Hi Saintsational......again. Its been a long time!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hi Saintsational......again. Its been a long time!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:When there is no football to talk about, it is about ego and boredom.
...and the same is true when there IS football to talk about.

It's no better nor worse than any other forum on the internet. Let's not pretend we're special in some way.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
SuNSoN wrote:lol.
mr fox is back.

hahaha ... good onya.

this thread is a classic.

haha .. now for Bungitons return to the fold.

But gaz has anyone ever seen RF and Thommo in the same room??? :D :D

To Mr Thomas. Unfortunately we have one of these type of threads every off season. They start out with the best of intentions but end up in, as Markp just posted, tanty throwing and pissing contests.

When there is no football to talk about, it is about ego and boredom.

And I agree with Mr Fireman.

Bungy is gone but not forgotten.

Did he jump?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
Teflon wrote:Still maintain that list he had at his disposal had a lovely blend of hardened bodies and star kid talent on the way up......cant believe we didnt get a flag.
You can't believe we didn't get a flag or are bitterly disappointed we didn't get a flag?

I would have thought competing against teams with salary cap concessions, the merged Fitzroy/Brisbane list and Port who'd finished on top of the ladder three years in a row would make it reasonably easy to believe.
I'd argue that by the time our list matured under Thomas that the Lions were a spent force and Port hardly reigned with similar dominance....Cats proved that

But alas.... were St Kilda...,if we don't have an excuse we'll find one

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:GT's gone. Move on.

Oh wait!

2 years between posts... What username have you been using since...
I'd guess Johnny....

dragit
Saintsational Legend

member?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:member?
Country?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i think Gough put a slight emphasis on the 't' though.
:)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SuNSoN wrote:i think Gough put a slight emphasis on the 't' though.

yes we remember :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Let the contest continue.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

yea , only because you know you've got the biggest hose.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SuNSoN wrote::)
yea , only because you know you've got the biggest hose.
and don't you forget it :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

s.hit, I just went back to page 21 to see what all the kerfuffle was about.

Dont some people take themselves fkn seriously or what?

Thank christ I didn't read the first 20 pages, my brain would be dripping out of my ear.

Speaking of thread jacking clowns, haven't seen stinger on my ignore list lately. Has the halfwit been banned again or has the old twat finally done the world a favour and shuffled off this mortal coil? :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:GT's gone. Move on.

Oh wait!
!!
wb rf

asiu
Saintsational Legend

sleeping, after 24 hours shouting at reindeers i reckon.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
StThomo wrote:WOW! Settle down guys!! I have been very busy on business matters and more recently Xmas prep for family and haven't had time to engage. It's been bought to my attention that there are some testosterone issues. Firstly I accept your criticisms and apologise for not being available. I will attempt to go back and answer what I can. If something is personal I see no point in responding. Could I make the subtle point that sometimes information may not necessarily be close to the truth. There are a lot of myths in footy. I truly enjoy the passion and interaction. I am not beyond criticism. How about we leave the past, after all it was 6 years ago. I am more interested in the future. Always happy to answer specific questions about my time, coaching etc but let's just (upfront) agree to disagree about certain aspects, respect each others points of view and move on. I learned a long time ago not to worry about untruths and if it is true I'm happy to admit it and/or do something about it. Please don't get into argy bargy with each other over views on me - its not worth it. If people want to ridicule, abuse and disrespect I'm sure they will settle down if ignored. Robust passionate debate is fine. Apologies I couldn't be quicker to respond to questions. Cheers
Well weren't we all a bit like an over eager pre-teen waiting to get an sms back from a girl he likes....

Anyway, good post, take ur advice and refer it back to this thread. Leave the past (21 pages of mostly rubbish) in the past. What you wrote was a sensible, logical response. If you aren't careful GT you might just win over a few on here. Good stuff...
:D ...and here was me thinking this thread had gone to sh!t like so many in the past....great to see you back grant....a few on here could learn from your grace and good manners as evidenced in your quoted post.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
defacto
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:WhiteWinmar. You obviously have much more time on your hands than me. You are correct, I should not criticize unless I am prepared to dedicate the time to outline specifics and state my sources. On the flip side you too should quote your sources on coaching contracts, recruiting department expenditure, medical / training services expenditure etc and place it in the context of the average expenditures of the era leading into and during the Thomas years. Otherwise they can be viewed as speculation or at best repetition of commonly misreported or misrepresented figures. As you are a previous consultant (paid and unpaid) of the club you would be well aware that I shall never expose my sources of information. However I shall expose that I was a paid consultant of the AFL from 1995 to 2002. I shall also expose that I have volunteered to assist St Kilda on several membership drives dating back to 1992 when I worked on the membership committee with Andrew Plympton, Gerry Ryan and Travis Payze was I believe Presdent. Over a 20 year period I have only ever tried to assist the club with the belief that we cannot undo the mistakes of the past; instead we shall learn from them and move on to build a better future.

