saints thought the same at the time.

Brooks came in straight away and played 5 out of the first 10 games before knee injury seemed to kill his career.

maybe not for you, but two selections for Brooks 6 AND 31 is most definitely too much

mount whatever case you like for pick 6, but to throw in a second round selection @ 31 is buffoonery of the highest order

Shaggy
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
Shaggy wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

maybe not for you, but two selections for Brooks 6 AND 31 is most definitely too much

mount whatever case you like for pick 6, but to throw in a second round selection @ 31 is buffoonery of the highest order
2 picks obviously seems one too many. But it shows we were desperate to pick up a young ruck man who we needed to play for us in 2003. McIntosh didn't fit the bill. Were there any others around?

JT
Club Player

how good a pick up was Sam Fisher????

Every team has a bad draft and/or trade...get over it

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Im with Rodger on this argument.
just shot yourself in the foot before you've even started

You certainly did think RL was a great appointment, I seem to recall.

Yep, this is true
Can you possibly claim that now?
Obviously our list is cactus, we do not have the cattle, due to poor recruiting, list development, almost zero rookie development, for over 5 years.

Recruiting is the lifeblood of any football club, you stuff that up and you pay the price, that is why we are where we are.

having said that it has annoyed me greatly to see the most piss poor team selection over the past 12 months, when it was obvious we needed to play kids and develop the list,

We are slow, have too many ordinary, ineffectual unskilled players who would have trouble hitting a wheat silo from 20 metres yet Lyon has continued to rotate them, like shuffling deckchairs on the titanic,

IMHO he needed to bite the bullet 12 months ago and having not done that he should have at least done that 8 weeks ago, apparently he's now making noises that this is what he is now going to do, well hellalujah about time.............. this is the only way forward

but according to numbnuts on here our list is fine, better than 06, we just need a messiah, another cult, jonestown anyone,..............

FAIR DINKUM, you simply cannot have a football department run like it was for over 5 years and expect this to not bite you on the bum,

this is why we are paying the price,

and Butterss is to blame for allowing this situation to develop,

allowing Thomas control in the first place,

allowing an amatuerish approach to the cornerstone and foundation of a football club as a trade off for a good bottomline,

this is why we are where we are,

and all the numbnuts want to blame some Ross Lyon game plan as if that is at all relevant,

fact is we do not have the cattle and we do not have the cattle is and has been explained already

And how is Rix travelling?
Not sure, but I'd wish he'd rock up soon, dinner is almost ready.

Rixroxruck, hawhawhawha, deary deary me.
What, have you never been in love?

If you think this performance is ALL list related (sure alot of it is), your seriously deluded. Do you even watch the games? Seen how pathetic and insipid the team are, AND how there is absolutely f*** all system in ANYTHING being attempted out there? Aint nothing at ALL to do with recruiting 4 years ago my friend, that is plain coaching incompetence right there in front of you.

Our list is cactus, we do not have the players, we are a mid table combination

Where have we finished in the past two seasons under both Thomas and Lyon?

A. 8th 9th

Where are we now?

Getting warmer?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

And how is Rix travelling?
Not sure, but I'd wish he'd rock up soon, dinner is almost ready.

Rixroxruck, hawhawhawha, deary deary me.
What, have you never been in love?

Some of your very best work B4E. I like you much better with a sense of humour :D

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Wouldn't it be great for those who proclaimed that GT was terrible and all we needed was a new coach to take us to the next step - to step forward and admit they were wrong?

Wouldn't that be nice.
So how does the performance of the coach in succession prove that GT was a great coach?

Couldn't the board have just got it wrong twice in a row?

A bit of logic please.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:Wouldn't it be great for those who proclaimed that GT was terrible and all we needed was a new coach to take us to the next step - to step forward and admit they were wrong?

Wouldn't that be nice.
They should've done it sooner... in fact he never should have got the job, the 'process' stank to high heaven.

