Guess this week's ins and outs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Guess this week's ins and outs

Like most players who have missed a fair bit of senior footy, Armo needed a few extra games to get back to full match fitness and to regain the touch he had from 2016. Maybe our footy department are too stupid to realise this is elite level sport. It's true to form that the coaches wanted him to play to a high standard when he was carrying injuries last year and expected him again to be in our best players in the early rounds of 2018. No wonder we are bottom of the ladder, when we manage our players like this.

I wrote in another thread that I believe Armo has one more good year and I also believe he will play his way back into the seniors later this year. I also believe that Armo has been a wonderful role model throughout the rebuild. It's a pity that St Kilda didn't re-introduce the rotating captain policy when Watters was appointed. Armo had a great opportunity to learn from Lenny Hayes and Riewoldt and I'm sure he would have been a worthy captain.

Interesting that DWOODROW mentions self importance and egos. Scott Watters tried to change the clique culture but when it came to challenging Nick Riewold and his captaincy and his overall influence within the St Kilda football club and the direction of the footy club, he found himself out of a job. The onfield leadership is now telling. The current situation at our club is what you get with the power balance geared towards senior players and the captaincy in the hands of one player for so many years.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Guess this week's ins and outs

Scollop wrote: Sat 02 Jun 2018 6:34pm The onfield leadership is now telling. The current situation at our club is what you get with the power balance geared towards senior players and the captaincy in the hands of one player for so many years.
Sad but true.