Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour Thread

gringo wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Dawes and Wellingham to Melb for pick 4 ... Caddy to collingwood for pick 4 ... I don't think so but being floated around

Melbourne would have to be mentally unstable to want to turn Viney into 2 hacks that collingwood are off loading. But I'm surprised the Pies don't want pick one twice for those players.
I believe pick 3 is for viney pick 4 is the Scully compo

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Still I will personally give them half a sandwich and pick 96 for that pick 4 and they will still be ahead of what the pies are offering. If they do that they deserve to be s*** for eternity.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
matrix wrote:has big kev carked it??! :shock:

blimey
sorry big kev

but yeah
the rumor got me a little excited

god knows if its true
was told yesterday
i got all big kev'ed up
then thought
gee i hope it actually has some truth to it
Don't worry Matrix, I used the big Kev line a lot. It was always good for a laugh. Then one day I said it in a presentation to a board of execs, as in, "I'm Big Kev (excited) about this venture", when one of the board members piped up, "What, dead?" The looks I got suggested I'd just told them I loved having sex with small, furry rodents. Never used it since. Didn't know he'd crossed the Jordan.
What the hell is wrong with having sex with small, furr....

Oh, s***, please tell me this mic is switched off? :shock:
Beavers, cats & bearded clams are all okay I think.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I heard Hurley wants to leave the Bummers cos they are giving his jumper to BJ :lol:

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

Beavers, cats & bearded clams are all okay I think.
My preference are pussy cats? :shock:

Saintsational Legend

The saints sat with Josh Caddy today, and they were super impressed with his interview, and Caddy's commitment should the saints get the deal done.

It emerged late this morning that Gold Coast would potentially take pick 14 that the saints have as their first round pick, for Caddy.

Why you ask? Well the Suns only have 1 pick inside the first round, that is at pick 2. Given their development program, they want to bring more elite kids in through the draft, and thus an active pick in the draft vs a compensation pick that can only be activated from next year onwards, would trump Geelong.

The suns want to bring somebody in ASAP to replace Caddy, and can do so with pick 14. They don't want to wait another year, which means the saints could secure Caddy which would be fantastic for St Kilda.

Still on the saints, they are getting closer and closer to convincing Jamie Cripps to stay. Reports from Herald Sun journalists, is that the saints are confident now that they can reconvince Cripps to stay.

The saints also are in the running to secure Koby Stevens and Ben Jacobs from West Coast and Port Adelaide respectively. They have a lot of young kids on their radar, so you've got to wonder how they are going to get them all, especially given Stevens is a second round, and both Caddy and Jacobs were early first round.

#1 Ryder fan
jays
Club Player

that would be great to get all those kids

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

How to get stevens with cripps staying? Ledger? Or draft pick?

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

DAY 3 WASH UP:

FREE AGENCY:

What started off as a very slow day, went off with a bang at around 3pm! We waited all day for something to happen, and within a few moments, it was news galore!

The only signing for the day was Port Adelaide player, now Fremantle Player Danyle Pearce getting the all clear from the power to sign with Fremantle, after they conceded they could not, or more should we say "would not" match the offer put to him by the Dockers.

Pearce will be a great addition to the Fremantle side, and will add a lot more pace, given the array of inside midfielders Fremantle currently have.

Other than Pearce signing with Fremantle, there was nothing else to report on from the Free Agency Front.

TRADE RUMOURS:

COLLINGWOOD & MELBOURNE:
The pies once again dominated headlines, which just quietly is getting rather annoying, but in this case, at least it wasn't another trade rumour, and another player being linked to the westpac centre.

Instead, it was news that Chris Dawes had allegedly "Cracked the s***s" with Eddie, after the pies yesterday recruited Quinten Lynch. For those who are still not in the loop of what has unfolded today, here is a quick run down;

Dawes has now questioned Collingwood and where they currently stand in regards to Dawes as a forward. Buckley said yesterday that the acquisition of Lynch, means that Dawes would spend his time at Full Forward, with Jolly and Lynch rotating through the ruck, much like the combination of Leigh Brown and Jolly in 2010/2011.