He is the living embodiment of the saying 'you can fool some of the people all the time, or all the people some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all the time'... the guy is a fraud, all tip no iceberg as Keating would say.... His 'career' as a special comments twat proves it, Aussie Jones has more football knowledge in his little finger than GT has in his entire overblown carcass.

Does anyone seriously think we'd be top 4 now if GT was still coach?

Get a grip.

Let it go.
Gun post Mark.

As for fooling some of the people some of the time.......looking at Dodg.....GT is proof you can ALWAYS fool the still blinded dopey ones.... :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
St.Kenny wrote:Still cant believe Teflon and Barks show their snouts on this site after what they and other whiteants have done to this club. They will never be truly happy until the dark dim days of the 70's have returned. They'd be watering Telstra Dome centre square at midnight at Telstra if they had their way. Two of the saddest and blindest posters ever to visit this site. At the end of the day they must put their hands up for their part in this mess. But will they? Not a snow flakes chance in hell. They resort to the smoke screen of what GT should have done and what they would do etc etc etc. Heard it all before from these gallahs and frankly couldnt care less. Just because they couldnt handle a bit of success and the expectations which come with it , it doesnt mean every other ST.Kilda supporter is the same. Why couldnt you guys just drop off for a few years and let us have our glory whilst you guys suck eggs for a little while. We actually enjoyed finals. Jealousy is a terrible thing but your bitterness is what really irks me fellas. You had to spoil it for the rest of us.
Obviously the decision to exit Thomas was made by bored members, contrary to what's been reported.

Just like to clear a few things up

I remember it like it was yesterday, I rang teflon and said, what ya think mate, I'm looking at exiting Grant out, he agreed, we got onto joffaboy and realized we had the numbers, we were going to wait until the 14th but knew the press would be all over it, so we did it on the 12th.

Personally, I'm just glad Butterss still cops most of the flak for this and most people seem to be none the wiser, but not you St.Kenny, nothing gets past you, thought we'd managed the coup quite well to be honest, until of course, you popped up and outed us as the instigators behind the whole sinister plot,

and as plot thicken's so do you St.Kenny, so do you!
I can confirm that discussion took place except for a few differences.

We were going to "exit Grant out" but then confusion reigned as some thought that given he'd been "exited in" that "exiting him out" would do nothing but lower the clubs "belief cloud" and ultimately affect the "mental application" and the "process going forward" we needed to apply to positively influence the KPI's. Vigorous discussion between Barks, myself and Joffa went into the small hours before someone "farted at thunder" (Im still blaming barks...) and we decided it was time to head home cause none of our better halfs rated "crabbs" (previous experience...who can tell...).

Say what you like about me , Barks of Joffa but one thing is for sure - none of us "accept medocrity"......unlike you Kenny...... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:Still cant believe Teflon and Barks show their snouts on this site after what they and other whiteants have done to this club. At the end of the day they must put their hands up for their part in this mess. But will they? Just because they couldnt handle a bit of success and the expectations which come with it , it doesnt mean every other ST.Kilda supporter is the same. Why couldnt you guys just drop off for a few years and let us have our glory whilst you guys suck eggs for a little while. We actually enjoyed finals. Jealousy is a terrible thing but your bitterness is what really irks me fellas. You had to spoil it for the rest of us.
Tef, I reckon we should lie low for awhile, St.Kenny is blowing our cover, while we've been happy for Butterss, Kellett, King and Casey to take the rap and carry the can as it were, we most certainly don't want the press getting wind of this,

afterall we know the real story that went on behind closed doors, that it was a unanimous bored member decision to exit Grant out and once we had joffaboy onside, Grant's fate was sealed,

but most people are still of the belief it was Butterss and co, so perhaps discretion is the better part of valour, because at the minute, St.Kenny is coming across as a fruitcake, you know, the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor, which definitely works in our favour,

so perhaps we should maintain our silence on this matter, we wouldn't want Caro, Craig, Patrick or Mike uncovering the real story now would we?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: Butters Fault really

St.Kenny wrote:Great move Butters, though you couldnt have done it without the help of a number of fickle supporters who (like you) tend not to show their faces around here anymore as the stuppidity of what they have orchestrated sinks in.
Tef, he's on to us mate, imagine if St.Kenny found out that in fact we were the one's who made the final call to exit out rather than to exit in,

best we remain tightlipped and leave Butterss to carry the can, what ya reckon?

