This can be the difference a new coach makes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Re: This can be the difference a new coach makes

chico2001 wrote: Mon 04 Jun 2018 10:14pm So its official then, it is a rebuild is that what I am hearing here? Never heard the word for the last 5 years to describe the St Kilda strategy. That would mean 12 other clubs are rebuilding too because they are short 3-4 very good players. Adelaide in 2017 were "very" decent and they have/had a dozen very good players. Using that theory, we currently have 6-7 very good players. I hope decent doesn't mean 9th in our case.

Maybe our very good players are overrated and would be classed as "good ordinary" players, to quote a legend.
Aren't 17 clubs rebuilding every year?

chico2001
Club Player

I can answer that very easily, and you should have already been able to answer your own question.There are rebuilds and topping up.... A rebuild is when you are totally without any semblance of a winning team such as the saints , gold coast and Carlton and you start from the bottom up. So WCE who are on top of the ladder are rebuilding are they? Then there is topping up , such as Melbourne gets a Lever to have a shot at the flag and Crows get a Gibbs to add to their midfield.

Get with it.

Thanks

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Tue 05 Jun 2018 9:54pm I can answer that very easily, and you should have already been able to answer your own question.There are rebuilds and topping up.... A rebuild is when you are totally without any semblance of a winning team such as the saints , gold coast and Carlton and you start from the bottom up. So WCE who are on top of the ladder are rebuilding are they? Then there is topping up , such as Melbourne gets a Lever to have a shot at the flag and Crows get a Gibbs to add to their midfield.

Get with it.

Thanks
So every club is building every year? There are just different names for it?