St Kilda Vs Western Bulldogs - Pre-Match Discussion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:only two that can't be selected are attard and baker
And all other rookies by virtue of no-one being on the long term injury list. I would have liked to have seen Attard elevated onto the senior list, placed on LTI, which would have given us the choice of rookies (i.e. Geary).

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I'd bring Goddard back in (he was quickly becoming one of my favourite players before his injury) and also CJ for his pace. Don't know who to drop. No idea.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I don't know if BJ or CJ will play against the Dogs....but I certainly agree with the view that they were rested as the selection panel at least wanting to have the option of playing them.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I am concerned most of the "experts" in the media seem to think we are up and flying and the game will be a "big test" for the Dogs.

AFAIAC the Dogs are up and flying and we are not out of second gear as yet. A scratchy but hard fought win against Sydney, and a scrathy and easy fought win against the Carltank rabble against two high scoring wins by Footscray.

I dont think we have hit our straps at all, and if we start like we did against the cheating rabble, the Dogs will smash us and we wont be able to catch them.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I agree with saintsRrising...we must atteack the ball carrier and once they cough it up, move it quickly to the Big 3. If we zone off as we have been doing they'll shred us with their passing if we don't pressure their disposal.

Time for us to go all Geelong on them, attack the man with the ball, then attack our forward 50!!!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:I am concerned most of the "experts" in the media seem to think we are up and flying and the game will be a "big test" for the Dogs.

AFAIAC the Dogs are up and flying and we are not out of second gear as yet. A scratchy but hard fought win against Sydney, and a scrathy and easy fought win against the Carltank rabble against two high scoring wins by Footscray.

I dont think we have hit our straps at all, and if we start like we did against the cheating rabble, the Dogs will smash us and we wont be able to catch them.
Couldnt agree more JB. I totally see it as a test for US, more than them. We are coming up, with our game style and its issues, against a team that has kicked 40 plus goals in 2 weeks! Im worried.

Richter
SS Life Member

Nods in agreement. I see the Dogs as favourites this Friday. Whilst always wanting the Saints to win, it would not be absolutely terrible for our flag chances IMO if we don't - similarly the following week against Geelong although of course losing both would put us much more under the pump vs Essendon and Port on the following couple of weeks.

At this stage of the season we can't expect (or even necessarily want) to be flying - however, this is the sort of game that at the pointy end of the season would hold a shed load more importance....

Would be nice to be at least competitive though........ :D

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

from what i've seen in the first two weeks of the season, we could very well end up being 2 - 4 after the first 6 rounds

so Ross, its time to pull your finger out

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:At this stage of the season we can't expect (or even necessarily want) to be flying - however, this is the sort of game that at the pointy end of the season would hold a shed load more importance
if we're fair dinkum about challenging for the premiership we need to win tomorrow night and go into the match against geelong undefeated.

i'd be very disappointed, given what we can put out there, if we can't account for the bulldogs.

i'm not underrating them ... i think they are a quick and talented side. i just think we're more talented.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

One thing that really stands out comparing our play to geelong is one thing

CONTROL THE CORRIDOR

The cats are willing to create multiple options coming from half back through the guts of the ground. They use the handball to running teammates very very well. Even if off a kick out or rebound from defence a player out wide is found we need to get it back inside.

We looked our best when we found a wide receiver, then moved it back into the middle with quick running passes. Getting to half forward in the centre of the ground allows the forwards to open up space either side of the goals.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

The dogs have the potential to make us look slow, clumsy and silly.

The saints are still a long way off from being the finely tuned unit that it needs to be to win finals.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:The dogs have the potential to make us look slow, clumsy and silly.

The saints are still a long way off from being the finely tuned unit that it needs to be to win finals.
The saints have the POTENTIAL to kick 30 goals... but they wont.... gotta love that P word.....

Since there is still 20 rounds to go I'm happy to see us build slowly, grinding out wins. You have to remember that alot of these players have not played consistant football together. The forwards need to learn to work with each other, the backs need to cover for each other. The mids have to get used to having a ruckman for once!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
The cats are willing to create multiple options coming from half back through the guts of the ground. They use the handball to running teammates very very well. .
I think that alot of this stems from Confidence.

The Ctas currently have the confidence to run in waves and dish off knowing that a team mate will always be there.

The Saints had it diring our streak.....and for example when I was a boy and the Hawks were awesome winning all those flags... I clearly remember seeing the Hawks players in waves moving down the ground. Tackle one and they just dished it off..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....