Shaggy
Club Player

Did the nonsense you guys created in 2006 have any impact on the Board's decision ... probably not ... but it may have helped.

Similarly the white anting RL is now getting from supporters will and surely already has come to the attention of the Board.

I am still interested in the player implosion against GT of 2006 after the Adelaide game :D . There is so much bullocks on this forum :D .

NoMore
Club Player

Teflon you just said u don't accept mediocrity but ur happy with the way things are going.

You are an Idiot

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
I always laugh at Andy Maher, who says the 'natives are restless' at different clubs.

As if that makes a scrap of difference.
I don't agree with this.

The problem with the Saints, is that we always have desperate Saints fans running the club. Barrackers.

Just like the average moron on here.

I really believed that the last Board was different - and it was for a while. Then once again, they lost their nerve and behaved like the average Joe would in the outer.

It's not that the natives dictate what happens within the club - it's that natives are running the club that is the problem.

bethb7
Club Player

totally agree everything screwed up when butters tried to change it he put his personal life (the fight with thomas) infront of what was best for the club. & I bet he is sitting back laughing right now as the club gets worse and worse on feild.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
Saints43
Club Player

bethb7 wrote:I bet he is sitting back laughing right now as the club gets worse and worse on feild.
I wouldn't think RB would be happy with the way things are going now at all.
Things may have gone wrong towards the end of his tenure but he would have acted with the belief that he was doing the right thing by the club.
He had faults - as we all do - but I don't think they would be wishing ill on the club or taking any joy in the club struggling.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:40am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Teffers, barks, I have told you time and time again, dont talk about the GT coup on an open platform.

take it to PM FFS :roll:

Kunny slighly started a thread blaming Butters. I thought we were safe, but then he gets to the heart of the matter.

Our cover is blown. The truth is out. Kunny has revealed our cunning and darstardly plan for the three of us to exit out Grant.

My belief cloubd of KPI's and CFS,s has diminished into my wellness register of despair.

I have been in contact with the poweres that be and you have both been disawoved.

this post will self destruct (a bit like the STKFC) in 5 seconds.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote: Things may have gone wrong towards the end of his tenure but he would have acted with the belief that he was doing the right thing by the club.
I don't agree with that.

Not at all.

Saints43
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
Saints43 wrote: Things may have gone wrong towards the end of his tenure but he would have acted with the belief that he was doing the right thing by the club.
I don't agree with that.

Not at all.
I do not believe that RB would knowingly hurt the the club because of a personal issue. Results may have been different to what he expected.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
I don't agree with that.

Not at all.
I do not believe that RB would knowingly hurt the the club because of a personal issue. Results may have been different to what he expected.
If he did not know the consequesnces of his actions, he is either completely an utterly incompetent and negligent to the highest possible degree - or insane.
Even a nuffie like me declared at the time what the sacking would do to us as a club.
The fact that a couple of his Board members went rebel certainly suggests there were concerns about what Butterss was doing also.
His actions after the sacking were all about protecting Butterss - not the club. Remember the old "we'll let the AFL decide who can run this club better" comment? Was that in the club's best interests?

It stopped being about the club, and started being about Butterss long he was given the arse.

If he was completely ignorant to what he doing to the club, then

spert
Saintsational Legend

No doubt that RB and his board were working honestly for the future of the club and were trying desperatly to move the club on from the GT incidents, good or bad as they were. It was still one of the club's more successful periods, but left a sour taste with many due to RB's eccentric public exterior. Unfortunately we now have an uninspiring President, board and coach who are sapping the life and vitality out this club and driving potential members away in droves..and those potential members will be very hard to win back. I've seen kids in our street who wore Saints jumpers the last couple of years, now running around in Dogs and Collingwood jumpers.. that says it all for me. I feel this season we have lost much respect as a club.