Gone / delisted - Brooks, Watts, McQualter, Sheldon.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintly wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:
Behind Play wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Behind Play wrote:He has been asked to.
Why though there is no point. The draft is 3 weeks after training starts what is the point of 3 weeks training.
I believe they are prepared to have another look at him and if he goes alright they may keep him.

In other words a big kick up the bum
i'd be happy with that.

i was dissapointed that both watts and brooks is gone.

as they were both tall players.

brooks has some talent. whehter he wishes to use it, only time will tell.
i have been told that watts is slow. if that is the case noone can change that. that maybe its good that he has gone. however he was injured fromuch of year and it is difficult to see how the footy department can make up their mades like that about a tall player. especially since tall players take longer to develop.
I would seriously doubt that Brooks will be asked to train with them. Matter of fact I would be pretty sure he wouldnt be training with them.
Wether he trains or not is totally up to him.........what has he got to lose.
I can assure you though he has been asked and he will be reevaluated.
Brooks will not be asked to train with the saints. As I said earlier what is the point of 3 weeks training for a player who has been there 6 years.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

behind play...how about Mcqualter and especially Watts

have they been asked to re-train?

Behind Play
Club Player

SaintBot wrote:behind play...how about Mcqualter and especially Watts

Have not heard any thing about these two.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:

And neither have you about Brooks but it creates interest.

Behind Play
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Behind Play wrote:

You believe what you want to, Plugger. I wrote yesterday that Sheldon was gone, hope you found that interesting too.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Behind Play wrote:

You believe what you want to, Plugger. I wrote yesterday that Sheldon was gone, hope you found that interesting too.
Behind play has a little more cred then you plugger, personally I would not be suprised that brooks still has supporters in his camp and there is no loss offering him the chance to train with the squad. Especially with such a ? hanging over gards meaning kosi to FF not set in stone.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Plugger's unnamed sources versus Behind Play's unnamed sources. May the strongest and fittest faceless nameless face win.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:Plugger's unnamed sources versus Behind Play's unnamed sources. May the strongest and fittest faceless nameless face win.
the thing is that plugger has never had any sources, he admits that himself. Some of it is good research and knowledge, some just asking the boys.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Behind Play
Club Player

Solar wrote:
vacuous space wrote:Plugger's unnamed sources versus Behind Play's unnamed sources. May the strongest and fittest faceless nameless face win.
the thing is that plugger has never had any sources, he admits that himself. Some of it is good research and knowledge, some just asking the boys.
Why should I name my source? If he doesn't train with the team I will have egg on my face, if he does then am vindicated.

Bloody hell I hope he trains.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:Why is Kosi likely to go down?

He hasn't had a soft tissue injury for 2 years (a bit of hamstring tightness during '07, but that was all)

Last year was all collision injuries.

McQualter is stiff IMO .... first round pick as a midfielder and he only gets 2 years. I reckon he might be rookied again, either by the Saints or another club.

Adelaide delisted the guy they picked with #17, which we traded for Watts. So neither club wins out of that deal.

Someone will most certainly select Watts again ... either in the PSD or draft. In fact, I would put money on him returning to the Crows actually.

Brooks and Sheldon good move.

the three of them will get picked up......mcqualter as a possible rookie selection...brooks to the doggies and watts to adelaide as you say....sheldon.......i'm sure someone will offer him something suitable.....although not in football......
If it happens none of them will be picked up except maybe Watts. Sheldon will stay at the saints.
gawn already....when will you ever learn......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:[

suddenly our bottom six have become a lot better then this years bottom six

casey scorps will be pleased......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger has zero credo....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
If it happens none of them will be picked up except maybe Watts. Sheldon will stay at the saints.
"Mr Magic
Club Player

PostPosted: Sat 13 Oct 3:19 pm Post subject: Sheldon Gone Reply with quote
Just confirmed on SEN - statement from Archie Fraser"

:roll: :roll:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

to the defence of all who have sources (as i do but from the WCE camp) sometimes the story being told from them can change quickly and some sources are form differant areas personaly i dont take anything as gospel until an offical statement form the club but it does premote some insight for the varrious sources

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
dunny17

Spinner wrote:This is absolute rubbish from St Kilda....

Im starting to dislike the RL's conception of a good player.....

Players like Rix, Blake and CJ ahead of others that possess some amount of class.

Pathetic List management.

Who are our up and coming tall KP players now? Allen?

