Apologies to Dal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TAGHLAO
Club Player

So Dud are you saying that cause Dal is a superstar game winning machine, he has no obligation to be accountable?

I have been a big fan of Dal's since his first game but I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for the poor performances he is churning out at the moment. Its not good enough and he needs to be told that.

Allan Jeans used to say "If you can't be a good player, don't be a bad one". Well when you get 13 and your player gets 33, your a bad player and your letting the team down.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

TAGHLAO wrote:So Dud are you saying that cause Dal is a superstar game winning machine, he has no obligation to be accountable?
He's supposed to run off his opponent. He's got 17 teammates who could cover for him when he does. Dal's getting hung out to dry right now by his teammates. They're not helping him find the space, find the ball or helping him with his opponent.

Compare what Joel Corey does for his fellow on-ballers with what ours do for each other. If Ablett or Bartel runs off his opponent somebody will pick him up. If one of them is getting tagged, their teammates with harrass the hell out of his opponent. Lastly, their teammates get them the ball. Dal's don't. More than 50% of his touches were contested. His teammates do nothing for him.

Right now I think Dal would be 100% better off playing for any other team in the comp. Same with Roo. Same with Kosi. Same with any player who our opposition decides to focus on.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Buckets
SS Life Member

vacuous space wrote:
TAGHLAO wrote:So Dud are you saying that cause Dal is a superstar game winning machine, he has no obligation to be accountable?
He's supposed to run off his opponent. He's got 17 teammates who could cover for him when he does. Dal's getting hung out to dry right now by his teammates. They're not helping him find the space, find the ball or helping him with his opponent.

Compare what Joel Corey does for his fellow on-ballers with what ours do for each other. If Ablett or Bartel runs off his opponent somebody will pick him up. If one of them is getting tagged, their teammates with harrass the hell out of his opponent. Lastly, their teammates get them the ball. Dal's don't. More than 50% of his touches were contested. His teammates do nothing for him.

Right now I think Dal would be 100% better off playing for any other team in the comp. Same with Roo. Same with Kosi. Same with any player who our opposition decides to focus on.
Dal an on-baller?????? I thought his role was to be on the half back flank and act as the start of any rebound play! To be fair to the likes of Lenny and Ball etc. it is very rare to see them shirk responsibility when it comes to helping team mates out but to say that as Cornes direct opponent that Dal should have been given free help from the above i think is a bit over the top... name for me one thing that Dal did tonight to help others with their direct opponents.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

its the same reason the likes of Scarlett and Wojinski are playing so well for Geelong, they can continually run off there man, even tho they're leaving them unattended in the forward, because they KNOW the team will not cheaply turn over the ball

if either of those players were playing for melbourne, do u think they'd do that?

Cornes could ruin off Dal tonight because he KNEW we wouldn't hurt him on the rebound, cos we move the ball way to slow and waste it going into our forward line

if we were a free flowing, attacking, go for broke team, do u think Cornes would leave a player like Dal Santo unattended?

Dal isn't playing great, but the gameplan isn't helping him either

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:its the same reason the likes of Scarlett and Wojinski are playing so well for Geelong, they can continually run off there man, even tho they're leaving them unattended in the forward, because they KNOW the team will not cheaply turn over the ball

if either of those players were playing for melbourne, do u think they'd do that?

Cornes could ruin off Dal tonight because he KNEW we wouldn't hurt him on the rebound, cos we move the ball way to slow and waste it going into our forward line

if we were a free flowing, attacking, go for broke team, do u think Cornes would leave a player like Dal Santo unattended?

Dal isn't playing great, but the gameplan isn't helping him either
Dud i totally agree when it comes to Dal u call it as it is many can't get past the fact that he's being tagged by the best in the business ala ling cornes and he's going to have quiet games.

Here's a idea how bout some of out other mids block shepherd do something to help dal out.

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Saintschampions08
Club Player

Yep, i can see we need to apologize again, especially after he played that blinder against Essendon, he's not due for another month or two.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

he has played alright tonight one of our best ,

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

The one thing I noticed tonight with Dal.
For the first time this season and I sincerly hope it continues.
He was running for position to get into the contest. (hence how he got his goal)
He was chasing Richmond players who had the ball.

He worked hard tonight and it showed. Him and Luke Ball did the bulk of the work in the midfield. Harves was he usual best as Joey was tagged out of it and Lenny had a OK game

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Saintschampions08 wrote:Yep, i can see we need to apologize again, especially after he played that blinder against Essendon, he's not due for another month or two.
Except our next four are Collingwood (usually go head-to-head without dedicated taggers), Brisbane (no tagger of significance - sent Brennan to Bartel today), Melbourne (McDonald), Western Bulldogs (didn't tag him last time). I'd be expecting a big month of footy from Dal.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Saintschampions08 wrote:Yep, i can see we need to apologize again, especially after he played that blinder against Essendon, he's not due for another month or two.
what more do u want him to do?

he killed them possession wise tonight, he went in for the hard ball, he chased, he put his body on the line

i suppose u missed him chasing that Richmond bloke from the wing to inside forward 50, catching him and laying a great tackle, turning the ball over.... :roll:

he's doing everything YOU critisize him about, what more do u want?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.