Dawes has spoken with Eddie, and said that he want's to field offers from other clubs, in fear that he's become the "third banana" up forward, behind Cloke and Lynch. Yes Dawes - you are a banana. You banana!

Dawes' manager spoke on Trade Radio this afternoon, and had confirmed "More than 2, but less than 5" teams are "very interested" in recruiting Chris Dawes, those teams now have been made clear as they are Melbourne, Carlton and St Kilda.

Given St Kilda have Raph Clarke and Kosi, i'm not quite sure why they want to add to that with Chris Dawes, but hey! Who's judging?

Regardless of my smartarse comments, Melbourne are super interested in Dawes and Now Wellingham, who, like Dawes, is fielding offers from Clubs. Expcept in Dawes case, there is more interest for him.

Wellingham sat with West Coast yesterday, but they are now no longer interested in the speedy wingman, and will not seek to get a deal done. Fremantle have no interest, especially after securing Danyle Pearce today as a free agent.

It all once again comes back to Melbourne. The dees are finally starting to show some aggressiveness and Damian Barrett this afternoon confirmed that Melbourne were gearing up to make a huge play for both Dawes and Wellingham in the one hit.

Collingwood are believed to be interested in dealing with Melbourne, and sending the duo over however will sit with them in the coming days to discuss their intentions, in preparation for trade week.

Damian Barrett eluded to the fact that Melbourne would trade pick 13 to Collingwood, in return for the pair. There is as much logic in it, as it is madness, depending on what side of the fence you sit on.

Melbourne have promised to make things happen in free agency and in the trade, and are still yet to acquire anyone.

Giving up pick 13 for two blokes that are both 24 might seriously be worth it, despite questions over their abilities. Dawes was instrumental in 2010, before being dogged by injuries in 2011, and suffering poor form due to a new role that didn't suit him in 2012. Wellingham is seen to be one of Collingwood's most underated players, but has had an out of sorts year in regards to form and presence on the park.

Their currency is down, so it might be the best time to make a big play for them, giving up less than what they possibly would have to, if the dees made a play back at the end of 2010.

Collingwood might see JUST pick 13 as a bit of a rip off, and may ask for pick 13 and possibly a third round, just to smooth things out. Perhaps it might be pick 13 plus a Ricky Petterd? The pies are interested in Stef Martin, so he could be involved in getting the deal done too, and Jared Rivers has also been linked to the pies.

If Collingwood are going to lose a forward and a midfielder, you'd sugest that they'd go after another forward, or even a ruckmen given the pies already have Brown, Reid and Keefe.

Could the pies make a late charge for Tippett if Adelaide would consider pick 13?

We're speaking hypothetically here; but if Collingwood lost Dawes and Wellingham, received pick 13, and then traded that to Adelaide for Tippett... that could be the biggest story of October.

MELBOURNE:
Aside from all the drama surrounding the Collingwood Football Club, there is one other big story emerging from day 3 of free agency....

It's been reported this afternoon that Melbourne defender, James Frawley is seeking a trade out of Melbourne, and although I personally am in disbelief, and really didn't believe it had much legs to it, Herald Sun journalists have said that Chip has already sat with St Kilda recruiters, and it's only become public today.

It'd be an astronomical loss to Melbourne, especially if both Frawely AND Rivers departed. There goes the back line...

I must stress however, we can only treat this as a bad, bad, bad nasty rumour which I hope does not come true. Melbourne can't take a trick at the moment, and to lose one of their most instrumental players would be devastating.

ST KILDA:
The saints sat with Josh Caddy today, and they were super impressed with his interview, and Caddy's commitment should the saints get the deal done.

It emerged late this morning that Gold Coast would potentially take pick 14 that the saints have as their first round pick, for Caddy.

Why you ask? Well the Suns only have 1 pick inside the first round, that is at pick 2. Given their development program, they want to bring more elite kids in through the draft, and thus an active pick in the draft vs a compensation pick that can only be activated from next year onwards, would trump Geelong.