I think that Rossy Lyon is doing great and I think what you have to ask yourself is how many years does the list we have left in them? I believe RL is focused on winning a premiership between 2008-2011 and i think he's going the right way about it.

The axing of brooks, Mcqualter and Watts are all very resonable and the players you think don't perform like these guys are being harshly done by.

Rix- Has been our No.2 Ruckman since late '06, he delivers a contest everytime he's near the ball and has good 1st option instinct, unlike Brooks who is slow and soft! Not what you want in a ruckman.

Blake- Is very lucky Ross Lyon wasn't the coach in 2006 because he was hopeless, obviosly put in a HUGE pre-season and came up trumps, was one of Saints best taggers for the year and if keeps improving will be one of the more reliable players of 2008. Watts is slow and not an athlete like Blake.

Clinton Jones- I thought the kid showed a bit in 2007 certainly more the Mcqualter ever did. Jones is a hard at it, in and under type player which are rare to find in the modern era! McQualter is soft and can't lift the team spirit by going hard at it, his size is a major issue and i wouldn't be suprised if he wasn't picked up.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

dunny17 wrote: McQualter is soft and can't lift the team spirit by going hard at it, his size is a major issue and i wouldn't be suprised if he wasn't picked up.

size..???..how big...or small do you think he is.....????

dunny17

McQualter stands at 179cm and 79kg, small in any context of the game. His size wouldn't be an issue if he threw himself around a bit but doesn't seem to do that where as CJ does.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

oi champ, your avatar is too big

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Dunny17 your avatar is giving me the sh!ts its too big.

RooandKosi
Club Player

Geary, Allen, Armitage, Howard, Jones, Gwilt - ALL up and coming

saints are looking good. no doubt.

Watts, McQualter, brooks while good not GOOD ENOUGH for afl football.

not point tryin to make them something they are not!!

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

RooandKosi wrote:Geary, Allen, Armitage, Howard, Jones, Gwilt - ALL up and coming

saints are looking good. no doubt.

Watts, McQualter, brooks while good not GOOD ENOUGH for afl football.

not point tryin to make them something they are not!!
you really are one for the rose coloured glasses...

jones and gwilt? what good are they?

whilst i will admit i havent seen him play,what makes you think Geary can play?

armitage and howard have a lot of work to do to get a game in our best 22

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Shall we delist those guys too? Perhaps you'd be happy with some unknown picks #106 and #124 in this years draft.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

FWIW I really don't like the model that RL is beginning to create.

Why are we all pinning our hopes on rejects (AS exception) from rival clubs yet so willingly to let our own go after so many years and such high draft selections.

The Sydney model isn't the model to win premierships. Yeh they won one....but it would be naive to believe that its a formula for sustained success.

Its also asks the question...What the f*** to the recruiters do at local football games? Enjoy their time out in the sun? Seriously how hard is it to ensure that a player chosen within the top 20 in AUSTRALIA will be able to make it at the next level. Sometime it seems everyone is too concerned on picking up the smokey from nowhere and not ensuring class is selected every time.

By the times its way too late, im fearing we'll look back and wonder how we managed to continually f*** over our club for so many consecutive years. And it will be acknowledged as one tremendous feat only manageable by St Kilda.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:Shall we delist those guys too? Perhaps you'd be happy with some unknown picks #106 and #124 in this years draft.
No we could have got J.Brown for #106 and both Abletts and Hawkins for #124 if it wasn't for that Kenny Sheldon.

Damn you Sheldon, damn you to Hell.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Otiman wrote:Shall we delist those guys too? Perhaps you'd be happy with some unknown picks #106 and #124 in this years draft.
if you are referring to my post otiman....then..

tell me what Jones offers, except an over-hyped amount of pace, and a shithouse left foot that would hit a target 30% of the time.

tell me how you justify gwilt being retained on our list. Has played a handful of good games, and whilst i believe he is a hff not a key backman, he will not be played in his right position, and as a result he will never break into out best 22.

as i said in my previous post, i know very little about Geary, so i cannot fairly pass judgement.

do you think Howard's 2-3 games this season warrants mass excitement that he will be a star...not criticising him, just ridiculing the stupid post that says we look bright with him on the list..what proof do we have there?

same goes for Armo..i heard he was ready made for afl, and he didn't showm much..again not being critical (or not attempting to be) just sick of the hype and expectation from some, which makes me think that armitage should have been a starting 18 player.

i like the look of Allen, but again unproven...

so there you have it...rooandkosi, our bright future by you telling has about 20 games experience between it, how do you form an opinion that says our future will be so great?