Umpires

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpires

Puopulo with his goal (from a free) in the last wasn't exactly brought around on the correct line either - in fact the Hawk umpire didn't even line him up and he was a good 5 meters further away from the boundary line than he should have been

Hey just sayin but to me it was very obvious that he should have been shooting from a tighter angle

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

By the time he'd allowed play to run on and then called it back he put Puopolo on a much better angle than he should have been.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:By the time he'd allowed play to run on and then called it back he put Puopolo on a much better angle than he should have been.
Don't think he even motioned to put him on any angle at all

At the time I was thinking - what the fk bring him around on a tighter angle and when he didn't I got a little irate

If its true that this particular umpire is a Hawks supporter then he should never be allowed to umpire another Hawks game again

The two 15m rulings were as bad as I have seen - even more so considering they were back to back dead in front of goal in the last quarter of a super close game

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!