Game v Doggies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Austinnn
Club Player

Re: Game v Doggies

I wonder if Richo and co will use the psychological effect of their humiliation from the last time we played them. You would imagine the Dogs will really want to win this game and show us that the last game was an aberration. Will they try to break us early or will they wait til the 2nd or 3rd quarter? At some stage they are going to try and stand on our throats. How will we prepare ourselves for that?

Or do we just play dead for the first half and then march all over those sleeping puppies in the second like last time?

The doggies won't surely be caught out twice in the same way, like someone once said: "f*** me once, shame on you; f*** me twice, shame on me."`

I'd like to think that our coaches might be strategic about dealing with their Unfinished Business with us. Same for Melbourne soon. Whether it will work, or be enough, is something else, but it would help us in the coming years.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Austinnn wrote:.. like someone once said: "f*** me once, shame on you; f*** me twice, shame on me."`
Thought it was 'fool' me once..., but happy to go with your version.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
Austinnn wrote:.. like someone once said: "f*** me once, shame on you; f*** me twice, shame on me."`
Thought it was 'fool' me once..., but happy to go with your version.
But once, or twice :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

We'll most likely be lethargic after the bye as a lot of teams tend to be.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:We'll most likely be lethargic after the bye as a lot of teams tend to be.

I don't think there is any proof one way or the other. I think the bye wont be the reason we win or lose.

supersaints
Club Player

I'm usually a glass half full guy, but I have this irky feeling that the Dogs will give us a bit if a touch up, hope I'm wrong .
Yet to see how we handle the break, it does appear that some of the sides have cone out very flat , at least for the first half of the game, seeing we seem to be a bit slow of the mark , we need to work on is getting flying starts in games rather than playing catch up.
Should be an interesting match...

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
#gosaintas
Club Player

Let's hope the selectors give us a chance. No Shenton and for god's sake select Goddard, even if Fisher is back. Hopefully Schneider can't come back in yet.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Let's hope the selectors give us a chance. No Shenton and for god's sake select Goddard, even if Fisher is back. Hopefully Schneider can't come back in yet.

Luckily you don't select the side. The question is would we have won any games if you did. Hopefully Fisher is back as is Schneider which will mean Goddard waits again. He has plenty of time. We certainly don't need 3 tall backs.

#gosaintas
Club Player

We certainly don't need Schneider and Shenton.