Lovett suspended

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:And in order to appease you, the attacking of rodgerfox being scrutinised closely as well.

Behave yourselves (sounds like addressing children doesn't it)
Instead of bans, I say bring back the strap.
Already way too much flogging going on already :wink:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Fair dinkum have a good look at yourselves

Its always someone elses fault..someone else ia always getting away with murder and you're the one singled out..woe is me im hard done by..over and over and over and over...by the biggest bunch of grown adults masquerading as 5 year olds Ive ever met

IVe just about had enough... I came on this site way back when cos I love the St Kilda Football Club. I agreed to be a mod cos I looked forward to making a small contribution to helping out a site full of folk who care passionately about something as much as I do....hmmm a touch idealistic it seems

You know who I feel sorry for? The 95% of people on this Forum who just wanna talk footy. Not chest-beat or preen their egos..just talk footy. GOd how many of them might have wanted to put their opinions on Andrew Lovett on this or other threads but read the recent crap and been scared of being abused?

The absolute killer though are those who have the bloody temerity and gall to BLAME THE MODS for all the fighting thats going on...and somehow its the mods who "drive good posters away"...No taking responsibility for the trash they post, oh no they can just write anything they like and if the mods dont take their side and ban the people they dont like...then the sites not being moderated properly??? Give me a freaking break!!

Sorry to rant and maybe im throwing my toys out of the cot too, but for the love of God, grow up a bit some of you. I'm not naming names you know who you are. Please??? Pretty please??

HERE HERE, agree absolutely 100%, well said, said what needed to be said!

mmm, except the love of god bit, exit out god and exit IN, Michael Rix

this is ONLY a footy forum,

don't take things so seriously,

I recently attended a funeral of someone who was very, very, very close to me,

log in here and you'd swear this cluster **** of anonymity is more important than life itself,

ONE LIFE, DO SOMETHING

SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE AND MEANINGFUL and this site is most definitely NOT a part of that, if you're FAIR DINKUM!

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

I hope Lovett keeps his fitness/training up while the investigation continues. We get back from our break soon, and he will start missing out on training now, which definitly isn't ideal (nor is the whole situation, but i'm focusing on the football side of it).

Carpe Diem
Milton66
SS Life Member

gazrat wrote:i did say .... why was it so ?

gossip says jb copped a warning , but who knows , beside you guys ...but i wasnt even thinking and definately wasnt writing anything about 'warnings' .... just double standards , but i see how it seems that way

roger fox has been persistently and consistently hammered in thread after thread after thread ... the process is , he posts , the clan trash him ...thats what i see !

i havn't noticed anything different with regards to rogerfox's treatment , have you ?

(if not , any warnings , assumed or actual , didnt change much !)

its been going on a long long time hd , we all know that ... or am i wrongly assuming everyone has the skillset to see 'reality'
Rodger gets hammered because his posts appear deliberate in their purpose of stirrin gup trouble.

He only posts on a very narrow topic (anything bad about the coach), and is selective in whom he replies to.

I suspect he enjoys baiting posters such as myself because he knows he'll get a reaction.

He throws in hand grenades, then doesn't back up his assetions.

F*** me, even Stinger doesn't do that shyte. Credit where it's due.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Unforgiven wrote:I hope Lovett keeps his fitness/training up while the investigation continues. We get back from our break soon, and he will start missing out on training now, which definitly isn't ideal (nor is the whole situation, but i'm focusing on the football side of it).
i imagine he pbly still has an under the table training program

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Really? Banned from the club and it's facilities though. Either way it's not an ideal situation.

Carpe Diem
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I know the allegations are appalling ... oh about Lovett - not posters on here ... but THIS is the Lovett I want to see in Saints colours ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjMyb6mR0zU
Regardless of what an idiot he may be in real life his footy can be sublime. I was a great Luke Ball fan but I would take the Lovett pick up over him in a heartbeat ... IF we can get the man on the park. I just hope this mess will be sorted out for everyone.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Yes its amazing when the footy department are allowed to spend a certain amount of money what can happen where as previously they had huge budget constraints. Luckily you would know this of course because seem to know what the budgets were back in the mid 2000's compared to now. And just in case you dont have the figures, we were making around one million back then with much smaller revenue compared to a small loss with a larger revenue base now.
ACTUALLY,

In 2005 Butterss/board promised Thomas everything he wanted plus the kitchen sink for his final stab in the dark, when he refused to accept a professional football department not run solely by him,

$250,000 was spent re-surfacing Moorabbin
$100,000 was spent on new gym equipment

The recruiting budget remained the same > 16th in the AFL > WHY?

