Official Team - INS and OUTS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:1/ The guy is coming back with tendonitis in one knee....and the other not 100%....and some want to put him ona wing were he would have to run and run???? not to mention that with reduced traing for a few weeks his aerobic capacity would have dipped.

2/ Did our forward line look that flash last week that we can afford to play our best tall forward not in it?

. though it is a fair question to ask should he be out there at all if he is not fit? .
1/ There is being fit....and being fit enough to play.

Roo is we assume fit enough to play..and fit enough to play with more impact than say Allen or Charlie.

2/ If you only played players that were 100% fit...many would miss. GTrain would have hardly ever playeda game for the saints for example.

You play a player who is not 100% if:

*the injury/ niggle is not likely to be worsened by the player

*that it does not overly impair/restrict the player..and that he can play more effectively than some other player from our reserves (ie a 95% Roo is more effective than a 100% Charlie or Allen..)

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

you are not suggesting that we are selecting players that aren't 100% fit are you?

ZOMG.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:1/ The guy is coming back with tendonitis in one knee....and the other not 100%....and some want to put him ona wing were he would have to run and run???? not to mention that with reduced traing for a few weeks his aerobic capacity would have dipped.

2/ Did our forward line look that flash last week that we can afford to play our best tall forward not in it?

. though it is a fair question to ask should he be out there at all if he is not fit? .
1/ There is being fit....and being fit enough to play.

Roo is we assume fit enough to play..and fit enough to play with more impact than say Allen or Charlie.

2/ If you only played players that were 100% fit...many would miss. GTrain would have hardly ever playeda game for the saints for example.

You play a player who is not 100% if:

*the injury/ niggle is not likely to be worsened by the player

*that it does not overly impair/restrict the player..and that he can play more effectively than some other player from our reserves (ie a 95% Roo is more effective than a 100% Charlie or Allen..)
i'd suggest he's more likely to cop an impact injury to either of those dodgy knees being tunnelled in a forward line marking contest by two or three opponents.

he'd be better off and at less risk running around on the wing.

Batnoe

I cant believe people here

Blake will be our best option for Bradshaw, hands down. We wont lose any attacking players if we play that as if Fisher is on them Lions win.

We cannot play Kosi in backline, they win the match up again, lets make them worried about us. They will still be scared of our forward line and maybe Bradshaw might have to play backline.

They will have to play a defensive player in their forward line to cover Fisher, Goddard and Grams run, if we play negatively and play one of those players on Bradshaw we will lose

we have seen Blake play on some good players, how about people start to respect him as a player and a negater

He has beaten, Cousins, Goodes, Camperale, Cloke, all hard tasks and play a different game. He is courageous and wont lose in the air very often, he is quicker than you think. I think Blake will be a new FB

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Blake will be our best option for Bradshaw, hands down.
This forum just gets better and better.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Batnoe

evertonfc wrote:

so u would prefer to lose- S Fisher- our best defensive clearance player? marking up on one of their best forwards?

You are the one that makes the forum better, or you really dont know much about footy. Are you Ross Lyon in disguise by playing defensive s*** before the game even starts?

we want them to worry about us, not the other way around, Blake can beat Bradshaw. Max can play on Brown

Either that, play Blake on Brown and Max on Bradshaw.

as i said before, why lose our best running backmen to man up on their best forward?

you are a nob everton, go back to loving your gay soccer

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:baker would play surely...if he is named for the 2's surely he would be sweet to get through a game in the 1's

unless his injury has something to do with travelling by plane or something

yep...no idea as per usual...
Good point to raise but I disagree with you.

I'm quite happy to see Baker play in the magoos, he really needs to find some form after the bulltish 5 week enforced layoff at the start of the season and the uninspiring form he had shown in his first 2 games back.