The suns want to bring somebody in ASAP to replace Caddy, and can do so with pick 14. They don't want to wait another year, which means the saints could secure Caddy which would be fantastic for St Kilda.

Still on the saints, they are getting closer and closer to convincing Jamie Cripps to stay. Reports from Herald Sun journalists, is that the saints are confident now that they can reconvince Cripps to stay.

The saints also are in the running to secure Koby Stevens and Ben Jacobs from West Coast and Port Adelaide respectively. They have a lot of young kids on their radar, so you've got to wonder how they are going to get them all, especially given Stevens is a second round, and both Caddy and Jacobs were early first round.

CARLTON:
The blues stated this morning that they wouldn't be players in the free agency, but that hasn't stopped them taking interest in the trade period. Carlton have been strongly linked to Scott Gumbelton from the Bombers, and given Essendon have told Gumby that from here on end, they will only ever offer 1 year contracts at a time to Gumbleton, you've got to think that Gumbleton will be seriously weighing his options up.

At only 24, he looks to have put his injuries behind him, and with still 6-10 years left in his career you don't want to be renegotiating contracts at the end of every season. He wants security, and if Carlton can offer it to him, he'll take it.

WESTERN BULLDOGS:
The dogs came out today and said they are mustering up a trade to get rights to Jack Martin as a priority 17 year old in the GWS Mini draft this year. Nothing has been said about what pick they will send to GWS, and given the dogs have picks 5 and 6, you'd assume it'd be one of them.

The dogs ideally want to pick up Jimmy Toumpas with one of their picks, and also secure Martin as a 17 year old.

GOLD COAST:
Bam! The suns came out this morning and made a big offer to Tippett, and it's all but ready to go through. The suns are offering a heavily front ended contract, reported to be $3.2 million over a 3 year deal, with the bulk of that to come in his first year in 2013. It means that the suns really cannot lose him now.

Another interesting fact that came out this morning, is that the suns were encouraging Tippett to walk out on the suns, and go straight to the preseason draft.

Gold Coast are being as sneaky as they are smart, they don't want to give up young guns Day, Gorringe or Tape, but they want their man at the same time.

For those wondering how that works - Tippett walks out on the crows, and goes to the preseason draft. GWS cannot take Tippett with the first pick in the preseason, as they already took Phil Davis last year (Each club can only take 1 uncontracted player from each club within a 12 month window). Given GCS are in their second year, (Remember they secured Bock as an uncontracted player from Adelaide) they are now free to take Tippett, given it's been 24 months since they took Bock.

It means that Adelaide get shafted, yet Gold Coast take the full house. Day, Gorringe, Tape and Tippett. Ouch!

Apart from that, there was not much other movement today. Rivers looks set to remain at Melbourne, after reconsidering his stance on free agency.

World renowned knee surgeon Professor Julian Feller has given SA star Troy Menzel the all clear in regards to his knees, saying that there is no risk involved.

Luke Hodge's mrs had a baby boy, which means there is a potential father/son selection going to happen this time 18 years from now!

Leon Cameron will become senior assistant coach to Kevin Sheedy after he arrived in Sydney this morning with a GWS offiacial. It means that he will do a backflip on Port Adelaide, and knock back a 5 year deal put to him to coach the power, instead be assistant to Sheeds for the next 1-2 years, before taking over what will be a power house in GWS in the next few years.

Sorry Power fans, but if I had the choice to coach Port Adelaide or GWS, I know which one it'd be....

Adelaide have become front runners to secure Jon GIles from the Giants, given he's ready to walk from GWS the crows would be very happy about adding him to the addition.

Geelong have opted NOT to take Jordan Bourke as a father/son selection this year. Instead he will be zoned to the suns as a priority zone selection. There was questions over Bourke's ability at the moment, and if Geelong aren't willing to use a third or fourth round pick on a past captain's son, well then they must know that he is not worth picking up, not even as a rookie. That say's quite a lot....

