Dogs are ripe for the picking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dogs are ripe for the picking

I turned the radio off at half time as I had to go out to do "stuff".

I ended up at my local and thought I better take a look at the AFL app and saw the result.

I know it happens quickly but as I scanned the final scores I thought the Bulldogs final score was a bit low considering their half time score and then couldn't believe my eye balls when I released we had pulled it off. I had to keep looking at it to make sure I wasn't seeing it incorrectly.

Amazing!

I was at my Osteo this morning and he is massive Hawks fan and a mad footy head as he watches all nine games and all the footy shows and lives with some guys who work at Fox so he's really into it. He gave the Saints a great chance today because he thought that the Bulldogs would have a let down.

I was also talking to him about post GF and how the media cycle moves on pretty quickly after the GF etc and he said that as a Hawks supporter, winning a GF was a bit of an anti climax....I immediately responded with, "oh, poor you".

He got a bit defensive and I thought, jeez, how dumb am I. The guy is manipulating my spine...I really do not want to upset him, too much.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

The Disch wrote:Hate to say i told you so....
Yeah I bet you were super confident at half time.

saint6709
Club Player

Fantastic win - no doubt about it - but I'm not sure they are few years ahead of us in terms of re build -- they said before the game we had only 9 players with less than 50 games (only !!) they had 15 ! So it was good to see us come back and win

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Harvey To Hayes wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:I just have a feeling it's going to be one of those glimsp of the future type matches where two young sides really hit it out in a cracking contest. Doggies could be ripe given how soggy the SCG was last week... Saints by 8.
Nice...
Cheers... Didn't see the comeback though..

The Disch
Club Player

dragit wrote:
The Disch wrote:Hate to say i told you so....
Yeah I bet you were super confident at half time.
:lol: :lol:
Too true this wasn't how i envisaged it. :wink: :wink: