Where are all the Lyon supporters now ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where are all the Lyon supporters now ?

meher baba wrote:
Teflon wrote:
maverick wrote:
Teflon wrote:
St.Kenny wrote:The crap I and many others had to listen to from you over analysing naval gazing drop kicks about our 'tactical' messiah from Sydney being the icing on an otherwise well baked cake makes me sick.
Im here Kenny - only gutless squibs like your or Jeffery and co jump off and call for the coach to be sacked less than 2 yrs in.

Refreshing to hear A Thompson say on radio today how much he respected Lyon after playing under him and that he WILL get his chance to mould this side.

Turn the heat up on soft, underperforming players and lets at least identify and cut the loafers from this list.
Teflon, name the them, the ones you think they are.
Ill make it easy for you...

My only players exempt from some heat would be Lenny, Harvey Max, S Fisher.

Id delist the following:

Fiora
Gwilt
Rix
Mqualter
Raph

For a start......id trade some names also but thats for another day..
What a hoot teffers!!

You reckon rix, gwilt and mcqualter have played a big part in what has gone wrong in 2008? Get a grip!!
Nah...lets just bring back GT...he'll fix us up.....we can then re-draft Mcgough, trade Guerra, bring back Ackland, stall Brooks for 5 yrs....and GT and training services will fix Frasers hands....

Youd be loving this Mehebabblelots - I mean another loss for Lyon is how you look at it yeah?

Great supporter......... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
chook23 wrote:Our recruiting since Thommo was handed some players on a platter has been terrible..........

during GT era and appears also during RL short period
So what they may show that it isnt the coaches fault but the club who havent spent enough in this area.
It is a number of factors...in addition to those above

Cost is not the only issue as the Dogs have done better than us....and thie recruiting was done ona shoestring too.

Part of the problem was that Bevo stayed too long....and kept selecting players less suited to modern football. Dogs nabbed Clayton from the Lions and since then have manily done pretty good (though McDougal wasa bad call).

Bevo never really looked into a players character.....and aspects such as pace and footskills did not rate high enough.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where are all the Lyon supporters now ?

Teflon wrote:
meher baba wrote:
Teflon wrote:
maverick wrote:
Teflon wrote:
St.Kenny wrote:The crap I and many others had to listen to from you over analysing naval gazing drop kicks about our 'tactical' messiah from Sydney being the icing on an otherwise well baked cake makes me sick.
Im here Kenny - only gutless squibs like your or Jeffery and co jump off and call for the coach to be sacked less than 2 yrs in.

Refreshing to hear A Thompson say on radio today how much he respected Lyon after playing under him and that he WILL get his chance to mould this side.

Turn the heat up on soft, underperforming players and lets at least identify and cut the loafers from this list.
Teflon, name the them, the ones you think they are.
Ill make it easy for you...

My only players exempt from some heat would be Lenny, Harvey Max, S Fisher.

Id delist the following:

Fiora
Gwilt
Rix
Mqualter
Raph

For a start......id trade some names also but thats for another day..
What a hoot teffers!!

You reckon rix, gwilt and mcqualter have played a big part in what has gone wrong in 2008? Get a grip!!
Nah...lets just bring back GT...he'll fix us up.....we can then re-draft Mcgough, trade Guerra, bring back Ackland, stall Brooks for 5 yrs....and GT and training services will fix Frasers hands....

Youd be loving this Mehebabblelots - I mean another loss for Lyon is how you look at it yeah?

Great supporter......... :roll:
Not loving anything about where we are right now, teffers

I've lived through the embarrassment of the 80s, the shattered hopes of the 90s and the gut-wrenching agony of the 2004 and 2005 PFs

It was always obvious to anyone who cared to look that Thomas was sacked for all the wrong reasons. Bundy should have been promoted, but wasn't

Instead we got a coach selected by management consultants and aptitude tests
I hoped against hope that he wouldn't turn out to be another Timmy Watson.

He didn't. He's worse. Blame the players all you like, but the inescapable fact remains that lyon is a dud

I'm not enjoying anything about what's happened. I would love for us to be flying high at the top of the table

But we aren't and I'm looking to the future. A future with a new coach

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ho come we only see you on here after the losses with your usual anti Lyon drivel babble?

FACE FACTS Your after a coach sacking to attempt to vindicate your "GT for President" cr@p...

Your more vulture than supporter.....go follow the Pies.

“Yeah….nah””
St.Kenny
Club Player

Carlton arent the only team thats gone ahead of us...what about Hawthorn, what about Geelong, what about Bulldogs, what about Collingwood, what about about Brisbane to name just a few. When will the 'blind freddies' of this site stop peddling their bull$%^t about how lucky we were to sack a coach who made a habit of getting us to the finals for one who wants to coach us out of the finals race by mid year.
Admitting the error of their judgemnet is the first step to overcome if they aspire to avoid being the laughing stock of their friends, family, peers and workmates.

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:Carlton arent the only team thats gone ahead of us...what about Hawthorn, what about Geelong, what about Bulldogs, what about Collingwood, what about about Brisbane to name just a few. When will the 'blind freddies' of this site stop peddling their bull$%^t about how lucky we were to sack a coach who made a habit of getting us to the finals for one who wants to coach us out of the finals race by mid year.
Admitting the error of their judgemnet is the first step to overcome if they aspire to avoid being the laughing stock of their friends, family, peers and workmates.
Look at our results you silly git for the last 3 yrs - weve been going backwards longer than Lyon.

F@rk some are stupid... :shock:

“Yeah….nah””
St.Kenny
Club Player

Ladies and gentlemen of 'Saintasational' I give you Lyons number one fan who is sinking deeper into the mire the more he
struggles....................introducing TEFLOGGER................. :roll:

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
degruch
Saintsational Legend

At least he's supporting something!

JeffDunne

degruch wrote:At least he's supporting something!
Why support Rod SoftAs though?

He's gone.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Ho come we only see you on here after the losses with your usual anti Lyon drivel babble?

FACE FACTS Your after a coach sacking to attempt to vindicate your "GT for President" cr@p...

You really are a total joke

What motivates you anyway? Can you just not bear to admit that you were wrong?

How can you suggest that I am not a genuine supporter because I don't support a dud coaching staff with a collective zero background at the club!!

You tell me to go and support the pies: well I certainly wish that their coach was our coach!!

Saintlyone
Club Player

Yes Teflon is supporting something alright. He's supporting an Under 12's coach who has found himself in the big league by default and is doing a first rate job of coaching a finals team further and further down the ladder with his own brand of 'piss arse' 'soft as' football.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Teflon wrote:
You tell me to go and support the pies: well I certainly wish that their coach was our coach!!
Gawd...so much finals success there!

Support change within the team, no derailing it. Honest, you lot should be supporting one of those cr@p francise teams, Crows supporters always trot out this sack the coach bull after every consecutive loss too.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:Ladies and gentlemen of 'Saintasational' I give you Lyons number one fan who is sinking deeper into the mire the more he
struggles....................introducing TEFLOGGER................. :roll:
Geezus Ken...you only come out after a loss and youve been using that sad line for years.......

Your one sad flog thats for sure..

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saintlyone wrote:Yes Teflon is supporting something alright. He's supporting an Under 12's coach who has found himself in the big league by default and is doing a first rate job of coaching a finals team further and further down the ladder with his own brand of 'piss arse' 'soft as' football.
Our coach has "found himself in the big league" thats your technical critique is it?

No wonder Ricky Lake struggles.....tough crowd.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Teflon wrote:Ho come we only see you on here after the losses with your usual anti Lyon drivel babble?

You really are a total joke

What motivates you anyway? Can you just not bear to admit that you were wrong?

How can you suggest that I am not a genuine supporter because I don't support a dud coaching staff with a collective zero background at the club!!

BLAH BLAH BLAH GT is gone you silly nimbin smoking git.

Get your HR theories onto that .... :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

Weren't you sooking to the mod's about abuse only minutes ago Teffers?

Man, I've seen some hypocrites in my time but you just about take the cake.

I'm starting to believe you might be Rod's son. You display all his characteristics.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Weren't you sooking to the mod's about abuse only minutes ago Teffers?

Man, I've seen some hypocrites in my time but you just about take the cake.

I'm starting to believe you might be Rod's son. You display all his characteristics.
No you stupid nimrod.

I was asking the mods to stop a thread from being hijacked - this threads already gawn.

BTW I wasnt complaining about your lazy, inept personal attacks on me by and large but in a thread that we are trying to get some positioves from where its clearly labelled as such I think its selfish to pollute it with your general nonsense and poison. I am glad the maods are listening though....

On this thread carry on you flog. :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

lol

Someone using terms like flog & nimrod shouldn't be calling anyone out for "inept personal attacks".

b4e-lite.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:lol

Someone using terms like flog & nimrod shouldn't be calling anyone out for "inept personal attacks".

b4e-lite.
yes but you did get the "jist" did you not of what I was saying didnt you?

Your still dopey but cant be that stupid...

“Yeah….nah””
Buckets
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
St.Kenny wrote:Carlton arent the only team thats gone ahead of us...what about Hawthorn, what about Geelong, what about Bulldogs, what about Collingwood, what about about Brisbane to name just a few. When will the 'blind freddies' of this site stop peddling their bull$%^t about how lucky we were to sack a coach who made a habit of getting us to the finals for one who wants to coach us out of the finals race by mid year.
Look at our results you silly git for the last 3 yrs - weve been going backwards longer than Lyon.

F@rk some are stupid... :shock:
Yet for the life of me it would seem we have leapt backwards in the last 8 months with the current players we have, at a time when RL has been in charge of recruiting and development....what no GT????
I get the impression that you would love to give RL 5 years to see if he can actually produce something that is close to a cohesive and well drilled football team. The question is when would you look at reviewing RL and his position. And don't trot out the old Clarkson argument there is one glaring difference between Lyon and Clarko and that is that Clarkson got rid of the older players straight away and went for youth instead Lyon went the opposite direction and went recycled players during the last two trading periods that he has been apart of, and look how well that has gone!
Instead of insulting other posters of their intelligence maybe you can give us your thoughts on how long you expect the club to be at the bottom of the ladder for?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I support the Coach, for as long as he remains the Coach.

He is struggling at present, but if he has the resolve to ride out this wave of bad form and turn the side around, that will speak volumes for him.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the players we have still are hayes, ball, dal santo, montagna, Riewoldt, Kosi, Max, Sam fisher, Liegh fisher, blake, Harvey, Gram, baker, Milne, to that he's added schneider (coup of the year according to some?) king, dempster (who sydney fans called dumpster = but we are told 'but he has a premiership medal he must be good), king, capuano, sorry Gardiner, (but we got him cheap! bargain)

much of the core of hte team available from 04 to 06 are here, and t he slide in effectiveness in these players is an issue.

they seem to be playing individually effectively well, but do gel in any way as a team.

against footscray and Geelong we spen a 1/2 or 1/3 playing as a team before disintergrating and capitulation disgracefully.

THe talent is there, the team work is not.

even if we trade these players away adn get new players, there is NO Likelyhood that any new players will play with any teamwork.

I dont think Ross Lyon has the capacity to teach.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

There are games where coaches have a big impact.

They aren't the games where you get thumped. While a coach is to some degree responsible for the poor preperation that allows such a half a$$ed effort, and games like that can ultimately seal a coaches fate... Lyon didn't turnover the ball with wild handballs, Lyon was not the one losing every contest. That's the players.

But after a game like that, it is hard to believe we're going to see anything in the remaining 13 games that would make it seem likely Ross Lyon is going to lead us anywhere.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

How hard is it Dan? Good grief, footy's a simple game. They've got the pill, we've got it, it's in dispute. One of the three.

When they've got it we pressure, chase, tackle to regain possession.

When we've got it we run and support, and hit targets to score.

When it's indispute we fight like buggery to get possession.

How bloody hard is it? :roll:

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Bottom line - what was Ross Lyons agenda as seen by the club and as promoted by him?
Was it to rebuild, as the current list wasn't up to it, or was it to fine tune a team on the verge of glory - bring some much needed game day nous and player 'accountability' and top up the list

I don't know - i wasn't there - but i'd guess the latter -especially looking at player recruitment under him.
The fact that Robert Walls had a big influence in the decision, and then went on to tip us for the flag in 07, then to finish 2nd this year, is a strong indication of where the 'people in the know' thought we were at and where Lyon was coming from.