NEWS COMING THROUGH JUST NOW is that Hamish McIntosh has formally requested a trade to North Melbourne, and North Melbourne have released that information meaning that Hmac WILL 100% be on the trade table next week.

Geelong already have interest in him, but as the Ox said on 1116 SEN, expect the saints and pies to go hard for him, considering they really need another ruckmen. Geelong won't get him too easily, so they'll face stiff competition.

Collingwood made a very big play for him last year, but Brad Scott insisted that he was off the table.

And that's a wrap!!!

#1 Ryder fan
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I am a little lost, Melbourne have pick 13, and we get 14?

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Impressive MC! Much more sensible the way you put things. Beats the ramblings and dribblings elsewhere......

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:I am a little lost, Melbourne have pick 13, and we get 14?
Melb currently have 13 but that will be pushed back to 14 when/if we get 13 as compo.

saintmont
Club Player

Thank You for that wrap MC Gusto I really enjoyed reading what's going on.

andrewg
Club Player

Awesome MC Gusto

For your sake hope you didn't post that on an iPhone:)
Last edited by andrewg on Wed 03 Oct 2012 10:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Excellent summary M Gusto. If we got half the players were supposed to be after we will have done well

I love this club
Saintersss
Club Player

Just FYI, it is not M Gusto's summary, he is just copying and pasting from the Facebook page.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

McIntosh has a bung knee...he's the first player to have LARS on his PCL...(not his ACL)

Let Geelong have him so that we aren't the laughing stock if this LARS technique fails... :shock:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
StGoddard18
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:McIntosh has a bung knee...he's the first player to have LARS on his PCL...(not his ACL)

Let Geelong have him so that we aren't the laughing stock if this LARS technique fails... :shock:
I agree. Surgery on PCL's never really work out well.

Follow me on Twitter @Prestie18
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

If Melb have 13 and we officially wont be told what our Goddard pick is till last week of trade period......couldnt Melb just trade 13 to Pies week 1....then when we are told our compensations its already been pushed back?

“Yeah….nah””
Saintersss
Club Player

Teflon wrote:If Melb have 13 and we officially wont be told what our Goddard pick is till last week of trade period......couldnt Melb just trade 13 to Pies week 1....then when we are told our compensations its already been pushed back?
The pick gets squeezed in between Pick 12 and Pick 13. So if Melbourne trade Pick 13, it will turn into Pick 14 if we get first tier compensation.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Got the wrap from the Internet machine my guys are hush hush at the minute other than telling me pelchen has many irons in the fire

#1 Ryder fan
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Saintersss wrote:Just FYI, it is not M Gusto's summary, he is just copying and pasting from the Facebook page.
That page is always accurate with their information!! :roll:

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Trade Week Radio reported earlier that Melbourne would offer up PICK NUMBER 4 in the 2012 NAB National Draft, in return for Chris Dawes and Sharrod Wellingham.

With that pick, Collingwood all of a sudden become a very big player with multiple options as to what to do with pick 4.

Here are their options;

- They could use pick 4 in the draft, and players that are looming as pick 4 are Brodie Grundy (ruckmen from SA) or Jimmy Toumpas (midfielder from SA).

- They could use pick 4 and trade it to GWS in the mini draft, to secure the very first pick in the mini draft, which will likely be either Jesse Hogan or Jack Martin - both from WA.

OR

Given the fact Adelaide would do just about anything to get their hands on SA boy Jimmy Toumpas...

- They could dangle pick 4 in front of Adelaide, which would secure Jimmy Toumpas in the draft, in return for Kurt Tippett to Collingwood.

I must stress that all of the above is just a rumour at this stage, so it needs to be treated as just that.

#1 Ryder fan
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Wellingham only going to WA if he leaves filth. Find it hard to see Dees attracting anyone worth anything really.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Wellingham only going to WA if he leaves filth. Find it hard to see Dees attracting anyone worth anything really.

Mitch Clark last year.