Nathan Freeman nearing return

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shrodes
SS Life Member

Re: Nathan Freeman nearing return

The_President wrote:Damo reporting that the plan is for Nath to play the final four rounds this season
Barrett? Can't trust anything he says, useless journalist.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:
The_President wrote:Damo reporting that the plan is for Nath to play the final four rounds this season
For once, I hope he's right and it comes to pass. Imagine the lift it would give Nathan and the club if he got through four senior games and showed a bit. Fingers crossed.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

That will change if we are any chance to play finals with four rounds to go.
He'd probably be better off at Sandy for the remainder of the season and play finals with them.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Or imagine the fairy tale finish if he comes back in round 20, helps lift us into the eight and is a major player in our barn-storming, four-finals-wins-in-a row premiership run. I had a dream..........

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Or imagine the fairy tale finish if he comes back in round 20, helps lift us into the eight and is a major player in our barn-storming, four-finals-wins-in-a row premiership run. I had a dream..........
Knowing our luck, he'd do his hamstring right on 3/4 time and the Swans would over our 5 goal lead in the last to win by a goal

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:
Ridiculous to even think about him playing AFL at this stage. Get him through the remainder of the season in the VFL and if he qualifies play in their finals it would be a great build up for next year. I would be just happy to see him string games together and get over his health issues...

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
shrodes wrote:
For once, I hope he's right and it comes to pass. Imagine the lift it would give Nathan and the club if he got through four senior games and showed a bit. Fingers crossed.
That's only two more games for Sandy as there are only 6 rounds to go in the AFL. I don't think he would be very match fit to play seniors but, if we are no chance for finals with 2 rounds to go then maybe.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I am happy we recruited Freeman last year and not that flog 'Matho' as many self proclaimed 'in the knows' were gunning for.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I am happy we recruited Freeman last year and not that flog 'Matho' as many self proclaimed 'in the knows' were gunning for.
Matho's a flog, Con? He wasn't nearly as highly rated as some would have you believe. He was discussed, but I doubt we were ever going to take him. Brandon White, Jade Gresham. Yes please. Tell us more about the flog bit, Con.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I am happy we recruited Freeman last year and not that flog 'Matho' as many self proclaimed 'in the knows' were gunning for.
Matho's a flog, Con? He wasn't nearly as highly rated as some would have you believe. He was discussed, but I doubt we were ever going to take him. Brandon White, Jade Gresham. Yes please. Tell us more about the flog bit, Con.
1. Many on here were blowing their trumpets as being club 'insiders' saying we were locks to recruit 'Matho' as they called him.
2. He is a ducking cheat.
3. His goal celebration on the weekend was flog like.
4. Mathieson was drafted 39 - before White. All the know it alls were claiming we would pick him with our first pick so surely pick 40 was an option?

Which of 1-3 are you disputing? Please address if you are so put off by comments.

Edit: If you are his dad or uncle or something I apologise. If not it seems odd you are jumping to his defence.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 19 Jul 2016 12:36am, edited 2 times in total.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Who is Matho? Who does he play for?

silverhalo
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
1. Many on here were blowing their trumpets as being club 'insiders' saying we were locks to recruit 'Matho' as they called him.
4. Mathieson was drafted 39 - before White. All the know it alls were claiming we would pick him with our first pick so surely pick 40 was an option?

Which of 1-3 are you disputing? Please address if you are so put off by comments.

Edit: If you are his dad or uncle or something I apologise. If not it seems odd you are jumping to his defence.
+1 on 1, 2 and 3

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
White Winmar wrote:

Settle down, Con. I wasn't disagreeing with you at all. Certainly not put off by opinions. I was intrigued. I'd been told that there were some serious doubts about him and that we weren't all that interested in him, once all the testing had been done. I too, was a little bemused to read on here how we were going to draft him. With pick 5, no less! Absolute rubbish. He's OK as a player, but hardly worth a pick that high. I think the fact that he was picked at 39 says it all. That was about right. Loves the contested ball, but not quick and a bit sloppy with the disposal. The flog bit I'm not aware of, but I haven't seen him play since U/18s.

silverhalo
Club Player

It was a surprise to many that he didn't get picked up until pick 39.

I personally feel it's because he is a FIGJAM, and most clubs would have picked up on that, and he also performed badly in the pre draft testing, beep test was very ordinary from memory; so glad we didn't pick him up - that goal celebration said it all for me - what a flog!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
White Winmar wrote:

Settle down, Con. I wasn't disagreeing with you at all. Certainly not put off by opinions. I was intrigued. I'd been told that there were some serious doubts about him and that we weren't all that interested in him, once all the testing had been done. I too, was a little bemused to read on here how we were going to draft him. With pick 5, no less! Absolute rubbish. He's OK as a player, but hardly worth a pick that high. I think the fact that he was picked at 39 says it all. That was about right. Loves the contested ball, but not quick and a bit sloppy with the disposal. The flog bit I'm not aware of, but I haven't seen him play since U/18s.
Sorry. I was just being this guy:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
White Winmar wrote:

Sorry. I was just being this guy:

No problem. We've all been that guy at some point. :D :D :)

Shaggy
Club Player

The kid has had 24 possessions twice in his first 5 games of AFL despite a fractured cheekbone to the start of his career. Hopefully White will be better but clearly 'Matho' is not a "flog" footballer.

loris
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Or imagine the fairy tale finish if he comes back in round 20, helps lift us into the eight and is a major player in our barn-storming, four-finals-wins-in-a row premiership run. I had a dream..........
Knowing our luck, he'd do his hamstring right on 3/4 time and the Swans would over our 5 goal lead in the last to win by a goal
Two posts that depicts we Sainters so aptly............... We dare to dream impossible dreams, we awake to reality, a nightmare has snuffed out our dream.

Sadly, 'tis the cross we Saint supporters bare :cry: :cry: :cry:

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
I just dropped into the fetal position.

Took me back to 05.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

The chosen one has returned! Doubting Thomas' repent of your sins!

It's a positive he got through almost all of a senior game. So that's a step forward. Now I guess they see how he pulls up. Do they give his hammies a rest for a week? Or do you just say eh we have to see what he can do or not do and keep getting some games into him and if he does a bit of twang so be it, we've got all preseason for him to rehab. I'm guessing unless he feels a real tightness they play him again in the VFL. I would reckon there is zero chance of Freezer playing AFL this year. It doesn't make any sense in terms of his fitness, form or risk factor going upto AFL intensity. If he can end up with three VFL games under his belt that's something to give him encouragement and belief in another tough off season.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I thought we used our second round pick this year for Freeman therefore the Mathison argument is mute unless you want to use Gresham instead of Freeman as the example.
If not correct me please.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

And any stats on Freemans game?

Playon
Club Player

Pretty quiet one, 12 disposals and 3 tackles, so I believe.
Which is fine, May have instructions to limit running, who knows.

Looks like he plays again next week and if the hammys aren't right he's off to overseas at the end of the year.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/n ... q7nge.html