Sandy vs Willy match thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sandy vs Willy match thread

HitTheBoundary wrote:Anyone know how Gilbert went?

Pull up okay?
No. Got injured again.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

Pull up okay?
No. Got injured again.
He will fit into our new program next year, started off with Shneids this year;

GR = Geriatric Rookie.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
saynta wrote:

Pull up okay?
No. Got injured again.
He will fit into our new program next year, started off with Shneids this year;

GR = Geriatric Rookie.
you do know he's only 28?? He only slightly tweaked his groin and will miss a week.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Get him fit, and Gilbert can give us 4 really good years.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

What's going on with the TV schedule for Sandy. They are on channel 7 only once this year (against Casey on Saturday May 9) and that's it. Sandy played finals last year so you would think they would get a few TV games. I like seeing the next group trying out for senior positions.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:What's going on with the TV schedule for Sandy. They are on channel 7 only once this year (against Casey on Saturday May 9) and that's it. Sandy played finals last year so you would think they would get a few TV games. I like seeing the next group trying out for senior positions.
To My understanding Ch 7 are doing the same as the ABC did- and only locking in broadcast games in 6 week blocks.
on VFL website they only note the first month of broadcasts
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... &sID=63013

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:What's going on with the TV schedule for Sandy. They are on channel 7 only once this year (against Casey on Saturday May 9) and that's it. Sandy played finals last year so you would think they would get a few TV games. I like seeing the next group trying out for senior positions.
To My understanding Ch 7 are doing the same as the ABC did- and only locking in broadcast games in 6 week blocks.
on VFL website they only note the first month of broadcasts
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... &sID=63013
Okay thank SB. I was going by the Sandy fixture with only the round 4 game highlighted as the TV game. Going in 6 weeks blocks is okay then because if Sandy win a few we may see them on the telly:

http://www.sandringhamfc.com.au/2012-fi ... spx?pid=45

2015 Fixture

Peter Jackson VFL Seniors

RD Date Day Opponent Venue Home/Away Time
Prac 22-Mar Sunday Northern Blues Visy Park Away 1:00pm
Prac 4-Apr Saturday Port Melbourne North Port Oval Away 1:00pm
Prac 11-Apr Saturday Frankston Frankston Oval Away 2:00pm
1 19-Apr Sunday Essendon Trevor Barker Beach Oval Home 2:00pm
2 26-Apr Sunday Williamstown Burbank Oval Away 2:00pm
3 3-May Sunday Northern Blues Trevor Barker Beach Oval Home 2:00pm
4 9-May Saturday Casey Scorpions Casey Fields (TV GAME) Away 12:00pm
5 17-May Sunday Frankston Frankston Oval Away 2:00pm
6 24-May Sunday Box Hill Hawks Trevor Barker Beach Oval Home 2:00pm
7 30-May Saturday Werribee Trevor Barker Beach Oval Home 2:00pm
8 6-Jun Saturday North Ballarat Eureka Stadium Away 1:00pm
9 13-Jun Saturday Port Melbourne North Port Oval Away 2:00pm
10 Bye
11 28-Jun Sunday Footscray Trevor Barker Beach Oval Home 2:00pm
12 4-Jul Saturday Collingwood Victoria Park Away 2:00pm
13 12-Jul Sunday Coburg Trevor Barker Beach Oval Home 2:00pm
14 18-Jul Saturday Werribee Avalon Airport Oval Away 2:00pm
15 25-Jul Saturday Richmond ME Bank Centre Away 1:30pm
16 Bye
17 9-Aug Sunday Port Melbourne Trevor Barker Beach Oval Home 1:00pm
18 16-Aug Sunday Northern Blues Visy Park Away 2:00pm
19 23-Aug Sunday Geelong Trevor Barker Beach Oval Home 2:00pm
20 29-Aug Saturday Casey Scorpions Trevor Barker Beach Oval Home 2:00pm

“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

it appears that Sandy are indeed only on TV Once in the season

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... D=34529863

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:it appears that Sandy are indeed only on TV Once in the season

This is BS.

Richmond on 4 times, Collingwood, Geelong, Port Melbourne 3 times and Sandy ZIP. Geez channel 7 give me the s***s with this "ratings" nonsense. Anyone can see we have the best kids FFS!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:

This is BS.

Richmond on 4 times, Collingwood, Geelong, Port Melbourne 3 times and Sandy ZIP. Geez channel 7 give me the s***s with this "ratings" nonsense. Anyone can see we have the best kids FFS!

And guess what those sides have in common? They are proper sides, not this combined rubbish. The sooner it finishes the better. And the sooner the develop squad is axed it will be better again. Wrecking local footy. And im unsure anyone can see we have the best kids. Even if we have they may want the best sides or the best ratings. I reckon combined sides are like kissing your sister.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:

This is BS.

And guess what those sides have in common? They are proper sides, not this combined rubbish. The sooner it finishes the better. And the sooner the develop squad is axed it will be better again. Wrecking local footy. And im unsure anyone can see we have the best kids. Even if we have they may want the best sides or the best ratings. I reckon combined sides are like kissing your sister.
Yep the development squad has to go its rubbish and all you get is young kids coming back with inflated egos and wanting a big pay check.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:

This is BS.

Yep the development squad has to go its rubbish and all you get is young kids coming back with inflated egos and wanting a big pay check.

And I thought you were involved local footy. Obviously not anymore. I think one day I need to explain how bad it is for local footy and how there is now about 7 sides who don't even have the development squad. We wont in 2 years. Half the guys who play it play in another comp every second or third week so they basically don't even care how the side goes except on game day.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:

This is BS.

And I thought you were involved local footy. Obviously not anymore. I think one day I need to explain how bad it is for local footy and how there is now about 7 sides who don't even have the development squad. We wont in 2 years. Half the guys who play it play in another comp every second or third week so they basically don't even care how the side goes except on game day.
I agreed with you FFS. Its crap and the standard at times is poor due to no one wanting to play as there is no money in it . The young blokes that do go down think they have now become superstars and want big money to come back.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:

This is BS.

I agreed with you FFS. Its crap and the standard at times is poor due to no one wanting to play as there is no money in it . The young blokes that do go down think they have now become superstars and want big money to come back.

I am sorry read it wrongly. Thought you were being sarcastic. We had the same problem. Had 4 of our players playing there and came back after injury or a bye. We are in the ammos so there is no money. They have all left now to play for money. If there was no development league they would have stayed with us and wouldn't have cared about money. Get rid of it. Surely once all vic AFL clubs have their own side it will have to go.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:

This is BS.

I am sorry read it wrongly. Thought you were being sarcastic. We had the same problem. Had 4 of our players playing there and came back after injury or a bye. We are in the ammos so there is no money. They have all left now to play for money. If there was no development league they would have stayed with us and wouldn't have cared about money. Get rid of it. Surely once all vic AFL clubs have their own side it will have to go.
The other situation it has created is players come back in the bye and there home team has a win the next week they dont and are beaten. It effects the outcomes of so many games and teams miss or make the finals as a result.