If you are basing you claim that Grant Thomas was paid $500,000 a year on this:

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/thom ... 1116825928

Then please take into account that this was the salary in his last year and that his salary after reaching multiple finals series and not his starting salary as inferred by others (outraged by the so called corrupt recruitment process) or as the average wage as inferred by you.

I am sincerely saddened and sickened by the slanging match that Saintsational has become.

I am even further saddened when resolution of conflict is proposed through a physical clash to sort things out face to face.

You are obviously a passionate person and have a high intellect but perhaps you may just want to take a deep breath and just enjoy some of the lovely summer weather we are having and return to Saintsational with some constructive suggestions on how we can improve our on and off field performance.
pure pwnage. love reading your insights mate, very informative!!!!

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:WhiteWinmar. You obviously have much more time on your hands than me. You are correct, I should not criticize unless I am prepared to dedicate the time to outline specifics and state my sources. On the flip side you too should quote your sources on coaching contracts, recruiting department expenditure, medical / training services expenditure etc and place it in the context of the average expenditures of the era leading into and during the Thomas years. Otherwise they can be viewed as speculation or at best repetition of commonly misreported or misrepresented figures. As you are a previous consultant (paid and unpaid) of the club you would be well aware that I shall never expose my sources of information. However I shall expose that I was a paid consultant of the AFL from 1995 to 2002. I shall also expose that I have volunteered to assist St Kilda on several membership drives dating back to 1992 when I worked on the membership committee with Andrew Plympton, Gerry Ryan and Travis Payze was I believe Presdent. Over a 20 year period I have only ever tried to assist the club with the belief that we cannot undo the mistakes of the past; instead we shall learn from them and move on to build a better future.

Then please take into account that this was the salary in his last year and that his salary after reaching multiple finals series and not his starting salary as inferred by others (outraged by the so called corrupt recruitment process) or as the average wage as inferred by you.

I am sincerely saddened and sickened by the slanging match that Saintsational has become.

I am even further saddened when resolution of conflict is proposed through a physical clash to sort things out face to face.

You are obviously a passionate person and have a high intellect but perhaps you may just want to take a deep breath and just enjoy some of the lovely summer weather we are having and return to Saintsational with some constructive suggestions on how we can improve our on and off field performance.
Thanks for the considered reply, BFU, but there are a couple of points I'd lie to make. First, you demand I should reveal my sources, yet you refuse to name yours. Where is your source for knowing what GT's salary was when he started? I note you don't mention what it was and produce one piece of evidence that indicates he was on $540K. I know that was 2006, but he was earning around that mark for most of his tenure. Did you see his contract, or ask him? If you don't know, it hardly seems fair that you dismiss the figures I've quoted without having evidence supporting your stance.

Secondly, the amount of GT's salary was widely debated and often quoted as being $500K in the media. I based my opinion on these many mentions, plus what I was told by a club staff member of the time. You say the media reporting of his salary was erroneous, but you produce no evidence to support your stance. The recruiting budget estimate also came from a source within the club's staff group. I take it there was nothing else you wanted to dispute.

I too, am saddened by what sometimes happens on this site. One thing I will reiterate is that I won't sit back when I am attacked personally, especially when the attacker has no basis for the attack, other than the fact they disagree with me. If you want to abuse or denigrate me, don't be disappointed when I fight back. It seems there are plenty of hypocrites on here who indulge in sarcasm and abuse, while denigrating others for doing the same (eg.bear talbot and P66).

