I think we'll get a top 4 pick in the draft.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FQF
SS Life Member

Re: I think we'll get a top 4 pick in the draft.

plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:Reports in the HS today that Brisbane expect pick 2 in compensation for Leunberger based on the precedent set last year with Frawley. How corrupt has the AFL become that they've now created a new priority pick system out of the blue.

It will still be based on the length of contract and the amount he gets as Frawleys was.
Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no strict formula for determining the compensation. Yes the length and amount of the contract is a factor but at the end of the day there is a value judgment that is necessary. It's pretty well accepted that the Frawley compensation was overs.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:Reports in the HS today that Brisbane expect pick 2 in compensation for Leunberger based on the precedent set last year with Frawley. How corrupt has the AFL become that they've now created a new priority pick system out of the blue.

It will still be based on the length of contract and the amount he gets as Frawleys was.
Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no strict formula for determining the compensation. Yes the length and amount of the contract is a factor but at the end of the day there is a value judgment that is necessary. It's pretty well accepted that the Frawley compensation was overs.

I listen to SEN everyday and not many said Frawley was overs based on the contract. I must admit I wouldn't see Luenberger getting as much as Frawley but if he does then that's what they get.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Frawley looks out of place to me amongst the other Hawks players. He lacks skills and sure ball handling ability. Yeah, he was overs.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

Yup - length of contract, amount the player receives and where the club ended up on the table.

Hawks getting 19 for Buddy compared to Melbourne #3 for Frawley (also our bj dal picks) but it was tweeked to give the lower clubs a leg up.

This is how Melbourne got Brayshaw and Petracca last year.

Anyway don't worry, after two years Schache and Weitering will be out of there. Club is a basket case.

You are garbage - Enough said
Clayton Davis
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote: Anyway don't worry, after two years Schache and Weitering will be out of there. Club is a basket case.
I really like wot you is implying dare Bunky. :D

Weitering, Goooooooodard n Delaney as our key defendas! N' wot with two of em all sah been able to b swung forwid.

Sheeeiiittt!!!! Make dat happen saints!

Warning: Press only in situations of extreme disbelief!
######### http://shiiiit.com/ #########
####### Image #######

About a simple man who was horrifically punished by
the powers that be for the terrible crime of trying to
bring light to the common people.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Clayton - big fan of your work old feller. Big fan.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
ace
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Melbourne won't get close to GWS and Essendon won't win another game.
Melbourne and Essendon are better teams than St Kilda

At tanking.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I listen to SEN everyday and not many said Frawley was overs based on the contract. I must admit I wouldn't see Luenberger getting as much as Frawley but if he does then that's what they get.
They'll probably get a priority pick at the end of the first round. The other clubs will do their block if we have yet another compromised draft because of the AFL's continual propping up of these developing states football sides. Between them and Melbourne, the drafts have been a joke for the past 8 years.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:Melbourne won't get close to GWS and Essendon won't win another game.
Melbourne and Essendon are better teams than St Kilda

At tanking.
If Melbourne cannot finish above us on merit with all the talent they have stockpiled on their list, they might as well give the game away. Essendon's final four games compared to ours should mean that they finish above us as well - with all the experience they have, playing the Suns and Collingwood, and with Chapman to come back they would be seriously underperforming to finish beneath us, even if it is on percentage.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

How much percentage did Essendon gain on us today?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saynta
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:How much percentage did Essendon gain on us today?
:) :D

The cheaters better than the Saints?. I don't think so. They are by far the worst team in the competition.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:How much percentage did Essendon gain on us today?
Well played sir!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Hi guys can we please stop talking draft picks ? There are still games left this year that we must win cause with the current top 4 list we've got that weekly win right now is far more important than who or how we can get top line talent in

Many thanks
Teflons mum

“Yeah….nah””
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I'm torn.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Essendon's final four games compared to ours should mean that they finish above us as well - with all the experience they have, playing the Suns and Collingwood, and with Chapman to come back they would be seriously underperforming to finish beneath us, even if it is on percentage.
:shock:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Huge gap between 12th and 13th so finishing 13th is not optimal. We are now better off finishing below Melbourne. There is nothing to be gained from finishing 13th instead of 14th. Realistically we are a long way behind Port, GWS and the Pies. I think finishing 13th would be a bit of a false hope result for us.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Huge gap between 12th and 13th so finishing 13th is not optimal. We are now better off finishing below Melbourne. There is nothing to be gained from finishing 13th instead of 14th. Realistically we are a long way behind Port, GWS and the Pies. I think finishing 13th would be a bit of a false hope result for us.

concur

“Yeah….nah””
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Huge gap between 12th and 13th so finishing 13th is not optimal. We are now better off finishing below Melbourne. There is nothing to be gained from finishing 13th instead of 14th. Realistically we are a long way behind Port, GWS and the Pies. I think finishing 13th would be a bit of a false hope result for us.

concur
No need to start calling Con names.

For the record Con, I don't think you're a dog.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Long Term Injury
Club Player

Teflon wrote:

concur
+ 1

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Melbourne should win 2 out of their last 3 anyway so they'll definitely finish above us. And as Con already posted, GWS, Port and Collingwood are all a long way ahead of us. Essendon do seem to be a bit worse than I thought however, and that is even after we gave them a hiding. Incredibly though, I still think they may win another game, but probably not two anymore. Don't really see how they can use WADA as an excuse when a lot of their players came to the club since 2012, still that's their problem.
In where we are list-wise, I cannot believe we were thrashed by Carlton in Wellington this year, and without Judd and Jamison in the side too. I think what it tells us is, we are probably still stage 1 rebuilding. To be honest I was looking forward all year to this last clutch of games to see how we would go against the best - and without having to play Hawthorn. The next three games should be interesting. Hoping for us to remain in the games for four quarters and give these matches a real shake; no 50+point hidings and to be within 6 goals at the final siren.
We desperately need to offload a lot of these guys who panic and can't kick! On top of this it also looks like Lee is probably gone and Spencer White, Markworth etc. Wow. Lot of work to do.
WE are definitely not ready for entering the FA stage yet.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
Teflon wrote:

concur
No need to start calling Con names.

For the record Con, I don't think you're a dog.
I thought Kerr was coward ?
Con ain't that he offers an opinion..

“Yeah….nah””
SMS
Club Player

Who cares. Lets just pick a fast tall player.

Aaron francis for me. Parish is again SMALL! He looks like a pussy too.

And lets get COLLINS as a KPP.

Collins and Francis for me.

Collins would be a steal for second round.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:Who cares. Lets just pick a fast tall player.

Aaron francis for me. Parish is again SMALL! He looks like a pussy too.

And lets get COLLINS as a KPP.

Collins and Francis for me.

Collins would be a steal for second round.
Will Francis make it through to pick 5?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I will be livid if the Dees roll-over against the Blues this week. Livid I tell ya!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Dees beat Carlton as expected, and Essendon with their new coach beat the Suns, and pick 4 could be back in the picture.

I hope we beat Geelong, but still believe they are a comfortably 5 goal better side than us, even at Etihad.