Of course Thomas also got what he wanted with six figure sums coming off the bottomline, for overseas holidays disguised as training camps,

aside from the gym equipment, no extra money was spent on fitness and conditioning,

Grant Thomas last year remarked how in his opinion " fitness and conditioning staff are overrated"

When Lyon was appointed he was appalled at the fitness levels of our list and the recruitment of so many SLOW players!

When Misson took charge of fitness and conditioning he requested time trials for our players dating back as far as 2003 and was told that they did not exist!

To me this confirms that he was way out of his depth and as he controlled the entire football department and didn't communicate with the board, Thomas gave scant regard to areas that should not have been neglected and ended up costing us a premiership or two!

In 2005 Grant " fitness and conditioning staff are overrated" Thomas refused to accept Matthew Drain, insisted on full control and maintained the status quo, whereby his negligence and incompetence in key areas such as FITNESS AND CONDITIONING continued, so blame the board if you want but they gave Thomas six figure sums for overseas holidays/training camps for 14 days, annuallywhen Thomas insisted on them, but no money was ever spent or seemingly requested by Grant "fitness and conditioning staff are overrated" Thomas for the players fitness and conditioning or recruitment budgets, EVEN WHEN HE HAD THE BOARD TELLING HIM, WE WILL GIVE YOU EVERYTHING YOU WANT, ASK AND SO SHALL YOU RECEIVE!
Just because you mention things every post doesnt make it fact. You wouldnt have a clue about was offered to Gt as i wouldnt but I do know that we increased our footy department budget for the start of 2007 and then much more again when footy first took over in 2008 but as you seem to know Gt refused to increase it can you please provide direct quotes on this. I would rather not have your quotes because they are just made up in your little brain. They arent fact whether you mention them once or 50 times just as you mentioned 50 times Rix Rocks Ruck.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

sorry to hear of your loss mate...and i am being fair dinkum.....for once... :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote: Regardless of what an idiot he may be in real life his footy can be sublime. I was a great Luke Ball fan but I would take the Lovett pick up over him in a heartbeat .

never.....one's a no 2 draft pick.....the other's a drop kick.... :evil:
Last edited by stinger on Sun 03 Jan 2010 10:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Reading some of the posts in this thread is embarrassing. For the grown men who think it's all about themselves & how agressively abusive they can be & for myself because I know some of you who are dishing out the abuse. Am I that poor a judge of character?????????????

Just about had enough of this place. It is not a pleasant place to be, that's for sure.

Seriously, grow up guys & think of how you speak to each other in person & see if you can transfer that over to the written word. The abuse is really unwarranted, uncalled for & basically indicitave of your own shortcomings.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Reading some of the posts in this thread is embarrassing. For the grown men who think it's all about themselves & how agressively abusive they can be & for myself because I know some of you who are dishing out the abuse. Am I that poor a judge of character?????????????

Just about had enough of this place. It is not a pleasant place to be, that's for sure.

Seriously, grow up guys & think of how you speak to each other in person & see if you can transfer that over to the written word. The abuse is really unwarranted, uncalled for & basically indicitave of your own shortcomings.
i was going to say .."or short something else "but thought better of it...

but you are right of course anyway....

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Unforgiven wrote:I hope Lovett keeps his fitness/training up while the investigation continues. We get back from our break soon, and he will start missing out on training now, which definitly isn't ideal (nor is the whole situation, but i'm focusing on the football side of it).
I too have wondered bout that...its one thing to ban him but surely Lovett needs to be kept in shape with the main program IF we choose to salvage anything from his career and our season.

Just so dissapointed in this bloke.....has the talent,world at his feet at a club pushing for a GF and is blowing it..

“Yeah….nah””
Milton66
SS Life Member

snoopygirl wrote:Reading some of the posts in this thread is embarrassing. For the grown men who think it's all about themselves & how agressively abusive they can be & for myself because I know some of you who are dishing out the abuse. Am I that poor a judge of character?????????????

Agree.

And therein lies the problem and my main beef...

I'd like to see posters try this cr@p in real life.

Someone asked if calling someone else a so-and-so is wrong?

Well, the should take a survey in Bourke St by walking up to strangers and calling them that... then seeing what happens.

The sooner we all stop this the better.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So this thread is going well...

three mods in here trying to keep the peace, two in meltdown.

hey guys, I've git a great book of cricket sledges you need to read :lol: :lol:

Of and gazrat, I got a warning for calling Bernard Shankey a d##Khead because he accused St.Fid of saying the girl in this tawdry terrible grubby affair was a liar.

It was a decent discussion on the Lovett controversy in a different thread from someone who had a considered opinion on the issue being accused of insensitivity toward the girl and a bear faced lie.

