I'm torn...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm torn...

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I really hope we win our next game. What do others think?
I think you are a funny guy

I certainly am. That is the one good thing about me.
I'm sure you are multi faceted Plug.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I really hope we win our next game. What do others think?
I think you are a funny guy

I certainly am. That is the one good thing about me.
I'm sure you are multi faceted Plug.

Im ugly faced but not multi faceted.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Who do you want to win when we play the WB Firey?
Do you stand in front of a mirror all day arguing to yourself? You just love it.

So im arguing that I want the Saints to win. Who would have thought. And because of that im the bad guy. We really do have some strange things happening on this thread especially. Firey hasn't even got the courage to come out and say he wants the WB to win so he talks rubbish. At least if I wanted the best possible pick id have the courage to say I want to lose the last 11 games.
I certainly don't think you are the bad guy plugger despite you saying that I talk rubbish and lack courage, it probably should upset me but I am starting to realise you can't help yourself.
So, I want what's best for the club

Your turn.
So you want to win every game possible?
I think the disagreements on what's "best" for the club right now...
It's clear you'd like 9th
Many feel that papers over cracks that will show when we lose ageing stars
I'm not into false dawns... (see Norf)
I went out with a Dawn once.... she wasn't false at all...

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Do you stand in front of a mirror all day arguing to yourself? You just love it.

So im arguing that I want the Saints to win. Who would have thought. And because of that im the bad guy. We really do have some strange things happening on this thread especially. Firey hasn't even got the courage to come out and say he wants the WB to win so he talks rubbish. At least if I wanted the best possible pick id have the courage to say I want to lose the last 11 games.
I certainly don't think you are the bad guy plugger despite you saying that I talk rubbish and lack courage, it probably should upset me but I am starting to realise you can't help yourself.

Your turn.
Can we use Carlton and Melbourne as examples. By the way North did finish 4th year. Are you suggesting they should have tried to finish lower because I don't get your point.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Your turn.
Fitzroy girl, Teffers?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Your turn.
I told you specifically what I wanted in each game for the rest of the year and you chose to misinterpret it. I really can't help you there.

And keep up the comedy. It's not funny, but it's better than anything else you've written in this thread.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: I told you specifically what I wanted in each game for the rest of the year and you chose to misinterpret it. I really can't help you there.

And keep up the comedy. It's not funny, but it's better than anything else you've written in this thread.
Now that I like.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Your turn.
Can we use Carlton and Melbourne as examples. By the way North did finish 4th year. Are you suggesting they should have tried to finish lower because I don't get your point.
I dont see how Carlton/Melb are even relevant - that makes no sense at all.
Norf certainly are false dawn - do you think Norf are near a flag now????
You dont get many points.....

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Teflon wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Your turn.
I told you specifically what I wanted in each game for the rest of the year and you chose to misinterpret it. I really can't help you there.

I feel hurt the resident SS stand up doesn't find me funny.....is it only funny when people agree with your views?

I do apologise for misinterpreting you ....mediocrity always looks the same to me no matter how one dresses it up...*boom-tish*
(Thats the comedy bit you were after....)

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Your turn.

You seem happy to use names of sides you think haven't finished low enough to get good draft picks so I thought I may add a couple of sides that have had great draft picks and are still down the bottom. It isn't that hard. Just think about it. Do you think Melbourne and Carlton are near a flag now or are your silly examples the only ones that count. I really do hope we beat the WB next game. Cant think of the last side that finished near the bottom 3 years in a row going on to win a flag. Im sure its happened but im only 50 years of age.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Teflon wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Your turn.
Fitzroy girl, Teffers?
Bayside way from memory.....had a lovely chat to her on the phone one day and then that was it!
I guess it was a false dawn..

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
I want our future success to be the winner. :)
spot on Firey!
Its all about the future....the now is just a means to an end to get there...
Gee Parish would be nice though.....

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
spot on Firey!

Seen him play much?

saint3d
Club Player

citywest wrote:My heart says I want St Kilda to win today but my head says otherwise.
As a friendly reminder, the above is from the OP, which is pretty clear about wanting to win and wanting to not win at the same time.

For a while this thread was an argument between people saying 'I agree with the OP!' and others saying 'I never want to not win!'

But after about 15 pages some people changed their position, stating 'Of course I want to win, but I don't mind losing because of the long term. Anyone who's been arguing with me obviously doesn't care about the long term.'

I don't think anyone has fallen for it.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
spot on Firey!
Have you got the entire draft order for next year?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

IMO that Dees win was priceless in terms of future success.

Players worked really hard all day...hence high tackle count etc, and will have learnt that hard work and sticking to the gameplan can play dividends.

Success comes through hard work and not just from luck..