Our players need to EARN their spot in the firsts, not just get it on reputation alone.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

thought he was ok in his first game back and then injured in his second game back.

footynut
Club Player

I actually dont mind this weeks team, we look to have flexability to be able to push players such as Ferguson, blake, Goddard and Kosi forward or back, as well as plenty of players to rotate through the midfield. There is also ome good match up for our backs such as gram on Sherman, as they wont take sherman to the goal square, allowing gram to provide run out of the back line.

This is a winable game!!!

Lets make to eat their words and stand up and watch the saints march forward.

B: Leigh Fisher, Max Hudghton, Sean Dempster
F: Travis Johnstone, Daniel Bradshaw, Rhan Hooper

HB: Jason Gram, Justin Koschitzke, Sam Fisher
HF: Justin Sherman, Jonathan Brown, Michael Rischitelli

C: Nick Dal Santo, Luke Ball, Leigh Montagna
C: Anthony Corrie, Simon Black, Tim Notting

HF: Adam Schneider, Brendon Goddard, David Armitage
HB: Jared Brennan, Joel Macdonald, Mitch Clark

F: Matthew Ferguson, Nick Riewoldt, Stephen Milne
B: Joel Patfull, Daniel Merrett, Josh Drummond

Foll: Steven King, Lenny Hayes, Robert Harvey
Foll: Jamie Charman, Luke Power, Jed Adcock

Int: Michael Gardiner, Shane Birss, Jason Blake, Jarryn Geary or Andrew McQualter

Int: (from) Scott Harding, Jason Roe, Troy Selwood, Ashley McGrath, Matthew Leuenberger, Cheynee Stiller, James Polkinghorne

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

armo dropped what a disgrace

Baker def playing for scorps :roll: we'll be the softest team ever... no baker n armo... 2 out of very few that attack the ball

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

evertonfc wrote:
Everton do you actually watch any games?
Blake has played well, as judged by most here, and more importantly by the Saints coaching staff. But sadly in your mind if he gets a goal kicked on him and we lose it will all be his fault.

Seeya
Solar
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:armo dropped what a disgrace

Baker def playing for scorps :roll: we'll be the softest team ever... no baker n armo... 2 out of very few that attack the ball
source that armo has been dropped?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

my sources... wasnt 100% but more than likely.... CJ didnt get a gig either from what i remember

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

was wondering if anyone had heard who was on the plane tomorrow?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
Everton do you actually watch any games?
Normal person + Anonymity + Audience

=

?

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

yer i am a normal person... but i dont just make it up mate watch...

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:yer i am a normal person... but i dont just make it up mate watch...
What?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:I cant believe people here

Blake will be our best option for Bradshaw, hands down. We wont lose any attacking players if we play that as if Fisher is on them Lions win.

We cannot play Kosi in backline, they win the match up again, lets make them worried about us. They will still be scared of our forward line and maybe Bradshaw might have to play backline.

They will have to play a defensive player in their forward line to cover Fisher, Goddard and Grams run, if we play negatively and play one of those players on Bradshaw we will lose

we have seen Blake play on some good players, how about people start to respect him as a player and a negater

He has beaten, Cousins, Goodes, Camperale, Cloke, all hard tasks and play a different game. He is courageous and wont lose in the air very often, he is quicker than you think. I think Blake will be a new FB
:lol: u must be kidding, surely!

yeah, alot of good Full Forwards in that lot :roll:

Blake goes alright, but he's no full back, and he is not good enough to stop one of the best full forwards going around

Max = Bradshaw

Fisher = Brown

maybe we could try Blake on Brown if he is playing around the ground, maybe.....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

BRISBANE LIONS
B: Drummond, Merrett, Patfull
HB: Brennan, Macdonald, Clark
C: Corrie, Black, Notting
HF: Rischitelli, Brown, Sherman
F: Hooper, Bradshaw, Johnstone
FOLL: Charman, Power, Adcock
I/C: Harding, Roe, Selwood, McGrath
EMG: Polkinghorne, Leuenberger, Stiller
No Changes

ST KILDA
B: L.Fisher, Hudghton, Dempster
HB: Goddard, S.Fisher, Gram
C: Dal Santo, Ball, Montagna
HF: Schneider, Riewoldt, Blake
F: Milne, Koschitzke, Birss
FOLL: King, Hayes, Harvey
I/C: M.Gardiner, Geary, Jones, Fiora

EMG: Ferguson, McQualter, Armitage

IN: Riewoldt, Geary, Jones, Fiora
OUT: Gehrig, R.Clarke, C.Gardiner, Armitage

Jones did get a gig happy with that... No ferg and no armo... hmmm

Have NO IDEA how fiona got a game...