I shouldn't have abused BS, but it pissed me off big time that someone would accuse St.Fid of suggesting this alleged victim was a liar, like the issue is some parlour game.

Anyway this thread has decended into the depths of off season depravity.

Shouldn't it be locked and everyone go and read a book or watch a movie and behave like adults once again???

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
GrumpyOne

FFS Mods.... lock the bloody thread.

It was fairly obvious four pages ago that the debate had got out of control.

It does not help having some mods enter into the hurly burly whilst others just sit back and compare us to children.

Lock the thread and then lock the subsidary argument threads that are going to grow from it. We all need time-out.

If you treat us like naughty little schoolkids don't be surprised that we behave up to that standard.

Lock the effing thread so that everyone can take a breath and move on.

Superboot
SS Life Member

Ditto.

I don't come on the forum very often during the summer. When I do, I often go to the last page of the longer threads to see what the latest news is. All too often I find that there is no additional news and that it's only abuse that has kept the thread going. It's a very odd thing to witness.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Keep it going just get it back on track. If we lock this one a new one just springs up. Then we go around and around in circles intil we lock that one and then on it goes.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Keep it going just get it back on track. If we lock this one a new one just springs up. Then we go around and around in circles intil we lock that one and then on it goes.

i don't think the mods take their orders from posters......they can...and do...think for themselves..and have their own opinions which they express .......

... shock ...horror.....

..it's just that certain posters on here have an overblown sense of their own
importance...they thought they ran the forum......found out that they weren't as valued as they thought.. so....turned nasty...and turned on themselves...before starting on the mods......still doing it too.... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :evil:
Last edited by stinger on Mon 04 Jan 2010 11:38am, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Keep it going just get it back on track. If we lock this one a new one just springs up. Then we go around and around in circles intil we lock that one and then on it goes.
No there is a decent thread on Lovett that has decended into this tripe.

Apart from one incredibly stupid comment from a poster accusing St.Fid of suggesting the girl was a liar, most of the discussion has been fair and civil and reasonably balanced.

Do we need two threads on Lovett?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

sorry to hear of your loss mate...and i am being fair dinkum.....for once... :cry:
Thanks Stinger, much appreciated, we may have had our differences in the past and will not always agree, but you're a SAINTER and when all is said and done, when it comes to push or shove, at the end of the day, I know you're a good man.

asiu

I reckon you take this site way too seriously and place far too much importance on it, truth be known.
i am as i am

at the end of the day , i'm quite a serious young stick insect

but i'll party hard , coz i like too ... and if its worth fighting over , i'll try every peaceful avenue to promote 'free expression' until i explode from frustration ... then i'll fight hard , coz i like too

i make a good friend
although i make a better enemy (my fathers side of the family special talent)

I do have questions and concerns as a FRIEND, but they would be best left between you and me and spoken privately.
i operate in a different paradigm to most

ask away , but usually the (honest and straight at the target) answers are not understood , and less appreciated
As for dodgy, I don't really want him banned, I was only posting that on your behalf
the little fish coming up , think its cool to become part of the lynch mob mentality around here

u do yourself no credit , imo , because you do the site , less credit ... its not my fault your bored around here ... thats your doing

it doesnt bore me , coz i like readn other peoples stuff .... there be the difference

this is all fun andrew , i know that and you know that , as everyone knows that ! you think we'd all be coming back if it wasn't 8-)

now get back on your purple self belief cloud , clean under your fingernails , and start saving for round 1

ps ,

no crashing surf sounds from your bondi beach sunroom for you either for round 1 .... she's another one whose sense of humour surgery failed miserably

ie; she threw me out again ... :lol:

moddies

sorry

66 ...go hard .... theres no personal bagging of you for what you do or how you do it , or what you fail (imo) to do , from me

discussing the issues / actions / results / intents .... only

snoops

its all andrews fault ... we all know that :)

sorry sweet .... had a tanty , what can i say :oops:

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Stinger wrote:
..it's just that certain posters on here have an overblown sense of their own importance.

Truer words have never been spoken !!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

you better put a up link for that quote

HarveysDeciple

GrumpyOne wrote:FFS Mods.... lock the bloody thread.

It was fairly obvious four pages ago that the debate had got out of control.

It does not help having some mods enter into the hurly burly whilst others just sit back and compare us to children.

Lock the thread and then lock the subsidary argument threads that are going to grow from it. We all need time-out.

If you treat us like naughty little schoolkids don't be surprised that we behave up to that standard.

Lock the effing thread so that everyone can take a breath and move on.
Lol.

"Let us behave like prats, just lock the thread" We don't need to take responsbility, we will carry on like a pork chops but you guys need to take control"

Ok. Locked