I just do not get the argument that you can have your list just cruise along losing for years, and then just suddenly expect them to start winning. There is no Success Switch.

A truism in football is that players start to hit their straps after 50 games. But I just do not see that happening if those 50 games consist of just going through the motions.

We have been impressed by Lonie, Sinclair and DMack this year. But if they had debutted in a team of of tankers rather than do-or-diers would they have gotten the chance to shine?

Nature vs Nurture is a common debating point. In AFL my belief is that you need both. But also that whatever nature has blessed a player with, that the right nurturing environment will make a huge positive difference.

Conversely in the wrong environment will see the players not reach their potential.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:IMO that Dees win was priceless in terms of future success.

Players worked really hard all day...hence high tackle count etc, and will have learnt that hard work and sticking to the gameplan can play dividends.

Success comes through hard work and not just from luck..

I just do not get the argument that you can have your list just cruise along losing for years, and then just suddenly expect them to start winning. There is no Success Switch.

A truism in football is that players start to hit their straps after 50 games. But I just do not see that happening if those 50 games consist of just going through the motions.

We have been impressed by Lonie, Sinclair and DMack this year. But if they had debutted in a team of of tankers rather than do-or-diers would they have gotten the chance to shine?

Nature vs Nurture is a common debating point. In AFL my belief is that you need both. But also that whatever nature has blessed a player with, that the right nurturing environment will make a huge positive difference.

Conversely in the wrong environment will see the players not reach their potential.
Thats a good sermon if youre Carlton/Melbourne
We arent
I simply dont get people insisting that if we had lost that game to Melbourne then somehow our future development would be stunted and the St Kilda FC would turn into a losers paradise.
Back your club - its about people at the club, not about mythical culture that comes from a win against lowly melbourne
In 4 years time IF we are challenging no one will go back to that game and say 'that was the catalyst for our development'
Thats simply rubbish.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Teflon wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
spot on Firey!
I dont recall saying I did have??
Perhaps you can drag up the post where I stated I knew what next years draft order will be?
Anyway, as usual with your glib little responses its a nothing line that means nothing has nothing in anyway resembling an opinion thats not Pluggers!

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Your turn.

You seem happy to use names of sides you think haven't finished low enough to get good draft picks so I thought I may add a couple of sides that have had great draft picks and are still down the bottom. It isn't that hard. Just think about it. Do you think Melbourne and Carlton are near a flag now or are your silly examples the only ones that count. I really do hope we beat the WB next game. Cant think of the last side that finished near the bottom 3 years in a row going on to win a flag. Im sure its happened but im only 50 years of age.
I dont think Ive ever said draft picks alone guarantee a rise up the ladder or flags? - please produce the post where I state that?
But again you wont, you'll hide behind 'i dont understand...' blah blah and making up lies of what people havent said
You really 50?....must be lonely there...

“Yeah….nah””
stjay
Club Player

All feels a little like trying to get wealthy ripping off the welfare system. Guess it is a sign of the times.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Teflon wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
spot on Firey!
Perhaps you can drag up the post where I stated I knew what next years draft order will be?
Anyway, as usual with your glib little responses its a nothing line that means nothing has nothing in anyway resembling an opinion thats not Pluggers!
I don't think you've said much at all in this thread despite the number of posts.

But you've come pretty close:
Teflon wrote:
I've said pick 5 or below all thread - from whatIve read Parish will do me

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Teflon wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Teflon wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
spot on Firey!
I don't think you've said much at all in this thread despite the number of posts.

But you've come pretty close:
Teflon wrote:
I've said pick 5 or below all thread - from whatIve read Parish will do me
what I have said in this thread is my own opinion......you should try it.....refreshing!
That aside, the above is hardly concrete proof of whatever it is youre trying to prove...
Next you'll be telling me Roo didnt play on the weekend..... :mrgreen:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stjay wrote:All feels a little like trying to get wealthy ripping off the welfare system. Guess it is a sign of the times.
Plenty of crooks on welfare.....many of them with much more silverware in the cupboard than we have...
If you cant beat em.....beat em at their own game...

“Yeah….nah””
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
what I have said in this thread is my own opinion......you should try it.....refreshing!:
A little rich from the guy who can't even offer an opinion on whether he wants the team he supports to win the next game.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote:
Teflon wrote:
what I have said in this thread is my own opinion......you should try it.....refreshing!:
A little rich from the guy who can't even offer an opinion on whether he wants the team he supports to win the next game.
lol - fish in a barrel.

And why would anyone want to try teffers opinion when it has been comprehensively deconstructed and debunked.

it is a flawed and frankly quite dumb opinion.

But seems that dumb is the new black on this thread.

You are garbage - Enough said