Our recruiting has let us down Pt1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our recruiting has let us down Pt1

prwilkinson wrote:I actually think the list is starting to look really good. Time to get over those years we put all our eggs in one basket, they're irrelevant now.

One more year of getting as many 1st round picks as possible and with our player payments at something like 85% we're good to go on top up free agents in coming years or paying the youngsters who have shone better contracts that they've earned.

Compared to the mire the list and salary cap were both in, things are pretty rosy really.

We are paying 95% at the moment.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:I actually think the list is starting to look really good. Time to get over those years we put all our eggs in one basket, they're irrelevant now.

One more year of getting as many 1st round picks as possible and with our player payments at something like 85% we're good to go on top up free agents in coming years or paying the youngsters who have shone better contracts that they've earned.

Compared to the mire the list and salary cap were both in, things are pretty rosy really.

95? I thought we had set ourselves up with the lowest player payments in the comp. Guess I was wrong.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

95? I thought we had set ourselves up with the lowest player payments in the comp. Guess I was wrong.

That is as low as you can go.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Ahh... for some reason I thought it was 85. Good to see you Plugger... Feels like it's been about a year since I've been on this forum.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Ahh... for some reason I thought it was 85. Good to see you Plugger... Feels like it's been about a year since I've been on this forum.

Post more often. What you can do now is one year pay 95% and the next 105% but you cant have 2years at 95% and then 110%. I reckon we would have at least 1.5 million to play with if we wanted too in the next 2 years.