I'm torn...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm torn...

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Old Mate wrote:I loved yesterday's win and was cheering the team on in the last minute but I reckon that win cost us the rights to Darcy Parish who will be an absolute jet. He's like a disciplined Andrew Lovett that racks up plenty of ball and has a hard edge to his game. Lovett / Sloane combination.
on the same page old mate
It's weird here on saintsational that the majority cannot understand some supporters having an interest in the draft and getting the most talented kids in the country onto our list. And it's not as simple as draft vs winning. You can support the team but resign yourself to getting a good draft choice when we lose. It's a different culture and perspective on here compared to the Twitter, Facebook, bigfooty Saints community. It's very IS / extremist on here!

There is no problem with that at all but you are either failing to read what others are saying or you just aren't getting it. If people say its better to lose then they aren't supporting the saints. I want us to win our last 11 games. I know we may only win two or three and thus get a good draft pick. Im not worried about Parish yet. Its 6 months away. Anything can happen in that time. Im sure if asked you every Friday if you want to win this week you would say yes but then say if we lose we get a good pick. That's fine. That's how most think but there are some wanting to lose to get the best draft pick possible. I don't get it and will never get it. May as well fast forward your footy life until you think we have enough high draft picks.
I think you are either failing to read what others are saying or you just aren't getting it Plugger. Some want better picks for a better Team for future success how is that not supporting the Saints ?? :shock: So it's your way or the highway ?

Well they aren't supporting the Saints in that particular game are they? I would have thought it is more than my way. Id say it 90% of people want to win the game on the day. Im shocked its not 100%.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Old Mate wrote:I loved yesterday's win and was cheering the team on in the last minute but I reckon that win cost us the rights to Darcy Parish who will be an absolute jet. He's like a disciplined Andrew Lovett that racks up plenty of ball and has a hard edge to his game. Lovett / Sloane combination.
It's weird here on saintsational that the majority cannot understand some supporters having an interest in the draft and getting the most talented kids in the country onto our list. And it's not as simple as draft vs winning. You can support the team but resign yourself to getting a good draft choice when we lose. It's a different culture and perspective on here compared to the Twitter, Facebook, bigfooty Saints community. It's very IS / extremist on here!

There is no problem with that at all but you are either failing to read what others are saying or you just aren't getting it. If people say its better to lose then they aren't supporting the saints. I want us to win our last 11 games. I know we may only win two or three and thus get a good draft pick. Im not worried about Parish yet. Its 6 months away. Anything can happen in that time. Im sure if asked you every Friday if you want to win this week you would say yes but then say if we lose we get a good pick. That's fine. That's how most think but there are some wanting to lose to get the best draft pick possible. I don't get it and will never get it. May as well fast forward your footy life until you think we have enough high draft picks.
I think you are either failing to read what others are saying or you just aren't getting it Plugger. Some want better picks for a better Team for future success how is that not supporting the Saints ?? :shock: So it's your way or the highway ?

Well they aren't supporting the Saints in that particular game are they? I would have thought it is more than my way. Id say it 90% of people want to win the game on the day. Im shocked its not 100%.
Yes but again, and Firey has explained it so I can't understand what you don't get
90% want to win every game every week hang end of year finishes and draft picks as long as they get instant, short term wins - - that's your view, your entitled to it
10% accept where the side is at in terms of really challenging at the top end (see Hawks game for an update), and have a focus longer term with regards to bringing the best talent in we can. The draft is but 1 avenue to that.
Short term wins guarantee little real tangible ongoing benefit - you said that yourself
But of course you don't understand cause that doesn't align to your view

“Yeah….nah””
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

But they are still supporting the Saints. I'm shocked you can't see that.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I can't see us winning more than 6 games with our best chances being against Essendon, the Dees and maybe the Floggies.

There's also a chance that this will be our last win of the season.
Exactly - the last 7 out of 8 games are brutal for us. May even lose all of our final 8 games.
It was important to win yesterday. No side wants to be dysfunctional. The next time we play the Dees and the Doggies they will certainly be waiting and ready for us. The Dees at the G will be a far more difficult proposition. I think we will beat Essendon though. They look haunted to me.
Yesterday was great - I think Melbourne and their supporters probably hate us more than the Western Bulldogs based on what I saw yesterday after the final goal. Love it!

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:I think that the Tankers are going to be even more upset next season.

The Dons are lacking young talent and now have a Dad's Army of past it players.

North have toppoed up two years running, and are not looking that flash.
I think Norf are delusional
I think Norf think the list is better than it is
I think Norf are destined to live in mediocre land for a little while yet
I think Norf needs to bring in some more talent (Jarryd Waite ain't the answer)
I don't want no mans land like Norf thanks

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Love to get this calibre into the guts with Billings and co in a few years...even if I have a so so Sunday night way back in 2015...

