Battle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Battle

We’ll beat the hawks next time around

Moods
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Sun 08 Sep 2024 4:47am
Moods wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2024 9:28am
skeptic wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2024 3:54am
Moods wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2024 1:25am

My guess. He’s the sort of bloke who doesn’t like confrontation so he told his teammates he’s staying, knowing he was going. Easier that way. People pleasers.
That’s a near extreme level of avoidance that’s verging on a diagnosable personality disorder. Couldn’t be a functioning member of society if he has to lie to avoid an explainable situation
Seriously, how do you explain trying to run through the banner? He knew he was going but couldn’t tell his teammates.

My mum worked at Fitzroy 30 odd years ago. Reckons Alastair Lynch was very similar. Once it was out he was going, which was the final nail in Fitzroys coffin, he was crying at the club wanting everyone to tell him it was fine and they understood his decision. Just get the f*** out and live with your decision I say. Look people in the eye, tell them honestly, then go
Most average people are actually pretty uncomfortable with directly lying to people that they care about. Usually how it works with those with the more avoidant traits is that they’re inclined to try and lie through omission/misdirection e.g. (Are you staying Battle?):
Probably
I’ll give it some thought
It will be ok
Haven’t decided etc

The story that his teammates went to bed thinking he’s staying and woke to a text that he’s leaving implies that he has out right lied to them… which is just peculiar. That’s bordering on a more serious disorder. That’s all I’m saying

On a personal level, I have no insight into Battle’s mind
Are you staying Josh?
Yeah probably.Not sure. Haven’t worked it all out yet, but I’m pretty happy here and I’ve received a good offer. And I love you guys. We’ll work it out in the next couple of days. Anyway I don’t want to talk about it ( because it makes me uncomfortable)

Players leave thinking, sounds like he’s staying.
Battle tells his manager let’s get this over and done with. This confrontation is killing me.

I know Mitchell had young children while playing at hawks and it was reported that he and Clarko clashed over certain things to do with kids and family not gelling with footy club commitments. Quite likely that Mitchell was able to engage with Josh on a deeper level when wooing him over as apparently Battle’s wife allegedly unhappy with certain aspects of Saints attitude towards family. I don’t know for sure and it’s all rumours but I have heard that from a few different people now.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 08 Sep 2024 12:17pm We’ll beat the hawks next time around
I suspect you are correct. However Josh will still be a wealthy man with no care for the Club he owes it all too and his kids will get an excellent private school education even though there was no banner run through.
His last game for us was unspectacular. Now a mercenary like Lever and May and Barass; plays for Hawthorn but will never be one of their own and not a lot of fondness at Moorabbin either I imagine. His wife will be asking him to distance from the Hawthorn players under 25.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Sicily will get 46 possessions, Battle 28 possessions and Barrass an em"barrass"ingly low (comparatively speaking) 20 possessions against us next time. They will mark everything in sight.

But we will still win.

Our new, improved midfield will prove too much for theirs.

Keno numbers, next.

BadRossco
Club Player

If we get pick 8 for Josh it’s pretty good compensation but can’t see us beating the hawks, they will have a great defence, mobile mids and an improved attack but it’s nice to dream

Killa
Club Player

As a football club and a community club Hawthorn FC have some very substantial challenges ahead of them.

And someone central to those problems remains the power broker.

There will be a lot of headlines which, you would imagine, will not be complimentary.

The very fact that they did not take the resolution process speaks.

So it is off to Court.

Killa
Club Player

And one could add that the attitude attributed to them and (certain of) their players will, in the long run of these events, do them no favors in the Court of public opinion.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

I heard on the Fox Footy podcast that Hawthorn had offered less than St K, but he still wants to go to Hawthorn

If that is the case

Good player but don’t let the door slam on you as you leave

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote: Thu 12 Sep 2024 12:42pm I heard on the Fox Footy podcast that Hawthorn had offered less than St K, but he still wants to go to Hawthorn

If that is the case

Then he's a moron. Obviously the team mates that he had at St Kilda didn't matter!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I don't care about him any more.
I was happy for Newnes when he kicked truly after the siren to give the Bluescum a win- happy for him, yes, alhough I hate the Blues.

Battle can go eat a 🍆

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Mon 09 Sep 2024 11:29am As a football club and a community club Hawthorn FC have some very substantial challenges ahead of them.

And someone central to those problems remains the power broker.

There will be a lot of headlines which, you would imagine, will not be complimentary.

The very fact that they did not take the resolution process speaks.

So it is off to Court.
Yep. Not industry standard.

What are the saints wasting time studying the storm.

So it’s off to Coopers.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Fri 13 Sep 2024 4:00pm
terry smith rules wrote: Thu 12 Sep 2024 12:42pm I heard on the Fox Footy podcast that Hawthorn had offered less than St K, but he still wants to go to Hawthorn

If that is the case

Then he's a moron. Obviously the team mates that he had at St Kilda didn't matter!
I heard he’s an imbecile.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Should fit right in at the Dorks then.

Who in their right mind thinks they look good in those shitty colours.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Fri 13 Sep 2024 7:27pm Should fit right in at the Dorks then.

Who in their right mind thinks they look good in those shitty colours.
No one, well maybe Brereton who also thinks his excretions don't stink. What JBattle sees is the colour of money .
Its clear why Hawthorn is paying big bucks for Battle, he or someone like him is really needed; key defence was an obvious weakness last night. Assuming Battle played and the umps still gifted Hawks 3 goals Hawthorn could have won. But he didn't and they didn't, and now not such a happy team.

I am pleased we didn't resort to an offer JB could not refuse and look forward to how we line up next year.