I know your advice is well intentioned and is received in the manner it was intended to be. I've had a nice break, thank you, but if you think I lose a moment's sleep over what goes on in this forum, you are mistaken. As for being "owned" defacto (I presume that's what you meant), without being disrespectful, that gave me a good laugh.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
defacto
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:
defacto wrote:

Thanks for the considered reply, BFU, but there are a couple of points I'd lie to make. First, you demand I should reveal my sources, yet you refuse to name yours. Where is your source for knowing what GT's salary was when he started? I note you don't mention what it was and produce one piece of evidence that indicates he was on $540K. I know that was 2006, but he was earning around that mark for most of his tenure. Did you see his contract, or ask him? If you don't know, it hardly seems fair that you dismiss the figures I've quoted without having evidence supporting your stance.

Secondly, the amount of GT's salary was widely debated and often quoted as being $500K in the media. I based my opinion on these many mentions, plus what I was told by a club staff member of the time. You say the media reporting of his salary was erroneous, but you produce no evidence to support your stance. The recruiting budget estimate also came from a source within the club's staff group. I take it there was nothing else you wanted to dispute.

I too, am saddened by what sometimes happens on this site. One thing I will reiterate is that I won't sit back when I am attacked personally, especially when the attacker has no basis for the attack, other than the fact they disagree with me. If you want to abuse or denigrate me, don't be disappointed when I fight back. It seems there are plenty of hypocrites on here who indulge in sarcasm and abuse, while denigrating others for doing the same (eg.bear talbot and P66).

I know your advice is well intentioned and is received in the manner it was intended to be. I've had a nice break, thank you, but if you think I lose a moment's sleep over what goes on in this forum, you are mistaken. As for being "owned" defacto (I presume that's what you meant), without being disrespectful, that gave me a good laugh.
tis all good mate: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwnage

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

WhiteWinmar

It was you that demanded that I reveal my sources.

I did not demand that you reveal your sources.

I was making the point that I would not reveal mine and harm the reputation of associates who shared information in confidence ... in exactly the same way you would not want to expose your sources for the exact same reason.

I am happy to stand on my track record here in terms of providing harmless but accurate information about the club and players that was of interest to Saintsational readers and the times I have helped Saintsational and the Moorabbin Wing connect with the club administration as to assist in their formation by highlighting the vision of enthusiastic supporters wanting to create something better for the club and its supporters ... and then supporting their endeavors beyond the administration to board level.

I am actively trying to improve the St Kilda Football Club.

I hope that you will make this your focus too.

Have a happy new year.

Go Saints in 2013.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote: Thanks for the considered reply, BFU, but there are a couple of points I'd lie to make.

freudian slip, mate???? :wink: :oops:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:WhiteWinmar

It was you that demanded that I reveal my sources.

I did not demand that you reveal your sources.

I was making the point that I would not reveal mine and harm the reputation of associates who shared information in confidence ... in exactly the same way you would not want to expose your sources for the exact same reason.

I am happy to stand on my track record here in terms of providing harmless but accurate information about the club and players that was of interest to Saintsational readers and the times I have helped Saintsational and the Moorabbin Wing connect with the club administration as to assist in their formation by highlighting the vision of enthusiastic supporters wanting to create something better for the club and its supporters ... and then supporting their endeavors beyond the administration to board level.

I am actively trying to improve the St Kilda Football Club.

I hope that you will make this your focus too.

Have a happy new year.

Go Saints in 2013.
Sorry BFU, I didn't need you to reveal your sources. I just wanted you to provide evidence to support your claims. I don't doubt your commitment or integrity. I was just wondering what your accurate information was based on. Happy New Year to you and all fellow sainters, too. Despite what some doomsayers on here think, I genuinely believe we're in for an exciting ride in 2013.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
White Winmar wrote: Thanks for the considered reply, BFU, but there are a couple of points I'd lie to make.

My bad Stinger. Did my subconscious or limbic system hijack me?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
stinger wrote:

My bad Stinger. Did my subconscious or limbic system hijack me?
:wink:

bungiton
SS Life Member

Welcome back GT good to see you back my man. Also it's a long overdue owyagarn to all the passionate mates I've made on this website. Been on a little bit of a self discovery tour and come out the other side as positive and motivated as ever with a plan to start an awesome business venture, if you like ice cream but can't do milk you'll definitely be loving me really soon.
Anyway Grant, I am glad to have you around, glad to be back on ss and look forward to seeing Scotty take the boys back into the eight. I remember when you were in Perth and accepted my request to chat to our little footy show pre game. I think that is the mark of you, a man who loves his club, is passionate about his footy and remembered the people that really matter in the game- the fans.
I would love to have a beer with you next time I'm in Melbourne.

Ok I'm back saintsational, come at me

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.