Batnoe

The_Dud wrote:

Blake goes alright, but he's no full back, and he is not good enough to stop one of the best full forwards going around

Max = Bradshaw

Fisher = Brown

maybe we could try Blake on Brown if he is playing around the ground, maybe.....

again, if we play S Fisher as number 1 or 2 defender we will lose our run and therfore lose before the first bounce. Let him play his normal game. Blake can man up on either

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Jones ahead of Armitage?....stupid, moronic, dim-witted, foolish, short-sighted, ignorant, pointless selection. How could people in charge of a business like this make such stupid decisions?!

I'm actually glad I won't be able to watch/listen to this game to see Roo and Kosi tripled-teamed with no other option to kick to, while Jones turns the ball over 12 times and Dempster once again simply doesn't do anything.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

wow is it just me or do they have alot of talls in?

Drummond, Merrett, Patfull
HB: Brennan, Macdonald, Clark

Obviously won't lineup like that but they're all KPP

To the top
SS Life Member

Armitage took a very heavy hit off the ball last week, and his opponent at the time (number 26) then ran to the Collingwood F50 without an opponent, was spotted and kicked the goal.

Fair dinkum, a conspiracy cost us that game! Free against Goddard, Milne kicking around corners and missing everything, grubbing a pass inside the F50 (Collingwood goal), having a kick spoiled (another Collingwood goal) and then Goddard having a kick smothered from an Under 13 play by C. Gardiner. Frustrating is not the word!

But, Armitage was well and truly shaken up when they finally got him to the bench.

And he had no "presence" when he attempted to return to the field.

So it may be the impact of that "hit" which is still hanging around.

The 18 listed "on the park" are probably pretty close to what we can get at this stage.

We obviously look for the likes of Howard, McEvoy, Allen and Steven to continue their development - and to keep the pressure well and truly on.

No doubt the luxury of playing S. Fisher on a flank would improve the side (and take pressure off Gram because we would have 2 half back flankers who are genuine rebounders) but where is the genuine option for CHB?

I do not think Kosi has it in his legs at this stage to play CHB - he really needs to be a delivery option not a chasing option at this juncture in his career - and probably going forward from here.

There has to be work done on Kosi's ability to run - because he is an athlete with all of the attributes. And he has ball skills below his knees.

Blake is honest and can be given a job - he will get "cut up" from time to time but he will also "produce" from time to time.

As with anyone "given a job" he is reliant on others.

L. Fisher I though put in a solid performance last week, more like the L. Fisher we know - good, honest, tough footballer.

We need Milne to eradicate the errors of last week (options and skill). Perhaps we may get 2 "big" ones in three weeks courtesy of his 150th!

King 200, and Gardiner improving.

In with a chance?

We hope so.

And, in my view, Baker is where he should be.

It is, at least to me, invigorating that a "tagger" has not automatically been included in the team.

We have to win the game.

So everyone has to be focussed on beating their opponent.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
The_Dud wrote:

Max = Bradshaw

Fisher = Brown

again, if we play S Fisher as number 1 or 2 defender we will lose our run and therfore lose before the first bounce. Let him play his normal game. Blake can man up on either
Fisher can still provide run if he played on Brown, plus we have Gram and BJ, plus many more, to provide plenty of run

i would gladly give up some of Fishers run instead of sacraficing numerous goals with Blake on Bradshaw....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.