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

No they are not. They are supporting us in 2 years time or whenever they are happy with the amount of low draft picks. If you either don't attend because you want to lose or go and hope to lose then you aren't supporting the Saints at the moment. This magical cure of low draft picks may not work out so lets all jump on board every week and hope we win. If we don't then the result is low draft picks which may or may not help us. We have improved this year because young players are having an impact and obviously the older players. The one having the most impact was a later pick that we may or may not have got whatever position on the ladder we finished.

Anyway in 2 weeks time I will watching our game hoping we have another win. I hope we win our last 11 games. We than make the finals.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Yesterday was great - I think Melbourne and their supporters probably hate us more than the Western Bulldogs based on what I saw yesterday after the final goal. Love it!
So did I, heaps. My second daughter had tears in her eyes. All wins are precious, just ask the players. Losses suck big time. Even my son loved the win and he hasn't enjoyed footy since the 2009/10 seasons.

I will take a win any day of the week, besides we already have enough talent to take us a long long way. We can top up later, after we develop what talent we already have.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

No they are not. They are supporting us in 2 years time or whenever they are happy with the amount of low draft picks. If you either don't attend because you want to lose or go and hope to lose then you aren't supporting the Saints at the moment. This magical cure of low draft picks may not work out so lets all jump on board every week and hope we win. If we don't then the result is low draft picks which may or may not help us. We have improved this year because young players are having an impact and obviously the older players. The one having the most impact was a later pick that we may or may not have got whatever position on the ladder we finished.

Anyway in 2 weeks time I will watching our game hoping we have another win. I hope we win our last 11 games. We than make the finals.
yes they are , 2 years 2 weeks whatever but they want the ultimate success. High draft picks the better the chance , that's how we see it and it is in support of the club.
Ok now your turn.
I love this merry go round.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Who do you want to win when we play the WB Firey?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Who do you want to win when we play the WB Firey?
I want our future success to be the winner. :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:

It is a simple question. Who do you want to win when we play the WB? I want future success and also want us to win. What about you?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

It is a simple question. Who do you want to win when we play the WB? I want future success and also want us to win. What about you?
It's a simple answer, I want whats best for the club.

your turn.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Do you stand in front of a mirror all day arguing to yourself? You just love it.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
Do you stand in front of a mirror all day arguing to yourself? You just love it.
:D he does doesn't he,it's becoming rather amusing.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:

So im arguing that I want the Saints to win. Who would have thought. And because of that im the bad guy. We really do have some strange things happening on this thread especially. Firey hasn't even got the courage to come out and say he wants the WB to win so he talks rubbish. At least if I wanted the best possible pick id have the courage to say I want to lose the last 11 games.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

So im arguing that I want the Saints to win. Who would have thought. And because of that im the bad guy. We really do have some strange things happening on this thread especially. Firey hasn't even got the courage to come out and say he wants the WB to win so he talks rubbish. At least if I wanted the best possible pick id have the courage to say I want to lose the last 11 games.
I certainly don't think you are the bad guy plugger despite you saying that I talk rubbish and lack courage, it probably should upset me but I am starting to realise you can't help yourself.
So, I want what's best for the club

Your turn.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

I certainly don't think you are the bad guy plugger despite you saying that I talk rubbish and lack courage, it probably should upset me but I am starting to realise you can't help yourself.

Your turn.

Well if you cant answer that question with a yes then its obvious you want to lose. Most people on a forum that don't know each other could at least have the courage to say that instead of crap about whats best for the club. And big deal if I said you talk rubbish and lack courage. We all ralk crap and we probably all lack courage. I just don't on here because like you im a nobody. Go saints. The best thing for the club is to beat the WB. That im 100% sure of.

Am I supposed to say your turn now or as that for you to make it look like im the only one saying things?
Last edited by plugger66 on Mon 15 Jun 2015 4:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Your turn.
So you want to win every game possible?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Your turn.
So you want to win every game possible?
I want high draft picks at the end of this season knowing we have no hope for the flag.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Your turn.

Well if you cant answer that question with a yes then its obvious you want to lose. Most people on a forum that don't know each other could at least have the courage to say that instead of crap about whats best for the club. And big deal if I said you talk rubbish and lack courage. We all ralk crap and we probably all lack courage. I just don't on here because like you im a nobody. Go saints. The best thing for the club is to beat the WB. That im 100% sure of.

Am I supposed to say your turn now or as that for you to make it look like im the only one saying things?
ok so it's my turn ? that make you feel better :) the merry go round.

Ok I've ascertained you require courage to say things on this forum. If that's the case you are the bravest Plugger :)...now where were we ..oh yeah, the crap about me wanting the best for the club. well that's what I want

your turn.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I really hope we win our next game. What do others think?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I really hope we win our next game. What do others think?
I think you are a funny guy

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
:P

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:

I certainly am. That is the one good thing about me.